G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems as solid as a rock, the front end is a bit naff because there are no holes for mounting any rails or anything, but I was always going to use the stock + reciever anyhow.

Plus at £169 I couldn't really argue! The star is around £240+ isn't it? I guess I've got nothing to compare it to really, but I'm happy. No creaks or wobbles, and it's the same finish as the CA G36C. Thumbs up in my opinion!

the star doesnt have holes for a RIS either, i did a shortened version of my SL9 at one point, not as hot as yours, but:

IMG_1160.jpg

i changed it around a fair bit at first, but found it was wearing the thread on the grub screw for the flash hider on the short one after a while

so it stays in SL9 config now.. :P i call the short one the SL9-C by the way lol

Lol I was looking at it thinking "Wow that looks really weird for a G36k. Wait why are the selector markings so faint and the switch has a big round thing in it...?"

It doesn't look up to par with the other companies' G36s but I guess you have to consider it costs a whole lot less. With a paintjob it might not look as weird =)

Please forgive me if this is already posted elsewhere, but can you do me some small favors? Can I see a closeup of the handguard pin, body pins, and pics of it with the handguard off? Also, is the barrel on and flash hider metal, negative threaded and TM compatible?

someone needs to do a full review of that BE! I promise +1s for your trouble. I did search to see if anyone has gone in depth on it yet, but all I find is info on the BE SL9.

So the gas block and outer barrel are all one piece? Is it metal? And it's not 14mm :( so you can't put aftermarket flash hiders on it huh? Is Penguin right about the carry handle? no aftermarket ability there either? How is the scope? what magnification and how's the eye relief?

I'll keep the +1s coming - you deserve it for putting up with all my questions :D

Yup, I plan to do just what Jag suggested with a short, stubby supressor for that "G2A2 from F.E.A.R." look - just to try it (once I get an SL9 of some type).

If you do try it, be sure to post pics :D

edit: wait, if it's not 14mm - what then is the threading on the BE? Finding a silencer in that case could be pretty tough.

Edited by n00bTard

That link is to a "full length" or "E" handguard - and I don't believe anyone makes a "full length" or "E length" handguard that will accept rails - in the airsoft world - the real steel does, and there is a real-steel under rail that goes pretty much the whole length of the handguard you linked to available at Cal's sporting armory (not sure if its ok to link to that site though)

Otherwise, lots of sites sell rails for the K handguard - which is not what you linked to (in case there's any confusion) - like these fit the K handguard perfectly. I have them and I can post a pic of them on a G36k if you need.

Edit: here's the link for real steel SL8/G36 parts: Cals' G36 accessories including a long forarm under rail. I just don't know of any airsoft long forarms that accept rails - only Ks and Cs.

Edited by n00bTard