1-5 rds burst kit for AEG

Isamu

Didn't Pro Arms (think another, similarly named company also did something similar) years ago?

Given there are more complete MOSFET options out there (Trigger Master for example)the only appeal I can see in this unit is simple way of adding burst functions - which to be fair if I had a suitably marked gun (ie burst instead of auto) that I wanted to add a bit of realism to while keeping stock I'd probably pick one of these up.

DOnt know, im not very into the mosfet world, but as you said, its an easy and clean way to add a "mosfet" to an aeg without getting our hands dirty. For me and my eternal DMR project is a good way to make the gun "semionly" without modifications and with the capability of going back to normal quick and easy.

Other use is that I can make controlled bursts easily with my main M4 in fields where are permited although I dont think theres such M4 in reality :lol:

There is a discussion about this on zero in , Its not really a mosfet either because a mosfet has a , Base/gate , Collector and emitter.

This mearly like a dimmer switch for a AEG but alot smaller / Or like a scalextric remote control.

But less of that here is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwkyaymJ_Kg

There is a discussion about this on zero in , Its not really a mosfet either because a mosfet has a , Base/gate , Collector and emitter.

This mearly like a dimmer switch for a AEG but alot smaller / Or like a scalextric remote control.

But less of that here is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwkyaymJ_Kg

Thanks, theres a review about it too, bad thing is its a bit big for a front rail... biggrin.gif but I can live with it . Could you please direct me to that discussion? this item seems pretty interesting :)

DARKMM: thanks for the input

It has a "Soft start" feature.. we tried this locally on a few home done mosfet builds with timed gates.. it works but your trigger responce on semi goes up the wazoo in a bad way..

Basically it lowers the current across the contacts to a low enough point to prevent arcing, once a connection is made the mosfet picks up the circuit complete and dumps full power.. the time difference between pulling the trigger and full power dump is only a matter of milliseconds, but add that to motor spin-up time, etc, its noticeable..

So, unlike a mosfet, which improves ROF and Trigger response, this thing lowers the trigger response? thats a huge letdown for me... =(

Had a look at the zerone topic and they talk about a V2 model with rof adjutability and less noticeable trigger delay... is there a link abailable? thanks :)

I've been discussing this thing with Psy (AWS), and we laughed so hard at the testimonial stating that this "MOSFET works better than EF MOSFET's"...I'm sure Gandolf is gonna roflmao on that one.

First, the thing only has 80A protection - measly compared to even AWS's MicroFET offering (200A lowest, while EF's boards are all rated at 300-400A). I'm not saying 80A isn't enough, but if such a situation pops up, the burst unit could be fried.

Secondly, Psy told me that it uses a delay-trigger system. A signal is first sent through the wires to detect whether or not the trigger is being pressed - if it is, then the full amount of current goes through, which makes the gun fire. From what Psy told me this doesn't prevent trigger arcing when the trigger is released.

After reading about the original V2 and customer feedback, I think this is still a VERY valid option for a lot of people, even if it is "technically" inferior to other "mosfet brands".

Different approaches, different market niches :) no need to "laugh hard".

This looks similar to the "airtronics" (?) burst unit I got lying around here somewhere.

I think the only thing it really does, is cut the power from the battery after a certain amount of time (adjustable by the screw thingy on the side).

You really cant expect it to do the same as a normal 'FET, that needs modification of the wiring :)

• 2 weeks later...

For the price and the easy swappability between guns I've ordered one....worst comes to the worst it gets dropped in the bits box and ignored.

As I run standard 8.4v NiMh and am patently not interested in this ultra-trigger response/horror ROF thing that's the 'upgrade du jour' it'll do me....

Infinity' timestamp='1288993742' post='2391532']This looks similar to the "airtronics" (?) burst unit

Indeed it does. I tried one of those about three years ago and could never get it to fire three complete shots - it really wanted to do four or more. Hopefully this one is an improvement.

just ordered one , like demoncase i"m not interested in superduper fast response or "magazine emptying" rates of fire (seeing as i only run low and mids) so for me if i can achieve a consistant 3 round burst i"m a happy chap :D and if not , i"m sure theres some one out there that"ll take it of my hands ;)

Archived