10 year olds convicted of rape?

aznriptide859

Are there parents out there that let their kids watch Hollyoaks, etc.?

Most likely yes. Parents even let their kids watch 18 rated movies and player 18 rated games. I'm suprised you don't think this happens.

I suppose it's not like you can watch them 100% of the time. They have Sky TV, and the internet. Parental controls can only do so much.

How many kids don't have a TV in their bedroom these days?

Even when I was a kid, back in the stone age, I had a B&W portable TV in my room and I quickly mastered the art of draping a blanket over it on a Saturday night so I could watch OTT and Confessions of a Window Cleaner.

Where I live we get relatively few channels on freeview and I was genuinely quite shocked recently, when I spent some time in Blackpool, to see how many dodgy "phone sex" TV channels they have on freeview down there.

One, in particular, allowed you to phone up (£2.50 per call and all that) and vote for a sex scene which would then play in a tiny window in the corner of the screen.

There were also plenty of oiled-up slappers rolling around on beds inviting people to phone up and talk dirty to them.

There's plenty of stuff out there to be found if you know where to look... and, let's face it, most kids do know where to look.

"Hmmm, I wanna try out sex so I'm gonna grab a foxy 8 year old and get jiggy"

I know it's a bit childish and all, and also away from the subject at hand, but just to clarify - I'd end up being megabanned if i sigged that right?

I'll let you guys get on with the serious discussions now.

I think overall, it comes down to how the kids were brought up - There's an awful lot of single parent families, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but often can be.

Did anybody see the artist's impression of the trial/defendants in the papers? Fair enough, it was only a sketch and you can't say much from that alone, but the sketch showed 2 single women, no fathers present, and the kids in hoodies and baseball caps. Not only that, one mother was illustrated with a whopping cleavage hanging out.

Again, all based on a sketch and i may be stereotyping a tad here, but a young single mother who takes her kid to a serious court case dressed up like she's on the pull doesn't really suggest fantastic family upbringing to me. I think it's another classic case of poor family upbringing, possibly influenced by childhood curiosity. Everyone can suggest theories all they like, but however you look at it, it doesn't seem like good news to see such a case occuring.

Bad taste sigs aside - kids are naturally curious, it's how they learn. If that's combined with too much freedom, bad parenting or exposure to material that isn't fit for their age then yer, that's how things like this happen.

Bingo.

How old was that little Alfie? scrote that didnt actually father some teenage girl's kid?

In addition, nice article about a single mum who admitted to a national paper that shes had 3 kids by different dads and wants to have more, purely to increase the benefits payments she gets ( £20k currently ). Surely people like that who openly are just baby makers with no real interest in raising good kids should be sterilized? Or if that sounds to much like something Hitler would do ( :unsure: ), then what about supsending or capping their benefits so that more kids doesnt equal more money > no incentive to get preggers at 13 & land a free council house and most of yer bills paid....

Sterilisation is a little extreme but I'd still embrace it for scum like that.

What's needed is a welfare system which will give a limited benefit for the first child, none at all for the second and increasing penalties for the third and subsequent.

If you can't afford children... DON'T HAVE KIDS!

I think the most important thing here is to remember two things.

who cares?

and

who cares?

Technically only one thing but such an important one I thought I'd mention it twice.

worse things happen all the time

bad things happen to good people

good things happen to bad people

children's lives are destroyed at the moment of birth due only to the trick of fate that decided their parents.

You can say all you want about the decline of society and the collapse of the family but even the most horrifically deprived children in Britain should thank the stars they weren't worn in 1990 in Rwanda.

The difference an individual can make to these things is vanishingly small so the only thing you can do is try your best to avoid being evil and mind your own business.

If you don't care, why post? Seems a bit ironic that the very point you want to put across is the very thing you have no interest with/in? Or have I missed something here, maybe its just my view on "who cares" comments getting the better of me. As in, if I don't care, I tend not to bother, as, I don't care.

I don't think it is ironic, I don't care about most people but I do care about the dynamic of social interaction.

Sharing opinions spreads understanding and tolerance.

I feel strongly that my opinion (that I don't care) is just as valid the opinion of those people who do care.

I further believe that my reaction is much more realistic than the "burn/stab them all" and "lock them up forever, killing's too good for them".

Also, and this is just a personal thing, I have to say that bleeding hearts do-good types make me feel uncomfortable.

Possibly because I can't predict their actions because I have no frame of reference.

In many ways similar to my strong distrust of vegetarians.

I to, do not trust vegitarians. As in, they are not vegans. They do not stand for not killing animals. They eat chicken and fish, mother humpers. So what is the point, some kind of, I don't like red meat society?

Sorry to agree with you again, but I don't trust people who are quick to make a judgement and stick to said judgement. I preffer people who can realise that they acted in haist and as such, should review thier original stance. As in, a chase like this can be so easily mis-read.

I to, do not trust vegitarians. As in, they are not vegans. They do not stand for not killing animals. They eat chicken and fish, mother humpers. So what is the point, some kind of, I don't like red meat society?

Vegitarians don't eat chicken and fish. For future reference:

Vegitarians: Don't eat meat but will eat eggs and wear leather shoes.

Vegans: Don't eat or use any animal products.

People that claim to be vegitarian but eat some meats are not actually vegitarians.

Is it like an exclusive club?

I like eating meat. I can't help it. Ham is my favourite, but gammon and bacon are close runners up. Bascially, anything off a pig.

A bit more on-topic, if only they could develop some type of abortion you could carry out after the child had actually been born?

You know, something that would end their life humanely at any point in their life when their behaviour went against commonly accepted moral boundaries and laws, which is probably more than they deserve, and do everyone else a favour... Perhaps some kind of explosive lead delivery system, that hurls a small piece of metal at awesome velocities at whatever we want? Then we just set it up so that it is aimed at the persons head, and then we just...

Oh wait... :unsure:

:lol:

Ben.

Is it like an exclusive club?

I like eating meat. I can't help it. Ham is my favourite, but gammon and bacon are close runners up. Bascially, anything off a pig.

Not really, it's a descriptive term for a voluntary choice. :P

I would never become exclusively vegitarian either. Meat FTW.

I am never sure if a person is joking but the idea of punishing someone for being outside the social norm is repulsive to me (pork fan or not).

I and indeed everybody on arnie's would be in line for receipt of said punishments.

My political beliefs are twofold.

1 I don't vote, why waste time choosing between two groups of amoral clown shoes?

2 I would vote for a radical liberal society led by a super intelligent robot ninja dictator.

Let anybody do anything they damn well please right up to the point where it harms somebody who hasn't given express consent (not consent by omission) to be harmed.

Those who cause harm are rounded up by civil servant ninjas and given the most horrifically abusive, cruel and painful punishment followed by intensive rehabilitation and retraining and then moved to a new area for reintegration.

Carrot and stick

Carrot and stick

The very basis on healthy children education :)

But I think that being parents the most accountable persons for their children errors, I too think children should be properly punished for such errors without any possibility of being excused. So people will try to parent their children properly and children will think twice before making any "mistake".

But this idea seems

"Those who cause harm are rounded up by civil servant ninjas and given the most horrifically abusive, cruel and painful punishment followed by intensive rehabilitation and retraining and then moved to a new area for reintegration."
Best one ever!

That would work well.

Though it would work a lot better if parents realised certain things. Like, if you bite someone, that is generally, not very nice at all.

Edit:- Spam is fit, just though IO'd throw that in there. It maybe be effected by the fact am watching NHL.

Archived