Iris(h) Robinson

Stealthbomber

Start HERE but read some of the other stories too.

Basically, this is the story of the Irish First Minister who's tried to hide his wifes dodgy financial dealings.

Thing is, the lady in question, Iris Robinson, (who's also an MP etc) claims to be a born again christian.

She has, in the past, been rather scathing towards homosexuals.

On one radio show she said that she'd be happy for any gay people to contact her so she could put them in touch with her shrink to help "cure" them.

She also, apparently, suggested that gays should get religion on the basis that if religion could purge the sins of a murderer it could probably help do the same for gay people too.

Then she decided to have an affair with a kid 40 years younger than her and, seemingly, used her position as an MP to persuade property developers to hand over £50,000 to him so he could start up a restaurant.

Then, as a final christian gesture, she asked for a £5,000 back-hander from the kid for her trouble.

Basically, this has all come to light because MPs are supposed to declare all their financial interests.

With hindsight, I guess it's unwise for an MP to go into business with somebody they're having an affair with.

Must admit, I've only just heard about this and it all seems a bit farcical and not a little un-christian.

Thats a bit harsh, Im not sure even Brown has gone this far off the reservation.

Has to be said though, the Irish parliament seems much more entertaining than ours. Forget Hazel Blears driving into a parked car, give us David Blunkett killing hookers while on a cocaine binge and throwing his dog off tower bridge!

Or Peter Mandelson being thrown out of parliament for being a right corrupt b***** twice before coming back as a Lord and running the country... oh wait that already happened.

Never trust a born again christiasn, as they should be seen as turn coats. Being agnostic, I hate how born again christians come out and are either trying to run away from a nasty past or they take it so seriously that they try to force their views on everyone they meet (Just my experience, I would love to meet a born again christian that wasn't).

I was at a party once and the word *suitcase* popped out, they asked me not to swear in there house, if it was there house I would have left but instead reminded said person that they shared the house with my girlfriend, *badgeress*.

So another politican has been found foul, maybe we should hire Steven Seagal as the guy to track them down, then hadn them over to Chuck Norris for some swift justice. I mean, an eye for an eye, and all that jazz.

Jello Biafra said his father called BACs 'obnoxiously religious', as they seem to justify whatever they do in the name of their 'lord'.

"If you are ever doing business with a relgious sonuvabitch, get it in writing. His word isnt worth ****...not with the good lord telling him how to **** you on the deal". <William S. Burroughs>

That said however, you dont have to be religious to be a criminal. It just helps you justify it to your conscience.

Someone should tell the BAC and all other religious types that homosexuality isnt a disease, nor is it a conscious lifestyle choice; who wakes up one morning and decides that they like bum sex exactly? No one, its a matter psychological disposition- cant choose to like members of the same sex or opposite sex, no more than you can choose your skin colour, just takes a while to realise you are what you are usually. Sorry for the offtopic though, not a battyboy myself, and I do have a sense of humour about these things incase you cant tell from the jibes/jokes- but I dont persecute people different to me because a 2000 year old fairytale book says I should :)

Most religious types I know, like my wife, don't hate and or speak out against gays, hell most catholic priests are gay. I find that most poeple who hate and or say bad things about homosexuality are anyone and everyone. Its not about religion, as most of the people I have come across who speak out agianst homosexuality, are not religious in any way.

Curious..

Call them facist biggots then, being religious could just be coincidental to an extent- the bible still has its own opinion that many overly zealous types will use an as excuse to speak out about the evils of being gay etc.

Gotta laugh about her having a toyboy 40 years younger though yet being a total BAC hypercite at the same time- politicians eh. :P

OK, so you want to use quotations from a work of fiction from a time period where the prevailing wisdom was that witches existed and there was no electricity?

You want to use those quotations to put down homosexuality?

You want to use the wisdom of a group of people who mostly couldn't read or write?

If you want to bash gays perhaps you should just have the balls to admit that it is just your own grubby little bigoted opinion.

If you can't defend your opinion without having an imaginary omnipotent fruitcake on your side then you need to man up a bit.

TBH, I think she'd probably been riding for a fall, what with all her interesting religious and moral view and all, and I suspect that it was more a case of her finally doing something that they could nail her for.

I wonder who tipped off the media and/or the parliament to her financial skullduggery?

TBH, I think she'd probably been riding for a fall, what with all her interesting religious and moral view and all, and I suspect that it was more a case of her finally doing something that they could nail her for.

I wonder who tipped off the media and/or the parliament to her financial skullduggery?

Her political adviser. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00qc...tlight_Special/

Archived