Army EBB M4

Gaffa

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just thought i would update you guys as ive done some tests with 11.v lipo.

Although 7.4 lipo is good enough i though i would od it anyway.

I use a cpu controlled mosfet to control the motor speed and ive lowered it by 20% this seems the sweet spot for rof without jams

Only a short video and yes ive not made the bed :)

Ill do another one later when ive fitted the pads to the piston and cylinder head which should give it a nice sound . for this ill try and record the sound not on the crapp cam i have :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVpcG-rPwoc

Hey Ninja, only just got around to firing mine outside to a point where I can see how well the BB's fly and noticed my hop doesn't make one bit of difference on or off. Took apart and had a look down the barrel and sure enough no change unless I add pressure manually to the top of the hop up with my finger,

Just wondered if you have the same with yours before you changed the unit out?

Hey Ninja, only just got around to firing mine outside to a point where I can see how well the BB's fly and noticed my hop doesn't make one bit of difference on or off. Took apart and had a look down the barrel and sure enough no change unless I add pressure manually to the top of the hop up with my finger,

Just wondered if you have the same with yours before you changed the unit out?

They dont put a nubbin in the hopup . so you need to buy a new rubber that includes the little nubbin to go under the black arm that pushes down on the hopup rubber.

Promoethius rubbers come with it and also madbull shark .

But you can cut a bit of wire and pull out the inners so you just have the sleeve and slip that in it place .

I think a bit of awg 16 will be a good size for it if you dont want to buy a new hopup with nubbing

138100.jpg

Maybe they do want the bolt stop but.....

It does not work with hi-caps in tm or army version. so unless you play with low-caps all teh time its a wasted feature.

Well I already have 9 TM standard mags for the SOPMOD, I was just hoping to be able to get a cheaper base for my next project. But if it is missing the boltstop I will save up for a second TM.

Well I already have 9 TM standard mags for the SOPMOD, I was just hoping to be able to get a cheaper base for my next project. But if it is missing the boltstop I will save up for a second TM.

if you want cheap . you can still buy the r43 and buy the bolt stop parts . im not sure if it can be got yet on its own. but if not if deffo comes with a complete gear box from tm.

which buying them two will be alot cheaper then buying a tm sopmod new.

Speak to rich from Eagle6 he can get the parts for you either way.

Mines in desperate need for a strip down, be nice to see what the gearbox is like to work with. Much easier I'm guessing since you don't have the tension of the spring to contend with when putting the case back together, no more anti-reverse latch or trigger popping out :-)

hey ninja any news on your annoucement?

Used my R43 for the first time in a skirmish the other day. Put my modified tremors weight in and performed perfectly, the gears were running stock. The only issue I had were that when I got the gun it was firing at 345, I decided to clean the barrell and re-grease the gearbox, this pushed the FPS to 375. I was short of time so cut a coil off the spring to get it back down to 350. Not the best idea but worked nicely.

Used a 7.4 lipo and all worked fine, next step it to try a full skirmish day with an 11.1 lipo

hey ninja any news on your annoucement?

Used my R43 for the first time in a skirmish the other day. Put my modified tremors weight in and performed perfectly, the gears were running stock. The only issue I had were that when I got the gun it was firing at 345, I decided to clean the barrell and re-grease the gearbox, this pushed the FPS to 375. I was short of time so cut a coil off the spring to get it back down to 350. Not the best idea but worked nicely.

Used a 7.4 lipo and all worked fine, next step it to try a full skirmish day with an 11.1 lipo

Hi sorry ive not been back to update. But i had a few issues in real life so not finsihed what i started.

In basic it was just a mod to the recoil unit fitting a rubber washer to the recoil unit then putting it in place and a small rubber washer inside the piston so the rod pushes on that and lastly a small rubber washer on the inside of the tube where spring is.

In basic all the recoil parts so none have a metal to metal contact.

So far irt sounds very nice but just clicking with hand as ive not had time to put gun back to gether yet.

But i will update once i have done it. as i hope it will give a nice thudding sound without the clanking.

As for 11.1 lipo you will have big problems unless you have motor control. as it will jam because the recoil unit and piston will be moving so fast the recoil spring will not be able to return the recoil fast enough.

Thus it will end up hitting the piston on its return.

• 3 weeks later...

Stupid questions bellow, sorry, but I have no google fu....

So I want one of these Army EBB M4s, but I do not want to order online from a retailer in HK. I've been looking around and found this:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_669&products_id=33793

From the little bits and pieces of info floating around, I gathered:

-It has proprietary internals

-It has recoil, but "no where near a 22LR rifle's recoil"

So is this the same rifle? And to increase the recoil, all I need to do is put a stronger spring the recoil mech, correct?

APS? Oh hell no, don't touch that turd with an extra long barge pole, every report or review out there is basically universally damning of them, awful awful internals. Nothing like the Army EBB either, the Army is a copy of TM's electric blowback design, those APS abominations are entirely different (and *suitcase* I might add).

Archived