Stargate loadouts

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I like the way they up dated the uniform, with USMC In marpat, USAF in ABU, But I cant see why the base staff are in black, and the civvies in civvies one minute and ABU the next. Also how come the webbing is back to the BHI Omega stuff they had in the Pilot and first few series(I like it tho)

As for plot, well I normally just look at guns and explosions anyway. Next time I'm at an open day I'll try and get some piks.

I think its just that the majority of the Icarus personel wore the black jackets and the security personel wore MARPAT or ABU. The civilians are wearing whatever they have mixed in with whatever military clothing they could find. Civies wearing cammo has led to a number of heated arguments on Gateworld etc concerning improper wear of MARPAT uniforms by civilians, unbuttoned blouses and Eli wearing his cover backwards which to me bothers me more that hes trying to look cool and not shield his eyes from the sun which is what its meant to do.

I too like that they have the ABU, I just wish that when they went to the desert planet they had found Scott something other to wear (I suggested on one forum it shouldnt have mattered even if it was MARPAT - got an ear bashing for that from the same people arguing that civvies shouldnt be wearing them and neither should Scott, no matter the situation)

Black vests arent anything new as they have been used throughout SG-1 and Atlantis.

I agree, the black in the desert looked pants. I think Eli is a cock anyway, regardless of how he wears his cover.

The black on the ship looks good, but I still cant see where they got spare deserts for the civvies to use.

Just set up a forum for SG airsoft, I want to see if there is enough interest to organise a Mil sim type day.

I went for the SGU Tan gear (Using a OG Plate carrior till I can afford a TAN BHI vest)and ABU as I think marpat in arid or woodland looks a bit poo.

Thinking of Modding a M2 Jacket to look like a WEP to save wrecking it, but for now It's holding up well.

They grabbed whatever mission supplies were nearest so I would guess some spare MARPAT/ABU were in some boxes.

Yeah, but they made a big thing of taking the expedition supplies with them when they went.

I would be interested depending on where it is...but which SG series to go as!

Hopefully somewhere between Birmingham and Manchester

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

looks at general physique of community, notes lack of huge bodybuilding capoera fighters with waxed chests

Ooookay so you'll be wanting a 'close enough' look then :)

Well, I had an idea how to do a staff weapon using an aep mechbox but scrapped it as it was more trouble than it was worth. (plus I decided it was easier to mount an aep sideways and just hold the staff sideways gangsta style-cree :P) You could build a zat on top of an nbb/aep pistol (that would need GOOD modelling/sculpting skills and strong materials tho)

Coustumes well not the horus guard or snake guard helmets, you'd see NOTHING and snap your neck like a twig on the first branch you run into) The Jaffamaka (the metallic skull cap) is easier, just get a cheap football (soccer ball for those outside the civilised world :P), cut it open, then cut it to the right shape, sort of like the basic shape of an elvis wig (mutton chops and all) and spray it silver.

The chainmail well either go the route of low budget films (knitted wool sprayed silver) which soaks up water like a sponge, or buy the real stuff (EXPENSIVE doesn't quite cover it)

The armour plates and collar, well not sure about those but as they appear flexible in the series you could fake it up through several layers of linoleum glued together and painted silver/grey. Actually has anyone got a better suggestion for a material than that?

The armour plates and collar, well not sure about those but as they appear flexible in the series you could fake it up through several layers of linoleum glued together and painted silver/grey. Actually has anyone got a better suggestion for a material than that?

EVA foam mats. You can pick up packs of 4 for about £10 from places like B&Q and they are ideal for making armour as they are easily formed with heat guns or hair driers and sculpted with electric sanders.

This Fallout armour was made with them as an example as what can be achieved.

5362505129_9d36c007b4_b.jpg

I've also seen full sets of Halo armour made with the mats.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived