'Ouch-kills'.

greg

I was putting burst fire into an office room from a doorway yesterday as someone was hiding behind a overturned desk. The guy must have put his head up just as a stream of rounds were coming his way as when we got back to the safezone, he said he just saw black and his legs turned to jelly. He shouted hit but couldn't stand up to move out of the way. LOL!

Apart from that, getting shot on 3 fingers from stupidly close range yesterday was a deffinate stinger!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I would get hit before I made it across the Main bridge @ Combat South Woodland so I left my kit at the respawn point.

Turns out there was three people to a tree because they were worried about getting killed even though the respawn point was only about 50 yards away and we had unlimited lives!

Any way , I made it across and up to a window where I see two of the enemy crouching in the corner.

I got a bit over excited and didn't cover my face before sticking my head in the window and even though I bang killed them both from less then a meter away one still let rip with this beauty!

CIMG2997.jpg

Didn't know it was stuck in there until it was pointed out that I had a BB stuck in my lip, it started to sting after I knew it was there!!

Trip to A&E to get it unplugged from my face on advise from a Nurse at the site.

He worked atthe same A&E so I told them it was him who shot me! he he

Moral of this story is cover your face if your going to pop your head in windows and don't leave your flash bang at the spawn point with the rest of your kit!

• 1 month later...

I was helping out marshalling at the old Firefight Reading site a few years ago and ended up being a target dummy for a mates new toy (Digicon contender doing god knows what FPS).

The first few shots missed, so I though I'd give him a helping hand pointing out whereabouts the rounds were going, until he shot me in the nuts. It was a wee bit painful

Shot in the back and rear end from a KWA M4 upgraded to shoot 550FPS on auto from 10 meters away....it hurt so much It like knocked the wind out of me. I literally wanted to shove my M4 up that kids *albatross* and empty my highcap.

I'm not at all proud of this one, but the "Oooooohhhhhhh..." from everyone around me was funny, in a painful sort of way. The second game I played with my Winchester (shooting well over 400 with .30s), I was prone behind a tree stump popping noobs every time they looked over a wall outside my MED. After a couple of minutes, I had a beautiful shot lined up on a kid's vest. Just as I pulled the trigger, a guy approximately 75' away popped his head over a closer wall directly in line with my BB. It caught him square in the forehead (no hat or helmet). His head snapped back like he had been shot with a real gun and he fell backwards off the platform.

Awesome, but bad. But awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

three things that happened in one 25 minute game, the first as I was throwing a nade (i play cricket so I can chuck them quiet hard) at a trench and someone popped there head up from cover and the nade hit them square in the face and dropped in the bunker and took 4 kills with it. 5 minutes later running to the bunker shooting I fall over still with the trigger down and bb's going everywhere as I look up the marshal is holding his butt cheeks wincing. the last was then in the final few minutes thinking im safe hidden behind a bush the enemy 40meters away there was someone the other side of the bush, so when I was talking to a team mate he decided to open up through the bush with about 7 bbs hitting me in the same spot on the back of the neck

My most painful hit was oddly unexciting. Sniper shot me from a fair distance away, well outside his MED. The guns were chrono'd so I know it wasn't shooting hot. It hit me just on the inside of my upper right arm. I don't know why but it hurt a hell of a lot worse than any other hit I've ever had. To make matters worse I tried to raise the arm as I called "Ow! Hit!", but because it went a bit dead after the impact, I couldn't raise it fast enough and got 2 more shots from the spotter's AEG! Had a nice big welt on my arm for a week.

Also: Having now read about/seen photographic evidence of the pain caused by hits to the face, I'm really glad I always wear full face protection... :o

2 most painful I've seen/got were actually my last game.

I stuck my head around a corner and took a round right to the upper lip, which bloodied up right away and stayed puffy for a week. Shocked me so bad my eyes watered.

Second was actually my fault. I was using the RPK to hose down some guys sticking low in the bushs. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and turned to the left a bit to see. Unfortunatly my gun went with me and I auto'd my best friend who was 5 feet in front of me.... into the back of his head.

He....was not happy.

I shot a kid, who had gotta be skirting the age limit, in the forehead from about 20-25 yards away the other week and he started crying... I felt pretty bad :(

It was an accident though, my red dot had run out of batteries so it was an achievement to hit him at all without any sights.

I was with a couple of mates, down for their first airsoft a while back, it was CQB and very dark, one shot the other full auto in the back of the head by accident. He flipped out and threw about the Fs and Cs but he got over it :P

• 3 weeks later...

There have been so many on me. First I can vividly remember was at a real cap skirmish. The site owner joined in and was duel wielding a couple of sound suppressed SOCOM pistols. Didn't hear a thing, just felt a really stingy feeling on my leg as I was hit. There were another three other cries of "AHHH HIT!"

The most painful one I can remember though was at the last skirmish. About 5 or 10 BBs in the head (I wear a full face mask so that wasn't the painful bit) one of them hit me in the top of a rather cold ear. That stung like hell. Because it was so cold when I felt it to see if it was still there it felt like my finger had blood on it. It didn't but I was surprised.

Haha, thank god for my sordins, the number of times i could have been hit on a freezing cold ear!

I think the worst iv ever seen has to be a lad who got hit by a sniper and the bb hit him at such an angle that it ripped into the skin and got lodged...in his neck, obviously not far in but it must of stung!

Was playing cqb once, about to enter a room where there was a guy in it. I was down on one knee because a teammate of myne was firing into the room also. The guy off the other team ran into the opposite room and came out of the door behind me and about 2 feet away i got about 6-8 bbs from my hip all up my back :( Hurt like hell.

Or theres another time where i was at a sandbag wall and there was a tree stump behind me. Some guy came all the way up behind my team with a m4 stubby and box mag and emptyed a good few bbs right into the shoulder blade from about 5 feet away. Also hurt like hell :(

Two times, both CQB.

First time, a semi only game. A guy who plays there often has been eliminated (I don't know that, though, as the referee has yet to announce it, and I didn't actually see anyone yet). I suddenly see a flash of skin, well into the enemy's "territory". I bring up my G36C and reflexively triple tap the guy, before I realize he is actually running for the door. I immediately feel like an *albatross*, and even more so when I go back into the saferoom post-game and see the three bleeding welts on the top of his head. I still don't know how I managed to do that in the literal fifth of a second he was visible.

The second time, my team was getting destroyed at CQB, and I decided to go defensive for once. I backed into a corner. This was one of my first times CQBing, so naturally, I was kindof jumpy. I see a guy run over and take cover by a pipe on the opposite wall, maybe 25 feet away. I aim and lay down on the trigger, putting a burst into his leg. He crumpled against that wall.

The most painful thing I've seen but not directly caused or experienced was a guy who got shot with an illegal AEG (shot way, way higher than the 300 fps limit). He was left with a few bleeding welts.

That one might be better suited for the moments of stupidity :P

LOL, I'd posted that here and clicked back to the game section and saw the stupidity thread and thought, well, perhaps I should have posted there instead. But the story is out now anyway.

EDIT: Regular Guy, you from Japan?

LOL, I'd posted that here and clicked back to the game section and saw the stupidity thread and thought, well, perhaps I should have posted there instead. But the story is out now anyway.

EDIT: Regular Guy, you from Japan?

Nah, the low FPS limit is just because of the field's insurer's regulations. Doesn't seem high unless you get hit from a few feet.

Archived