G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This pic needs a little background.

We were playing at a field that required full face masks. I had recently purchased a CA8-2 which I really wanted to test try out, but there was no way for me to use the scope in the carry handle that came with the gun, so I had to create a monstrosity. I swapped carry handles with my G36c and added a carry handle and z-rail from my friends M4, and then topped it off with his ACOG. The end result was something like this:

S5000129.jpg

It's an abomination, I know, but it looks kinda cool in it's own way. I switched to my much-abused G36c pretty early on in the game because there was a lot of close fighting, but I was really impressed with the CA8's performance and accuracy. I can't wait to try it out some more with a little more practical setup (you know, something with less than a foot of sight drop :rolleyes: ).

Oh, and if I throw the c-mag on there, that thing looks brutal. Like something from a post-apocalyptic nightmare.

Surely it's a bit overkill? You don't put your chin on the top of the stock of you?

More than a bit. And no, I don't normally shoot with my chin on the stock, but this was my first game wearing a pb mask and I figured that it would be better if I put the scope high enough so that I could use it. Turns out I was wrong; it didn't really matter. It was too high to be of much use.

Got me plenty of attention, though.

just a quick question but - do all g36's have plastic bodys and if so are they really strong?

thx

Classic Army and Army Code bodies are as strong or even stronger than the so called "high grade" metal bodies. The good thing about the plastic polymer bodies is that on a heavy impact they will flex and absorb the energy rather than fracture and break. ;)

Classic Army and Army Code bodies are as strong or even stronger than the so called "high grade" metal bodies. The good thing about the plastic polymer bodies is that on a heavy impact they will flex and absorb the energy rather than fracture and break. ;)

I can vouch for the quality of the Army Code G36 Body. I fitted one to my TM G36 and its both rock solid and flexable... if that makes sense. I was sorting out my kit for the weekend (I've got a local game tomorrow and then a CQB day at Spectre on Sunday) so I thought I'd Post a picture of my G36K

dscf0004bg9.jpg

As it stands so far its a 2 year old TM G36c With..

G&P Front End

G&P 4 Prong Flashider and outer barrel

Classic Army G36 Full Length Stock & Lower Reciever

Army Code G36k Body

Guarder 6.04mm tightbore

I dunno whether to go with a 'proper' full height carry handle or stick with the one I've got, albeit with MP7 sights on it. Its a great gun for CQB, though it can get a little front heay at times.

I dunno whether to go with a 'proper' full height carry handle or stick with the one I've got, albeit with MP7 sights on it. Its a great gun for CQB, though it can get a little front heay at times.

What do you mean by 'proper' and 'full height' do you mean the 'k' single optic sight? Also i dont see any MP7 sights on your g36k i just see the 'c' iron sights.

What do you mean by 'proper' and 'full height' do you mean the 'k' single optic sight? Also i dont see any MP7 sights on your g36k i just see the 'c' iron sights.

Thats the one... I just couldnt remember the name.... plus 'albeit with MP7 sights on it' means the 'c' style rail with MP7 sights in place of the 'c' iron sights.

Got ya ;)

There a quite a few pic's of g36k with the k rail on. Personally i like the 'c' rail as i dont find the other (single&dual) optics to much use, i perfer to stick either a red dot of some sort or a proper scope.

MP7 sights look pretty cool though, but i dont find them very practical to aim with a tad small for me when flipped up.

15062006006.jpg

But down they look pretty cool.

15062006005.jpg

Leave it as it is, it's beautiful  :D  :D  :D

toatlly agree with that your g36 is beautifull i got one the classic army version and have a red dot site on it (unfortunately had to get a new one due to it gettin shot and breaking the glass :angry: ) the grip is nice too i have a pic of me with mine cant remember how to post but if you go onto my profile its on there