Stargate loadouts

Your tempting me to break out the old gear and spend more money to make it skirmishable, would need some mag pouches as the Stargate vest doesnt have any :s

Great looking loadout!

I was always tempted to get a Vest Guy P90 vest.  But now you can get an omega vest with mollee loops and P90 mag pouches you dont need to.

I've also got a WIP Universe loadout, but I never got a Tan vest for it.  Badged as a captain to match my SG1 gear, ABU so based on the Lt James (the AF bint in ABU rather than the medic in black)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a theoretical question. We've seen that US and Russian (and multinational) teams use non standard equipment and hardware, what would a british SG team wear, and what weapons would they carry? (other than the obvious zat's, etc)

Gathering peoples thoughts for a possible loadout

If its just me my take I't be a, 6.5mm X39mm /6.8mm SPC, 7.62mm NATO SR25/ Grendel/ Beowulf M4 type, or a P90/MP5/USAS as allready in the show, the alternate M4's would offer better penetration against armoured targets with  RAID MTP clothing and A matching vest, though judging by how the US military have gone down the armour route, I'td probably be either issue or custom made MOLLE unit with integral armour.  Personal choice would be warrior, but thats just me.

Stargate have never been big on armour, they explained it in one episode that when hit by a Staff Weapon blast traditional armour heats up cooking the wearer. Doesnt explain why the guards in the Gateroom always wore them though (in the same episode they did show off a plasticy insert which provided protection to a degree).

In Universe Scott once called a basic MOLLE vest a "flak vest", have to remember at the end of the day its a scifi show and not always interested in making real world sense in a Military manner.

Sounds like a good ideas there Gliderider, I would be interested in seeing your WIP ABU loadout as I liked that from SGU. The tan vest may not be necessary though, James and most of the other Airmen seemed to wear green vests, same as the tan ones worn by Marines, and Telford wore the same black crossdraw as Scott, Young and anyone else in black (as well as Greer) which I always thought looked pretty good.

Greer was cool but I had ABU already, I couldn't remember whether it was a green or tan vest that james & the rest of the airmen wore.  Not overly impressed by the way that scott, young, johansen, and a couple of NCO technicians wore the funky black uniform, sort of a way of making them "elite" over the marines & airmen.

I agree about the body Armour.  I'd go for a Blackhawk style vest, depending on role which 1 though.  And I'd have a 40mm on whichever of those weapons, so probably a Blackhawk Omega Operator Rifle 40mm http://www.blackhawk.com/product/%E2%84%A6mega-Operator-Vest-40mmRifle,1132,85.htm

Maybe the airmen in the gate room are wearing armour to protect against friendly fire, IMFDB claims its a M2HB, but one looks bloody like a 20mm and the other a mk19.

Yeh I think the black uniforms were for base staff, kind of like the SG teams wearing green/blue BDU's in SG-1 and Atlantis teams wearing the grey unforms while the security personel wore BDU/MARPAT.

I dont think it was any elitism its more that AF/Marine security wore general utility uniforms most of the time, its possible the likes of Young, Scott and Johansen wore them too and the black uniform was a kind of 'dress' work uniform. Saying it was to make them elite would be odd as James outranked most of the people in black other than the core 3 and you could argue the same with the SG teams wore the green jackets with black vests vs the AF/Marine teams who wore woodland with LBV.

The black uniforms may have looked cooler, kind of a slick version of the SG-1/Atlantis uniforms, but when trekking accross a hot desert world I would rather have packed a se of ABU/MARPAT than the black gear.

The guards do make sense, would protect from shrapnel, plus you dont know who will come through the gate, may not be an enemy with energy weapons.

I read a few people mention the SS angle, I didnt see it other than the uniform being black, it was odd seeming both SG-1 and Atlantis wore black pretty often during their last 2 seasons with even less sense.

The Icarus Base personel ended up on Destiny with whatever was on their backs, and while there were spare uniforms and boots for the likes of Eli, Rush and even Telford to wear on occassion few of them thought to change. The SG-1 and Atlantis teams just chose to wear black while running around in the woods.

Plus the "hes wearing an eagle" angle doesnt make sense when you consider its the American rank for Colonel :P

I really do like the full black uniforms, and its a jacket I would love to own as I have both the SG-1 jackets in green and black, a woodland shirt and a black Atlantis shirt. I do really like the ABU though, even with the black vest like below and have considered getting some and using the SG-1 or Atlantis vest I have with it (be fine for indoor sites, will work just as well as full black or anything else)

203_awakening_11_zps9853eb57.jpg

Stop teasing saying you started the ABU look and get some photos, even if its like I was thinking with your SG-1 vest :P you could say your USAF from Atlantis or another offworld base, not like their Regs would allow SG team or other SGC patches.

