TM AK47 to Saiga

Gumball

I thought in the future... use it for a year, and if it has some scratch-need to repaint, etc... add that 150$ to make it totally authentic.

If funds allow then yes, ill do it. It wouldnt be hard to do it aswell and i could use the body im using now. I think id buy a real steel svd buttstock if i was to ever do that too.

As far as update go, i just spray painted and polyurithaned the stock. Waiting for it to dry to sand it and do a final coat of satin black spray paint. Does anyone know where i can purchase an SVD cheek rest?

Update:

Had some free time so i did some minor work.

Securing the Front handgaurd to the barrel

In order for the front end to be a secure as possible, i wanted to secure the front grip the barrel since only having the tab that sits inside the reciever wont be secure enough. If i was to leave it like that and place any weight on the end(ie harris bipod) then im sure itll cause stress on the plastic and cause it to break. I ordered a Harris #2 bipod flange nut off ebay for the fix.

HB2R.jpg

I then secured the plate on the barrel by 2 black zipties. I thought of maybe using some jb weld but it may get a bit messy...and i felt a bit lazy when i was doing it lol.

331lkcj.jpg

Once that was done i put everything together and it all fit snug like a bug in a rug. No wobbles, creaks or any of that mumbo jumbo. I then placed my freshly painted buttstock onto the rifle. To get a rough image of how the rifle will look i stole a dust cover from one of my other rifles.

nx8knn.jpg

Now im just waiting on that darn dust cover i ordered. The guy i bought it off of shipped it wednesday so it should be here by monday or tuesday. Right now i have the receiver as glossy black and i was a little surprised of how good it looked. Question time....should i keep it glossy or should i stay with the satin black that i painted all the other parts of the rifle?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very , very, very nice build

Dont take this as criticism but am i the only one who can imagine it with as lightly longer barrel?

Anyway, very tidy very nice LOVE It :)

thank you sir! Ive also been flirting with that idea myself lol, wouldnt be too hard to do either. Ive put this project on hold(still need to fix the GB and cut some space out for a battery) until school settles down, once thats done i plan on fixing any other minor issues and a longer internal and external barrel may be on that list. would anyone happen to know how long an RPK outter + inner barrel is?

Archived