The "billy" gun! Masterkey madness!

Crazy_Harry

cheers for that waco, I recokon we're good to go with the project- just been PMed by led, who's offering his very gratefully received help, and an email has just been flung in the general direction of andairsoft.com to confirm the sale of the m15a2 once it gets to them :)

A great start to a monday!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cheers for that waco, I recokon we're good to go with the project- just been PMed by led, who's offering his very gratefully received help, and an email has just been flung in the general direction of andairsoft.com to confirm the sale of the m15a2 once it gets to them :)

A great start to a monday!

Awesome!

Nothing like ordering a gun to put you in a good mood ;)

*off to surf some retailers*

disaster!

according to jeremy at andairsoft, a2s are starting to get as tricky to find as intelligent, informed and honest politicians!

they've got a shipment arriving from Spartan sometim next week, but no guarantees that the A2 will be in there...

blast, and I have the money all set up, and a possible skirmish to go to in a fortnight...

ok, I'm loathe to do this (andairsoft are a great company, afterall) but needs must... I shall investigate the other retailers and see if any of them have any a2s lying around that they fancy sending over my way...

I hate it when a plan doesn't come together :(

blast.

definately having a spot of bother finding an a2 rifle in stock plenty of places claim to have them, until you phone them up, of course...

and I efuse point blank to buy an a3/a4. can't stand those removeable carry handles, they just look wrong...

wonder if I can make a masterkey using an AK...

Dammit all, the curse of the Clan McHarry has come into play again... I had precisely this problem when I finally decided to buy a g3a3, a sig550, and an XM177ex- as soon as the decision was made, the damn things dried up.

I should really just get an AK and be done with it, I suppose...another dream cruelly squished :(

although...now I look at it, I wonder how sexeh an m500 would be mounted to an ak? woulnd't be hard to do, given how tough the AK is...

and everyone knows an AK and a shotgun are the ultimate cack-your-pants combo :)

thanks for that led, I am feeling regalvanised now!

just spotted your buddy's store in your sig...ooh, he has them in for $325...plus shipping, thats $30 more than I'd be paying at andairsoft...

bugger bugger bugger, I'll have to spend the morning phoning round a bit, I can see...

As far as he goes, confirm he has it in stock, and you should be good to go.

Den trinity has them in for $286 plus shipping

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_list.jsp?cid=AEG&bid=CLA

They have never failed me yet.

Unco has them $286 (less 3% for paypal)

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproduct.asp?subcatid=9

My experience with both of them has been flawless.

Un (Den I've not been too impressed with their aftersales...) are yet to let me down, but I'm refusing to pay $286 plus shipping, plus the possibility of a customs charge for something I can get in the US for cheaper...

hmm, I've emailed jez at andairsoft, the a4s are starting to grow on me (I can pimp it into a sniper while I wait for the loot to buy the mozzy, I suppose... and as my back up aeg at some point wil be a ca m15a2 carbine, I suppose I can swap the upper receivers around depneding on what look I'm going for...)

If I was buying TM stuff, I'd not care who I got it off, but with CA...even though they've dramatically improved their stuff, I reckon they still produce the occasional lemon, so I'd prefer (though its by no means set in stone) to use a local shop for my first stateside aeg purchase...

however, I'll email your pal and see what he has to say- them and hotspotairsoft, who unfortunately seem only to answer phones on thursdays and fridays...

edit: got through to hotspot: a2s are proving trickier to get hold of than a lard-covered lapdancer at a convention of butter manufacturers.

just your mate in NY to try now...

ok, email sent off to him.

now, all I can do is sit back and wait- if jeremy gets back to me with a deal on the a4, I reckon I'll go with that- not my ideal aeg, but not the end of the universe :)

The HarryCannon is back on its feet, albeit a little wobbly and more punch-drunk than punchy :D

Update: ok, andairsoft are doing me a reasonable little deal on the m15a4, so thats what I'm getting- argh, I'm finally joining the numpty-boy delta fanboy ranks! catastrophe!

ah whatever :)

so- as soon as jeremy emails me back with an ETA on their next delivery, I'll be a happy chappy with the makings of the tentative beginnings of the HarryCannon!