I'd love to get a black RAID set of bdu and just put a normal collar on it, I know it wouldn be perfect but it would be good enough.

I'll have a look through my photos, but I'm fairly sure I dont have any.  not even dressed up like Johansen in that pik.

EDIT  TBH, I tooke the patches off the ABU, cant remember why now.  you'll have to waiut till i get a modern weapon, i will get one up at some point tho.

Makes me miss my SG-1 Loadout :( Still got most of it, but only stuff I still use is my O'Neill baseball cap, P90 chest sling & Wiley Xs,

Still got my Blackhawk Omega vest (SG1) & the Blackhawk Tac Vest (Atlantis) so I could do it again :D and of course I still have my wonderful P90!

Did loose my G-8 WEP Jacket though...

Always have a thing about collecting the glasses from each spin off. Got the Wiley X SG-1s (one set screen used :D) and Wiley X Blink (Universe)

Only thing Ive never been able to find is O'Neills Glasses..

The thing about Stargate loadouts is that they are ridiculously cheap and easy to do! Expensive if you want to go for extreme authenticity (thanks to the glasses and WEP jacket, not to mention Blackhawk Omega Medic vest...) - but if you want a basic impression, OD-green trousers, perhaps an OD UBACS and the appropriate SG patches, then a black vest on top, and use whichever assault rifle you wish. Not too much considering.

Unfortunately I subscribe to the "If you're going to do it, do it right" category and so I've constantly not bothered. I have black vests, OD green BDU's, UBACS and even flight jackets...but they're not the right ones :D

I will eventually get around to it though...

PS: Stargate Themed game = awesome. Very easy to write objectives for, and simple to accommodate walk-ons. Your bog standard "world occupied by Goa'uld, and being targeted by rogue NID operatives seeking advanced technology" - you have walk-ons covered by playing rebels or NID, and you can have the themed folk on SGC or Goa'uld :)

Yes its a fairly easy look to pull off, yes you can go down the expensive route and get it authentic, but if you pay attention to some of the details you can do it for a pretty cheap budget.

Set of green or woodland BDU's with a patch on each arm, black vest and a suitable rifle; MP5, P90, M4, M16, M249, UMP, G36 or anything similar to these.

I have both the green jacket as well as woodland BDU (posted before, these pictures are getting on a bit now)

IMG_1473.jpg

WEP G8 Jacket (P90 now long gone)

IMG_0552.jpg

woodland-kneel.jpg

Woodland BDU with black vest and LBV (MP5 now gone too, second picture out of game with a cleared, empty magazine and no battery hense no eye pro)

My main AEG is now a PTS Masada, going to be getting the old SG-1 vest back out (the jacket depending on how cool it is that day) and start running them together - hopefully will look good!

882191_420100851415079_1441156339_o_zpsf

DSCF0039.jpg

They all look good, but that last one is strait out of the show.

I have looked into the idea of a Stargate game but dont think that there is the player base that would accept none gould factions, I was thinking NID in black, SG Teams in OD/ Woodland, and someone like the Genii  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genii_%28Stargate%29 in grey or brown with WW2 weapons, mixing a bit of diplomacy with airsoft action.

Hahaha, only if you go with the Universe version, I got the feeling there were many factions which were a part of the 'Alliance' and they dressed very differently between SG-1.

An off world Op4 is probably harder than you think in a what to wear sense, weapons wise on screen various planets have been seen using AK74s, Type 97s, various pistols including Walthers and some with WWII styled weapons.

I think you're over complicating it - Apophis appropriated a world in order to train his warriors in the weapons of the SGC. With a little creativity you can have an OpFor with American/Modern weapons, without having to worry about what they're wearing.

Or you could simply use the foothold situation - options are limitless...all you do is keep it ludicrously simple, and youw ill find everything runs a LOT smoother.

You guys do make a good point, Id actually forgotten about the Russians.

To be honest I think it would be difficult enough to get enough SG wearing players to one game in numbers to fill one half of a skirmish, never mind matching up team types and building a senario based game around a Stargate theme.

Maybe a more relaxed meet up for like minded players would be better, just work rough numbers of who could go and let the site runner know ahead in time, just to make sure everyone ends up on the same side :)

A full on theme day could come later, Ive tried on occassion for a couple years to get local players to do a Stargate theme with limited success... A good few years ago there were a few teams who played at Lightfighter in Sheffield, we are talking back in 2005 there!

Chris

Archived