My new L96

Silent_Assassin

Well I've finally taken the plunge and gotten myself a proper bolt action sniper rifle, but I need some help. Now I know your all going to start chanting "search you noob" :P, but believe me I have. I just need a couple of questions answered.

Is the Warrior L96 barrel length 500mm (M14 length)? I've had a few conflicting results with this one.

What am bestest hop rubber for 500fps? Guarder 70° Hard or Prometheus Hard (Red)

The Warrior L96 I've bought has a damaged hop rubber and as a replacement is non-existant I've also ordered a HP hop unit hence the need for the AEG rubber and barrel.

Josh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The L96 does not take AEG barrels unless your getting an aftermarket hop unit (so that answers the hop rubber question also)

And then i forgot to read past the question,

HP hop never used so cant advise on hop rubber best for 500fps but barrel length is 499mm

Regards

Richard

Cheers for that Chownsy, I didn't want to order a 509mm barrel and have to lob the end off :rolleyes:

I'm placing an order on Ehobby Asia for the hop rubber, so as soon as I know which one I'll hit the payment button.

Josh

i use this for barrel lengths http://edgicustom-usa.com/products.php

Don't get the Prometheus Hard - it's too hard to even be usable. The Guarder is a good choice, so is just about every bucking BUT Prometheus.

Thanks bonzo. The Prometheus is $10 but the Guarder is only $4 so I can get a few of them :D

Josh

Hey Silent_Assasin, join the club ^^ My Well L96 is on it's way aswell and I might upgrade it in a few weeks, gonna play with it in its stockform first.

I'll probably buy the HP unit and HP spacers from Gunnerairsoft, a Guarder 70°bucking, Prometheus 509mm TB barrel and a Wilsha silencer (to cover up the TB barrel) from EhobbyAsia

If you're going to purchase the HP unit or any TB barrel and bucking, lemme know ;) I would love to know how it works out :D

Any pics of the new toy?

Not yet, but it should be delivered in the next few days tho. Can't wait :D

Hey Silent_Assasin, join the club ^^ My Well L96 is on it's way aswell and I might upgrade it in a few weeks, gonna play with it in its stockform first.

I'll probably buy the HP unit and HP spacers from Gunnerairsoft, a Guarder 70°bucking, Prometheus 509mm TB barrel and a Wilsha silencer (to cover up the TB barrel) from EhobbyAsia

If you're going to purchase the HP unit or any TB barrel and bucking, lemme know ;) I would love to know how it works out :D

Well I'm just going to get a Madbull 6.03 barrel for now and maybe change to a 6.01 next year if I need too. The only problem I've got is that I need to order the hop rubber from HK so I'll have to borrow a rubber from another gun until the Guarder rubber arrives.

And I'm also going to need barrel spacers. The shopping list just keeps mounting up :rolleyes:

Josh

as stated above, prommy ribbers aint the best, and can be a very tight fit i the hop chamber.

Barrel length is acually 495mm too.

As for getting a 6.01 later, its not worth it. The general consensus now is that a 6.03 is at least, if not more accurate.

Apparently, madbull barrels have an inner coating, which wears over time, reducing accuracy.

Try an edgi, pdi, or prometheus 6.03. More expensive, but you get what you pay for!

I use a guarder rubber, and its.... Meh. Ok, but not brill. If you can find firefly hard anywhere, buy a few and let me know!

Hope this helps :)

Not yet, but it should be delivered in the next few days tho. Can't wait :D

Well I'm just going to get a Madbull 6.03 barrel for now and maybe change to a 6.01 next year if I need too. The only problem I've got is that I need to order the hop rubber from HK so I'll have to borrow a rubber from another gun until the Guarder rubber arrives.

And I'm also going to need barrel spacers. The shopping list just keeps mounting up :rolleyes:

Josh

SO are you going to get the HP unit or not? Because you can only use AEG barrel and HU when you got the HP or PDI unit iirc :P

I will choose for the Prometheus barrel because I rather have quality and if it can increase the accuracy, it'll also increase the fun when I skirm with my L96 xD

as stated above, prommy ribbers aint the best, and can be a very tight fit i the hop chamber.

Barrel length is acually 495mm too.

As for getting a 6.01 later, its not worth it. The general consensus now is that a 6.03 is at least, if not more accurate.