Led, fire up that hacksaw! :)

further update- just been emailed by jeremy- should know sometime either end of this week or sometime early next.

gives me time to brace m visacard for serious kicking :)

ok, this is so cool, it justifies a whole new post-

having despaired at finding an m15a2 rifle in the US, due, apparently, to CA and spartan only shipping in the a4s because of th ea2s unpopularity here (typical bloody Clan McHarry syndrome- back the losers, even unto death), I decided my last best hope rested with the very fact that A2s are unpopular...

so I posted on neasg asking if their were any a2 owners wanting to switch to an a4 upper receiver.

A long shot, you might think- well, I did too, but wait, whats this...?

someone has one, the last a2 to arrive in new england before unpopularity killed them like the dinosaurs in fact, and he might be interested in a straight swap!

RESULT!!!

nothing confirmed yet, but I shall keep you posted!

the A2 masterkey dream lurches back into the ring, ready for another pasting.

hands up who wants to bet on the m500 going out of production tomorrow? :)

lol.

WGC just added marushin pump rails for the m500 to the "new items" page.

So if marushin is discontinuing it, at least they started making spare parts. The only other marushin spare parts I can find are the fill valve and the bleed off valve :(

(not that I need any of those things, but I like to know if I break something, I can buy a replacement).

and as of now, it looks like there are quite a few stores with the m500 full stock model...

edit: btw, I knew the masterkey project couldn't die. It's just too cool ;)

The curse of the McHarrys strikes again!!

the chap who offered the a2 receiver still hasn't called, chances are he wants to keep it for himself :(

and in an even crueler twist of fate, a 6mm woodstock mossberg came up on the boards, but the guy selling it only takes paypal payments from non-credit or debit card sources.

just in the week that HOmeland Insecurity have blown our savings out of the water with another bloody form to fill in and pay for.

curse you, cruel fate.

Right, thats it, my beloved g34 is going up for sale.

yeah. I saw that 6mm 500 w/ the wood.

Just blew the asking price on some nice OD tac gear and a few bits and such :(

Oh well, I guess I really don't need *4* shotguns ;)

CH, chin up. The rifle will turn up...or maybe a sudden windfall or that seller of the 500 will decide to turn on the cc payments...

that'd be great gene- this is what I was planning on once my bank account starts to look a little less fragile (bloody "land of opportunity" my *albartroth*- yeah, the opportunity to get shafted by those bar stewards at homeland Insecurity- $400 to process a permanent residency form, plus $175 for a work permit (the second one- last one we filed got refused because it took them so long to pullt ehir stinky brown fingers out of their arses, my time to apply had expired- 4months to process a form!? thats just criminal), $185 for an affidavit of support (another one- we filed one before we came here, another $150), and $180 for my wife to file a seperate form proving she's married to me. Information which I have already provided in the permanent residency form- and you wonder why people work here illegally? hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)

anyway. *pauses to straighten tie and take a sip of water* yes, that'd be great gene, pm me your supplier,and i shall have a word with them regarding getting an a2 upper!

in-cray-eeb-lay!

airsplat.com are doing some pretty impressive deals right now on classic army stuff- m15a4 rifle for 290 + free shipping!

local loyalties aside, I ain't ever going to be rich enough to turn that sort of deal down- sorry andairsoft, airsplat just filched a customer off you :(

wheres me credit card...

glad I waited a day- was all set to order off uncompany last nite in a fit of desperation :)

ok chaps, listen up

*pauses to stroke bushy moustache and swish swagger stick about*

now, as many of you know, my all time favourite custom gun has been this one, as used by el billio in the movie "predator"

billym16.jpg

And for many a long year, I've contemplated building it. I've had the el cheapo version (Tm m16a2 with the dong san ithaca masterkey) which was fun to look at, but a bit naff, all things considered.

