Street tactical pants

Cosmitz

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of talking with a friend that owns a tailoring shop that is based around making military-grade equipment to order myself a pair of what i'm calling 'street tactical pants'. These would be pants made in a normal cotton/polyester mix or maybe even twill, for starters in black or OD, that would have the surface filled 90% with MOLLE. :D

I'm a usual packrat that unless he leaves home with half of the house and the knob on the kitchen sink, he doesn't think he's 'prepared'/ready for the outside world. Any kind of bag just makes it annoying to lug around so that's why i am a big fan of cargo pants... but scrunching through 5 items in a pocket can get annoying; thus my idea. How about if i had an admin pouch here.. or an accessory pouch here, and a small medic pouch here.. you get the point.

Now, i'm just wandering if there are other people interested in this kind of product. He can do a limited amount of different materials or different camouflages, just depends if has them at that point in time. Also, i can have the MOLLE put only on normal 'pocket' areas if that's a better alternative to the 90% version.

What would you be interested in buying? Or would you be interested in buying it at all? Just want to know if it's worth it to make a more stable deal with my friend for multiple items. It would be a simple 'i get the money, i make the order, i wait for it to be made, i send the item out' kind of deal.

Also, if you have any wacky ideas that you want to share.. please do. :)

That's the beauty of a modular system.. Yardwork pants to street pants in a couple of snaps and a few pulls. :)

And why not, in the end, you can use them in games where you just want go light. A few mags and a radio and you're set.

Surely 90% coverage is a little over the top?

Wouldn't something like THIS be better, seeing as they have a couple of rows of subdued MOLLE at the back yet still look like normal trousers. Also if you do put a couple of pouches on, unless the pants are skin tight the poiches will move and wobble everywhere when walking etc.

90% was a rough estimate, not that i want to put MOLLE in places where ... well.. where i wouldn't want MOLLE. :P As for the fit, at key points inside the pants there will be velcro straps to fit it better to your leg. Similar to what we see in combat pants these days. I don't care much for 'slack'-y dressing, so i'll try to make sure to minimize any counter-productive equipment wobbles.

So Molle pouches mounted on my legs, ok.

So I'm walking through town on an average day, I need to find something and now I have to remember which pouch it's in rather than what pocket, nah just makes it far too complicated for me.

I've got a grab bag with me normally and everything goes in there just fine.

Plus when I was walking with EG double M4 mags mounted on my thighs, they're going to rub and chaffe, or the threading to attach the Molle webbing onto the trousers will.

Either way I do like the idea, but I think the practicallity of it is off.

However saying that, I did put a frag pouch on my belt last week for the dog's ball when I took him for a walk.

The look my girlfriend gave me when I got back in made me realise there is only so far you can take Tactical.

i think 90% molle is a bit over the top....makes me think of a zebra tongue.gif

but i do like NeoVeNoM's idea, it would be cool as long as there is some kind of retention device for the molle panels on the pants such as adjustable elastic bands to tighten the panel when in use so the pouches dont move around. (exactly like a normal thigh molle platform with the strap on the inside and the panel built in to the pants)

Surely 90% coverage is a little over the top?

Wouldn't something like THIS be better, seeing as they have a couple of rows of subdued MOLLE at the back yet still look like normal trousers.

I've got a pair of those, brilliant they are too... mind you they were free so that always makes stuff better :)

Cant say i've ever needed the molle bit on them to be honest.. the carrying capacity is massive, well thought out and secure anyway.

Archived