Initial Impressions of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In sticking to Gunfighers808 style of Topic Title and Topic Description, this is a very quick initial review of the TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock AEG System released in Japan today. Even though it's released

lol BUT ITS NOT HOW IT IS...   Your just assuming... have you seen one break ?? no you havent, do you know why i know you havent becuase no one has.. if someone had i would know about it.   Not

druid, we gotta have a contest to see who has more TM EBBs! I have the socom and sopmod, i'm selling a few unused AEGs to pick up the TM scar. It's like crack....

Posted Images

scar l should have more recoil as its got a heavier weight.

You wont get the recce .. not in england... that ship has sailed after the first 10min...

True they are selling like hot cakes,

So is that right, the Scar-L has the harder Kick than the others. M4 Sopmod/Socom/CQB-R/ RECCE & G36 / AK? Due to the Weight being used?

I thought that the SCAR-L is Similar to the G36 build and performance. (Recoil)

Can't Get my Hands on it and try it against the rest.. rolleyes.gif

anyone know if the vfc mk13 will fit on this SCAR? i don't see why it shouldn't but i'd just like to be sure.

The VFC EGLM doesn't fit to *fruitcage* all, including VFC SCARs some of the time, avoid like the plague. I had one very briefly and sold it on just as fast, really nice launcher totally spoilt by the useless, horribly designed part that the attachment system fit in.

Its slightly heavier the weight so it should kick harder.. That said the sopmod has harder recoil springs avaiable for it the scar doesnt..

Rich, what sort of recoil improvements are you finding from the new recoil springs?! and how is it effecting ROF and battery use if at all!?

Ay vids showing the comparison?

not really something that would show up on a vid, it feels a little snappyer thats about it, i mean combined with a 9.6v its pretty hard, but its swacking away at 15 a second.

Doesnt seem to slow it down any but im on 9,6's id say if some one was still on poorly charged 8.4's it would work but it would probably be slower..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yup

Unfortunately not the case. The notch that sticks out of the top of the piston is too near the piston head for it to engage the recoil weight as it wound back with the sector gear. Still shoots of course, but what's the point without recoil? May try modding the prometheus piston later on down the line to see if I can get it to work with the weight. For now it's a $35 paperweight :P

In any case, here's what my SCAR-L gearbox looks like with the following additions:

Prometheus Hard Piston

Prometheus Piston Head

Prometheus Air Seal Nozzle

Prometheus Aero Cylinder Head

Prometheus Bearing Spring Guide

Prometheus EG Double Torque Hard Gear Set

Prometheus 6mm Bearing Axle Hole

Lonex Cut-Off Lever

Lonex Enhanced Anti-Reversal Latch

G&P M170 Devil Jet Motor

Have since put the prommy piston head on the stock piston.

2r6l8hh.jpg

Wow, I haven't even upgraded mine...patiently awaiting the AWS Stealth V2 for recoil shock MB's. So my SCAR-L is still in its dismantled state since I did the review.

Q: Misc reports going on about TM recalling back -some- SCAR-L's due to the RIS not matching milspec.Apparently some scopes can't be sit tightly. I've checked mine and my RS Eotech works fine. You may wanna check yours.

needs a type a or b promy cylinder to complete the look ;)

version 3 promy spring guide or 2 ?

Hahah, yeah, I guess that brass cylinder looks a bit out of place now. It's the SOPMOD upgrade spring guide so I assume v2. The SCAR-L spring guide has fins on either side that slot into the gearbox but the SOPMOD spring guide seemed to "lock in" at the back of the gearbox fine without them.

Wow, I haven't even upgraded mine...patiently awaiting the AWS Stealth V2 for recoil shock MB's. So my SCAR-L is still in its dismantled state since I did the review.

Q: Misc reports going on about TM recalling back -some- SCAR-L's due to the RIS not matching milspec.Apparently some scopes can't be sit tightly. I've checked mine and my RS Eotech works fine. You may wanna check yours.

Also waiting for the stealth v2. Weird hearing about the recall, of course with the amount of times I've dissassembled my gun I think I'm pretty much kaput when it comes to a recall, especially since I'm in the states, haha. In any case my clone Eotech XPS seems to fit okay. My clone TD stubby foregrip has a bit of wobble to it, though. Can you provide more details about the recall, where you heard about it, etc?

Gonna work on the externals next. Grip pod replica + XPS panels + gear sector scout light offset mount + element surefight scout replica + element PEQ.

Also gonna try to see if I can get Magpul's fire selector to work as well.

Further down the line.... see I can get some ofTangodown's new SCAR stuff to fit on :)

Weird hearing about the recall, of course with the amount of times I've dissassembled my gun I think I'm pretty much kaput when it comes to a recall, especially since I'm in the states, haha. In any case my clone Eotech XPS seems to fit okay. My clone TD stubby foregrip has a bit of wobble to it, though. Can you provide more details about the recall, where you heard about it, etc?

Sorry, info in Japanese :-

http://echigoya.militaryblog.jp/e186541.html

• 1 month later...