Ics rumor confirmed!

Krazy L

They are still predominantly using AR15 variants based off the M16A1 line. The Tavor is issued to a few, but most are using AR15s and it isn't really being phased out of use with the standard grunts. Think about how the Australian Forces use the AUG, but some of their special forces use the Diemacos instead.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about Japan's Type 89? I remember an announcement of some sort, but is one ever being produced? That seems like a no-brainer for Marui.

The TAR-21 is high up on the list for me, personally, as I've always loved the design.

How about a Vektor? Something to go with the South African gear everyone in the UK seems to own.

Here is an update on the actual topic guys. I just got this email.

Hi Levi,

Thank you for the information. Also, I have checked up the website, www.airneairsoft.com.uk already.

It will not release before AK-74M.

Best regards,

Jeffrey

PS arnie should be fladderthat they went to his sight first. ;)

Cinder said: I wonder if the L85 will have a mod gearbox, maybe it would fit in the Famas........

and that the quality of the scope will be good, or it might be the scopeless version....

An L85 without a scope???

That's just....sick!

I imagine that it will be a relativley weak scope, but still functional ;)

EDIT: I wonder why my quote boxes aren't working, they never show the name :huh:

Must be deleting something I shouldn't be deleting...

No, an L85 without a scope works quite well, thanks. I Qualified Marksman with one when I was in the T.A. while taking my Range Management Course, mate :)

Also, it's a damn sight easier to grab one and pick it up in a hurry if there's a carrying handle, rather than a scope ;)

I dont, i prefer the SUSAT but then ive only used one when actually firing with an LSW on a range although i can still definitely see why people would prefer them.

Arent all marksmanship tests in the forces done with iron sights? Seems a bit unfair on the lads who dont use SUSATs lol :P

Also, it's a damn sight easier to grab one and pick it up in a hurry if there's a carrying handle, rather than a scope

Well that pistol grip makes an excellent thing to hold it by :P

If i do that i get Skill at arms instructors all whiney saying "it may be called a carry handle but its NOT for carrying" :rolleyes:

I dont, i prefer the SUSAT but then ive only used one when actually firing with an LSW on a range although i can still definitely see why people would prefer them.

I've used both, mate. I was on the Company Shooting team :)

Arent all marksmanship tests in the forces done with iron sights? Seems a bit unfair on the lads who dont use SUSATs lol  :P

There were, when I was in, two sets of standards: With SUSAT, and Without. I got it Without :)

Well that pistol grip makes an excellent thing to hold it by  :P

heh. try using that when it's hising down, you're dog tired, and the grip is slippery :) Carry Handle all the way, mate :D

True, the SUSAT is damned handy in getting rounds on target at longer ranges, but you do have to know how to shoot as well, at the end of the day.

If i do that i get Skill at arms instructors all whiney saying "it may be called a carry handle but its NOT for carrying"  :rolleyes:

LOL

heh. try using that when it's hising down, you're dog tired, and the grip is slippery  Carry Handle all the way, mate

True, the SUSAT is damned handy in getting rounds on target at longer ranges, but you do have to know how to shoot as well, at the end of the day.

That is of course very true but still "Well dont lube your pistol grip then" ;) By the way if the pistol grip is slippy i find holding it semi by the front handguard and semi by the trigger guard works well (long as you have big hands)

Well of course you have to know how to shoot, if you cant shoot the SUSAT will just make you 4x worse.

The qualification was SA(B)90 (Range Management Officer).

I was a T.A. Range Officer. A mandatory part of the course trained us to be Shooting Coaches (as assistants to the SAA instructors), but we ran the ranges :)

SAA Instructors are qualified through a completely different course run through the Small Arms Service Corps at Warminster.

Woah SAB lol scary. I only know of one personally in our wing (air cadet). My thing is if i do do the forces when i get bored of jumping in ###### i want to be a skill at arms instructor or weapons officer depending on what route i go.

So was SAB90 a primary trade or is that a qualification you have in addition to what you did? (you were TARMP werent you?)

Woah SAB lol scary. I only know of one personally in our wing (air cadet). My thing is if i do do the forces when i get bored of jumping in ###### i want to be a skill at arms instructor or weapons officer depending on what route i go.

So was SAB90 a primary trade or is that a qualification you have in addition to what you did? (you were TARMP werent you?)

SA(B)90 was a qualification, NOT a trade. My 'trade' was Military Poilce :)

Just to get the thread back on topic [*ahem*]

It would be much better if the ICS L85 came out with with both versions, iron and SUSAT. If you think about it, the SUSAT would be a 4x ish scope - impractical for UK ranges IMHO. the Irons would be far more effective!

*Ahem* indeed, lol :) yep, on sights, if the scope has 1.5x (similar to the AUG Military from TM) then yeah, that WOULD be useful. Anything higher in magnfication'd really be very limited in usefulness :)

It would be nice to have a replica SUSAT, but if it only had 1x magnification, or maybe a red dot, not very realsitic but more practical for airsoft. I hope they can fit a large battery in as well

If i had a SUSAT replica i think id still personally have it 4x just because...its cool even if it is airsoft, its useful for spotting as well. and there are back up sights on top anyway so how bad can it be? i mean its an advanced infantry scope so its cool

They should come with iron sights by default then they could sell a SUSAT as an addon extra (more money for them) they could do the same with an LSW conversion

I think this would be the sensible and cheap way to go.

If i had a SUSAT replica i think id still personally have it 4x just because...its cool even if it is airsoft, its useful for spotting as well. and there are back up sights on top anyway so how bad can it be? i mean its an advanced infantry scope so its cool

I could quiet see it like the eclane (2.5x) I use in woodland, I find the scope very effective for the purposful shots at range, plus the bonus of using it for spotting while a red dot may be quicker and more effective at short ranges.

I belive a barbones L85 would be the way togo at first, then release upgrades for the L86, SUSAT, and Grenade Launcher, as this wopuld limit initial R&D time, while aloowing for expansion of the series over time.

• 1 month later...

Archived