Ebaybanned Problem

Blackweell!

Hmmm interesting, I'm getting the warning too with Chrome, but I'm running Linux (so not a great deal of need for AV and malware software :P = none installed). That would suggest that Chrome has some kind of phone-home to Googles own malware checker.

TBH, I'm not sure what I dislike more, the fact that EBB is infected or that Google Chrome phones home without asking me beforehand :S

In either case +1 for the infection being detected. I'm sure if you Google EBB and then click the link it will already have been blocked by them. As Tom-843 said, it is being framed to something called JY-Closet. The server is probably a shared web-host and the JY-Closet site/user has been compromised and also infected any other sites on that server too. I'll probably never know, but it would be kool to find out if the SysAdmins of their server ever heard of SuExec or SELinux and why they thought that was a bad idea? ;)

Cheers,

Cpl Dave.

My McAfee Site advisor plugin seems to tell me nothing. On the other hand, AVG doesn't like this, it doesn't like this, not one bit *licks lips as if it were candy*.

Though EB says nothing about it being hacked, so maybe the owner isn't fully aware or addressing this? Or more likely wanting to keep this on the down low?

It hasn't popped up in a while, do you think I'm OK? I clicked on the AVG Anti-Virus control center thing and it appears that everything is normal.

As has been mentioned it appears the site was hacked and has now been fixed.

You did however tell your antivirus to ignore the threat and let it right past your security... So I strongly suggest you update your antivirus software and run a full scan right now. Oh and AVG free is rubbish compared to something like NOD 32.

Antivirus is not something anyone wants to cheap out on, yet people do this so very often. Its the most important software on your computer next to the OS.

That and Malwarebytes is great for spyware. Go for the paid version of that as well.

Archived