UKSF Loadouts

Alezi

Guess the SOHPC and SFW weren't enough of a give away. Its the Cryes that tip the difference :P

I'm talking about standard kit all over, apart from personal weapons. Someone I worked very closely with in afghan wore Osprey, DDPM and had a man bag with a standard MK6a with helmet cover and used the same DPM patrol pack that I had. He also use PLCE when the situation arose as he preferred it over Osprey pouches. I never questioned his kit as it was never a point of interest at the time so couldn't tell you what he had back at Bastion for other missions. Literally the only difference was that he had his SFW, he had a browning like me, and a GPMG like my guys did, although his general was slightly modified.

The Talibs and most enemies in combat don't pay attention to what weapons guys have anyway.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the sounds of it that was 2003 or 4 though, not recent.

2007 was when I was in Helmand and the same guy I'm referring to was still working out there in 2009 using the same kit. Me and a friend of mine both worked with him through different units and we were joking about how he's a little tapped in the head and still has his little man bag, which is actually an old claymore satchel that he uses for all his mags and grenades. Not mega recent but not that long ago. Anyway the principal is still the same. If they're working with green army and the mission dictates it then blending in is what they'll do. Same happened in Iraq.The Basra sniper springs to mind when they inserted SF guys into regular patrols. All wore the same kit apart from personal weapons.

If he was attached to your unit then stands to reason he would have been using similar kit, so as not to be singles out as a target and to not announce their presence there. However, all the loadouts and impressions people tend to do are of the DA or QRF units that appear in pictures from time to time, where they don't need to stay so low key.

If he was attached to your unit then stands to reason he would have been using similar kit, so as not to be singles out as a target and to not announce their presence there. However, all the loadouts and impressions people tend to do are of the DA or QRF units that appear in pictures from time to time, where they don't need to stay so low key.

Which brings us back round to my original point of "Lads in Iraq and Afghan for example have opted for bog standard infantry kit because that's who they were working with and they didn't want to stand out!" Which was in response to a question about them using MTP.

Bit of a difference between 'opting for bog standard infantry kit' and 'wearing similar gear for an op'.

People are asking for advice on what kit is correct for a visibly, UKSF kit. Not a 'what might I wear that might look a little bit like it could possibly be UKSF if some guy on the internet said it was ok based on something he saw six years ago.'

If people want a recognisably UKSF kit, vaguely telling them to just wear bog standard infantry kit isn't helpful. If they wanted to look like a British regular, they wouldn't be asking questions in this thread. 

Bit of a difference between 'opting for bog standard infantry kit' and 'wearing similar gear for an op'.

People are asking for advice on what kit is correct for a visibly, UKSF kit. Not a 'what might I wear that might look a little bit like it could possibly be UKSF if some guy on the internet said it was ok based on something he saw six years ago.'

If people want a recognisably UKSF kit, vaguely telling them to just wear bog standard infantry kit isn't helpful. If they wanted to look like a British regular, they wouldn't be asking questions in this thread.

Christ almighty. Did you actually read all of my post or just pick the bits out that you thought you could argue with. The original comment was in response to someone ASKING (highlighted to make sure its clear as you have quite rightly pointed out that people are ASKING for advice) if SF guys would wear MTP!! Had the question about SF wearing MTP not been ASKED the point would not have been raised. Its a simple concept! Surely in a discussion about SF conversation is allowed to progress and advance?!

Which brings us back round to my original point of "Lads in Iraq and Afghan for example have opted for bog standard infantry kit because that's who they were working with and they didn't want to stand out!" Which was in response to a question about them using MTP.

I've just noticed here that I haven't quoted all of what I meant. I was supposed to also quote my comment about lads choosing the right kit for the job, etc.

Do they wear MTP? As Mike said, yes they probably do, dependent on the op etc

Can you use MTP as a UKSF impression? Well, if you want it to be instantly recognisable as per the numerous photos kicking about, probably not, as with Dave/Abbadon's comments. You'd be better off with a set of Crye's or replica Crye's.

To be honest, most the impressions are based on photos, AFAIK there's not been a confirmed UKSF photo of someone in MTP. Yet.

Quick question, how accurate would a Multicam massif shirt be for a UKSF impression?

I know UKSF use multicam and do acquire quite a bit of kits of the Americans but I can't find any pictures confirming it so if anyone on here could help that'd be great!

• 2 months later...
Here's my UKSF, Iraq TFB inspired RAV and MICH.

Just need some better pistol mag pouches and a few more nitty bitty bits

I also have no idea whats meant to go on the back as I can seem to find a photo of someones back...! So if someone can help that'd be great!

DSC0208555555_zpsf0da3c5d.jpg

It's like:-

"Here, have this kit"

Response:-

"No, that's okay. I'd rather spend my own money on kit".

There is nothing wrong with having a load out 'inspired' by uksf. But if you want an accurate/recognisable kit, you have to go by pictures (which can confirm which kit, has definitely been used). I have an 'inspired' SAS loadout but I don't say it is an SAS loadout, as it is not accurate.

Someone once gave me a great bit of advice with regards to building specific loadouts. Its that you can build a loadout on the exceptions, and i may be perfectly correct... but if you put too many in it won't be instantly recognisable as that loadout and would defeat the whole point of a specific loadout to begin with. 

I think with Brit loadouts, one of the most important bits (for instantly recognising it as British), is the weapon. Get that right and you can't go far wrong. I've come close to getting an accurate loadout but have always given up, just when I'm close to finishing it off.

• 3 months later...

Quick noob question (seeing as another forum has a thread lock on the go). IR patches. Are they considered more legit for an SAS/SBS loadout these days (roughly 2010-2012)?

Edit:- just thought I'd leave a crappy pic, for criticism purposes.

• 5 months later...

Quick rundown of my UKSF kit...

Multicam cap,

Bolle tracker 2 eye pro,

Sisu mouthguard,

Mtp ubacs,

Crye UKSF trousers,

Mechanix gloves,

Berghaus boots.

0050D963-FF62-4C6B-AD61-72E61A0DB2A3_zps

Paraclete SOHPC w/ BHI admin, 'BFG' style shingles, BFG dump (hidden under the double), unknown utility, mag pouch to hold radio and 2 point jerry rigged like the BHI sling.

48E5E678-3A0F-43D7-A284-9BEF6DA19974_zps

23F86E1D-F260-450E-83EE-0B292534A8F2_zps

WAS battle belt w/ 'Crye' style suspenders, various WAS pouches, TAG weapons catch and Safariland for Sig w/ x200.

14B6B09C-0BE6-4489-B292-E3A00846DDEB_zps

On a normal game day I usually carry.

6 E/Pmags,

5 P226 mags,

Ammo bag,

Speedloader,

Water,

Sweets :D

Archived