Apparently, madbull barrels have an inner coating, which wears over time, reducing accuracy.

Try an edgi, pdi, or prometheus 6.03. More expensive, but you get what you pay for!

I use a guarder rubber, and its.... Meh. Ok, but not brill. If you can find firefly hard anywhere, buy a few and let me know!

Hope this helps :)

The prometheus 6.03 is only about £40 from Ehobby (the MB is £30), but again it means ordering from HK so I doubt I'll get it this year <_<. The only one that will fit however is 509mm in length. If I cut 14mm off will it damage any coatings?

SO are you going to get the HP unit or not? Because you can only use AEG barrel and HU when you got the HP or PDI unit iirc :P

Yes I've bought the HP hop unit from the same guy who sold me the L96.

Josh

The prometheus 6.03 is only about £40 from Ehobby (the MB is £30), but again it means ordering from HK so I doubt I'll get it this year <_<. The only one that will fit however is 509mm in length. If I cut 14mm off will it damage any coatings?

Can't you choose for the Express shipping? Whenever I chose that one, they manage to get it to my door (Belgium) in 3 days. You do have to pay customs costs etc tho, but if it's urgent ... who cares :D

I'll choose the 509mm Prommy and just add a silencer to it, i'll see how that goes :)

Yes I've bought the HP hop unit from the same guy who sold me the L96.

Nice! Lemme know how it works out for ya!

Can't you choose for the Express shipping? Whenever I chose that one, they manage to get it to my door (Belgium) in 3 days. You do have to pay customs costs etc tho, but if it's urgent ... who cares :D

Standard shipping is $14 (£8.40) but Express is $32 (£19.21)! So the savings I make on the items are going to be spent on the shipping costs :( I could order the bits for my M14 which I was getting in the new year but that brings my grand total to $180 (£108) which means I'd have to cut back on Christmas presents, and I'm not the kinda guy to *fruitcage* with karma!

Josh

i dont think the prommy barrels are coated, but not sure.

I use a pdi, and these are stainless steel, no coating.

As long as you do a neat job (dont use a pipe cutter, as these crimp when cutting), and de burr it, you should be ok :)

As for barrel spacers, just use tape. I bought pricey pdi ones, and they didnt fit...

Prometheus is stainless steel. I've sanded and polished the hop window and there is definitely not coating. You can't cut Madbull barrel down because the coating will flake off.

There's a 500mm Prometheus barrel which should fit - otherwise you can just drill 1mm out the endcap if it doesn't, which is far easier than cutting a barrel down :P

Usually at ehobby if you buy enough, the EMS shipping get about the same or even cheaper than airmail.

Prometheus is stainless steel. I've sanded and polished the hop window and there is definitely not coating. You can't cut Madbull barrel down because the coating will flake off.

Thats the original MB, the Ver2 or "Python" has an anodising process that can't peel.

There's a 500mm Prometheus barrel which should fit - otherwise you can just drill 1mm out the endcap if it doesn't, which is far easier than cutting a barrel down :P

The only 500mm is for the M14 which is model specific IIRC.

Usually at ehobby if you buy enough, the EMS shipping get about the same or even cheaper than airmail.

Yer I've noticed that, If I get all the items I want in one go then express is only £4 more.

Josh

Right my shopping list for Ehobby Asia is as follows:-

• Guarder Hop Rubber (Hard) x2
  • Prometheus 6.03 EG Barrel (509mm)
  • EA 556 Holographic RED/GREEN Dot Sight
  • King Arms M14 Full Metal Scope Mount Base (Version 2)

The subtotal comes to $142.38 + $38 Express shipping = $180.38 / £111.54 (£1=$1.67)

My original budget was £60 inc shipping but my sisters are paying £50 between them to cover the extra cost as my xmas prezzy. Well at least I'm getting what I want this year and not socks again <_<

Josh

My L96 arrived today so here's the pics as promised...

Photo592.jpg

Photo590.jpg

Photo591.jpg

It was originally 2 tone green but the previous owner has done a really good job of covering it in sniper tape so I just need to give it a few coats of Krylon Dark + Med Brown to finish it off.

Josh

Mine has arrived aswell, since it's a new one: is there anything I should do with it? Like clean the excessive grease etc? Also, I can't seem to add my bipod to my QD stud, the stud is of plastic and i'm afraid of breaking it :huh:

Archived