Madbull Ultimate Hopup Assembly

I picked one of these up for my VFC and it does not fit. Has anyone attempted to dremel the hop up to fit in any other models?

I am curious as to where i should look first to dremel so that it will fit into my outer barrel.

From what i can tell, its hard to get a good inspection with the outer barrel in the receiver, the wings of the hop assembly are the main point of contact when trying to fit it into the outer barrel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked one of these up for my VFC and it does not fit. Has anyone attempted to dremel the hop up to fit in any other models?

I am curious as to where i should look first to dremel so that it will fit into my outer barrel.

From what i can tell, its hard to get a good inspection with the outer barrel in the receiver, the wings of the hop assembly are the main point of contact when trying to fit it into the outer barrel.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o287/He...ey/VSCN0931.jpg

Bolt catch system still able to function with the new hop up in the gun :)

So ... did you modify it to fit, or was it installed incorrectly the first time? Have you tested the fps and accuracy of the unit before and after? I'm interested in getting these for my SR15's ... but only if they work. Did the hopup maintain it's setting once adjusted?

So ... did you modify it to fit, or was it installed incorrectly the first time? Have you tested the fps and accuracy of the unit before and after? I'm interested in getting these for my SR15's ... but only if they work. Did the hopup maintain it's setting once adjusted?

Yea it was modified to fit. I had one of the techs up at ASGI do the dremel work and we both figured only the wings needed to be filed for it to fit. When i went to pick it up he said other than filing down the wings it was an easy installment. I will warn you that systema buckings and even the stock madbull blue bucking that comes with it are a *badgeress* to get in the chamber. A very tight fit and you actually need to cut down the bucking so that the c-clip will be able to fit around the barrel. I am not able to do test the fps, i dont have a chrono, but it holds its setting very well.

Hope that helps, if you have any more questions or want more pictures of the unit in the gun or of the unit itself let me know. It really is a great chamber.

Have you run a properly set-up prometheus strike chamber or other comparable high end M4 hop-up setup before? How does it compare in terms of consistency, airseal, range, etc? Ie. if you do accuracy and range testing, are you getting really nice, tight, consistent groupings with no flyers? Max range with stock VFC? Etc.

Would you recommend it as a good, stable consistent platform? I currently have a prometheus lined up to go in my VFC, but if the madbull works even better, I'd rather get that, as I like all the features and better adjusting mech.

Edited by Vercingetorix
Have you run a properly set-up prometheus strike chamber or other comparable high end M4 hop-up setup before? How does it compare in terms of consistency, airseal, range, etc? Ie. if you do accuracy and range testing, are you getting really nice, tight, consistent groupings with no flyers? Max range with stock VFC? Etc.

Would you recommend it as a good, stable consistent platform? I currently have a prometheus lined up to go in my VFC, but if the madbull works even better, I'd rather get that, as I like all the features and better adjusting mech.

I had a prometheus strike chamber in my VFC 416 a few years ago and had some issues with it. I know everyone praises it but since it still ran off the same flawed design of the m4/m16 chamber i never saw the need to go for it again. I have not done any tests yet as i am still working on getting the bucking situated. I will try and put some rounds through it tomorrow and give you a better answer in terms of groupings/flyers.

I do believe it is a stable platform. However like i said before it is a ridiculously tight fit with the madbull blue bucking and systema bucking. I know there is a guy at my local field running the madbull hop up chamber with the stock blue bucking and a modify torus gear box and his range/accuracy is just unbelievable.

• 1 month later...

I've installed the MadBull Ultimate Hop Up in both my SR15's. One SR15 has the stock 16" outer barrel while the other had a King Arms 11.5" outer barrel. Both Madbull HopUps went into the guns flawlessly. No modifications needed. Instead of the Madbull bucking and nub, I immediately installed a Guarder Clear bucking, the Element H-nub and a KM Tightbore Barrel. The impetus for switching to these Madbull HopUps from my Systema HopUps that I had installed was that I had issues with the Systemas maintaining their settings. To "encourage" the Guarder bucking into the Madbull HopUp I applied a couple drops of silicone oil onto the exterior of the bucking while it was installed on the inner barrel. This seemed to help a lot.

