The "billy" gun! Masterkey madness!

Crazy_Harry

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no worries- I'd read similar reports of the a2 before, and couldn't for the life of me work out why CA would make the a4 top-banana, but the a2 rubbish?

turns out they didn't, just everyone getting confused with the old CA m16, which definately wasn't on a par with the recent stuff!

I had thought of using the G&G, but I reckon I'm going to wait a while for their QC to get itself up to speed- according to Andairsoft, the G&G m16s they had in were, and I quote "garbage".

now, admittedly, Andairsoft are a little overzealous in their desire to upgrade ever aeg they see to the max (I like to think of it as one of their amusing little traits :) ), and judge manufacturers AEGs accordingly (and fair enough- they don't want to be flogging stuff to their customers thats going to fry after one skirmish- makes them look bad and costs them a ton of cash to fix), but if they say something shouldn't be touched with someone else's bargepole, then who am I to say otherwise?

Now, I'm not saying G&G stuff at this exact moment in history is rubbish internally, but I'm going to give them another couple of months before I sink any large amounts of wonga into one of their AEGs.

If I was in the UK, where upgrading isn't a big deal, then its quite possible I'd consider it, but in New England? not until they've had their act together for a month or three :)

Just curious Harry, it's now... Day 54 of this project, and I was wondering what exactly you've done so far? That's to say, how near completion are you?

No offense to C_H, but it sounds like he doesn't even have an M16A2 replica yet as a project base.. I believe he tried to purhcase a Marushin M500, but somehting about his green card(?) kept him from doing so.

right on one count, half right on the other.

The project began a while back, when I finally got the money together for an m15a2 rifle and mossberg.

since then, neither have been purchased, due to a comedy of errors involving a cocked up shipment from Spartan to my local airsoft shop, and the bloody US department of Homeland Insecurity blowing my readies out of the water by demanding $400 in cash off us to process my permanent resident card.

Hence, not much has been done EXCEPT...

for the fact that the mossberg was purchased by a friend, whos going to hold onto it for a bit and then sell it on to me when he's done comparing it to his other shotguns, so thats that angle dealt with.

The m15a4 is currently on a boat on the sea bobbing about towards port- hopefully should have reached dry land sometime next week.

but then, they said that last week too.

I COULD order the m15 off another company- airsplats deals are looking very attractive, but I like to support my local shops, so I'm going to wait for the shipment to arrive- if the rifle isn't in there, then I'll order off airsplat or embark on another project altogether, and put the masterkey on the backburner.

but its all rather dependent on Spartan right now, so its going to be a while yet before anything concrete can be done.

until then, its just all discussion and theory.

UPDATE:

just been emailed by jeremy, the rifle should be turning up sometime next monday, so the long wait may nearly be over!

just in time for me to change my mind entirely and start wanting to go for a civcon look... ah airsoft, you're a git, ain't ya?

Archived