I've owned numerous shotguns, from tm, to dong san, to maruzen shell ejectors, trying to find the perfect shotgun for a masterkey project.

But I have decided that only one can possibly fill the boots- a marushin m500 mossberg. I figure this version (probably the pistol grip version, to ensure the stock can be easily removed with little inside it), attached to a CA m15a2, would be the bomb.

Reasons:

pros: its gas tank is in the main receiver, NOT the stock, as with the maruzen, meaning I don't have to fart about with external gas tanks in the m15 foregrip or in readimags.

its not shell-ejecting, meaning I don't have to have a shell-catcher attached.

its the one billy uses

cons: its not a shell ejector, thus losing it a few coolness points, but who cares!!

gas tank is in the receiver, meaning room for drilling holes might be limited...

Now, what I need from you chaps, as I've decided an airsoft purchase is to be made soon, and its going to be either the m15a2 or the mossberg, is advice on how to attach the two together-

I'm currently thinking a metal strip, with holes drilled into it, inside the m15 foregrip with screws running into the mossbergs body. From there, I'd loop tow strips of metal round the m15 barrel and attach them to the main metal strip.

Primary concern is the barrel bending under the weight...hmm...

so: suggestions, comments, offers of machine shops all appreciated!

let the visa-bashing commence!

DO NOT use the M15a2! The metal is horrible quality (from what ive heard) And it has a fair amount of bugs. The M15a4 Is yourbest choice i have one and ive held it by the barrel and nothing has happened.

BTW the reAL MASTERKEY IS ON A M4A1

w

t

f?

ok, lets explode a myth about the a2- the m15a2 is EXACTLY the same as the m15a4, just without a removeable carry handle. I think you're thinking of the older version m16a2 that Clasic army USED to make, but no longer produce.

therefore, the metal on the m15a2 (note the 5, rather than a 6?) is NOT horrible quality, and anything you can do to an m15a4 you can do to an m15a2. Apart from remove the carry handle, obviously.

finally, as you'll note from that very post that you're quoting, I'm basing this project on a *all together now* MOVIE GUN.

I'm well aware that the masterkey occasionally used in real-life is normally associated with the m4a1, but as I couldn't give a flying .... at a rolling doughnut about real-steel, and the fact that everyone knows carbines are for big girls blouses, I shall get a rifle.

ok? all sorted?

good...

"July's Specials: Happy July 4th: Free shipping - orders over $150 receive FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING! Handling fee still applicable. COUPON CODE REQUIRED: FREESHIPPING*"...

guns and stuff...

..." * Coupon Codes cannot be combined Kent, (Air Splat)" :waggle: There you go. :(

DO NOT use the M15a2! The metal is horrible quality (from what ive heard) And it has a fair amount of bugs. The M15a4 Is yourbest choice i have one and ive held it by the barrel and nothing has happened.

BTW the reAL MASTERKEY IS ON A M4A1

Dude, DO NOT shout when the fact you are trying to bring forward is something you've heard. DO NOT be stupid.

I dunno, some people...

anyhoo, my little investigation, with the help of elrey (and none from airsplat as of yet), confirms that, despite the fact that they have ALWAYS offered their CA stuff with free shipping (I've been checking the prices of CA stuff a lot recently, and airsplat have been a serious contender cos of the free shipping deal), they've decided that the free shipping thing doesn't work with the $25 off thing.

meaning its really only $13 off.

not an awful price still, but given andairsoft are offering me an m15a4, battery, charger and free shipping for $350, as opposed to the same for (swift calculation)...

about the same, actually...less $14.07...

hmm. $338.99...not much in it really, and I should really be supporting my local airsoft stores...

ok, I'll give andairsoft a day or so to reply to my email- if they've got a rifle with their delivery, great, if not, then I'll ask them to start a hunt for an m15a2 and put the masterkey project on hold until they find one.

and if so, in the meantime I shall buy an ICS/elite mp5a5, so I can play at "die hard" :)

Archived