Performance-wise, I've been satisfied with it so far. Decent range, and the occasional random drop offs I was getting, seems to have resolved itself. I tested the gun on two subsequent days, and will be testing them extensively at an event this weekend.

A+ so far! If they keep up I'll be replacing the hopUps in all my guns.

Thanks for your impressions usmccorps, but, what impressed you? range? consistency? precision? :)

Using a KM tightbore, Element H-nub and guarder bucking:

Range was essentially the same as my Systema HopUp.

Consistency was essentially the same as my Systema HopUp.

Precision was essentially the same as my Systema HopUp.

What impressed me the most was how well it maintained it's setting. Once I had it dialed in, I was able to keep it at that whereas most of the other setups I've tested have all slipped in time.

Using a KM tightbore, Element H-nub and guarder bucking:

Range was essentially the same as my Systema HopUp.

Consistency was essentially the same as my Systema HopUp.

Precision was essentially the same as my Systema HopUp.

What impressed me the most was how well it maintained it's setting. Once I had it dialed in, I was able to keep it at that whereas most of the other setups I've tested have all slipped in time.

Have you used any similar setups with a Promy strike chamber? How does it compare? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got mine.

I like it. Alot.

However, it gets a LOT of fliers.... I used the madbull bucking it came with, because I've heard of some stories of them being amazing when paired with a madbull HU. Gonna have to spend some time messing around with it/swapping the buckings with systema, promy, ARS, etc. Anyone got any advice/fixed this not so little problem with theirs (I am getting fliers 1 out of 5 bbs=not ok).

I had mine installed with a Guarder clear and SCS nub and it was running like a laser at about 300 FPS, but I did some major work to the gun (new body and M130 gearbox) and tore the bucking while removing the barrel. Put in a new Guarder clear and now it's double feeding and hooking like mad. Probably an issue with the new bucking but who knows.

I'm also going to pick up a tracer unit; it's ridiculously overpriced but I don't have time to make one myself. I'm assuming it can handle the juice from a Li-Po battery?

Kojak, when you install the inner barrel into the hopup check the bucking. Look through the hopup from the rear and see if the bucking is inserted and aligned correctly. I've noticed that because the guarder clear bucking is a little thicker than some, the tapered end may get deformed when inserted into the hopup. Also dial the hopup completely on and look through the hopup to make sure it's contacting the top of the BB at the 12 o'clock position.

Kojak, when you install the inner barrel into the hopup check the bucking. Look through the hopup from the rear and see if the bucking is inserted and aligned correctly. I've noticed that because the guarder clear bucking is a little thicker than some, the tapered end may get deformed when inserted into the hopup. Also dial the hopup completely on and look through the hopup to make sure it's contacting the top of the BB at the 12 o'clock position.

Will do; it's my hope that the lip is out of place causing the double feeding, though everything looked fine before I put it together. OTOH this particular AEG is such an enormous pain to take apart (front wired with FET and LiPo crammed into the handguard) that maybe I should have a different bucking handy. The Guarder clear seems a little soft for a M130 spring, I only used it because I heard it was a good match for the SCS nub.

Quick update: after tearing both of my Guarder clear buckings I stuck the blue one that came with the hopup back in (had to trim it to clear the clip) and my feeding issues are fixed for now. I also broke down and sprung for the rather overpriced "tracer unit" from RedWolf and some .25 dark knight BBs.

Haven't taken it to a game yet, but range and accuracy seem very good and the LED fits and functions perfectly. Even my girlfriend was impressed with the light show.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: after tearing both of my Guarder clear buckings I stuck the blue one that came with the hopup back in (had to trim it to clear the clip) and my feeding issues are fixed for now. I also broke down and sprung for the rather overpriced "tracer unit" from RedWolf and some .25 dark knight BBs.

Haven't taken it to a game yet, but range and accuracy seem very good and the LED fits and functions perfectly. Even my girlfriend was impressed with the light show.

How did you wire your tracer unit up Kojak? Along with the gun connector or to a seperate power source? (I thought I remembered reading something about you rigging it to a seperate LiPo in the handguard)

I'm curious as to what type of mini power source everyone can use with the tracer unit. Only because it'd be nice to be able to remove the tracer unit from the entire gun when your not planning on using it, rather then tuck the wiring out of sight.