My Experience as a Chopper Gunner at Op Oklahoma Invasion 6!

Leatherneck

I really wish that was possible over here, but there's just not enough room, and ad to that the nanny states interference and well... In fact I'm pretty sure I should have had to fill out a health and safety form to watch that video. :P

Helicopters down draft Vs BB's , I bet the accuracy was dog tod

The dude is in a frikkin' chopper, with a frikkin' machine gun, without being in the frikkin' military. F*ck the accuracy, that looks like the most fun thing you can ever do, except for perhaps doing exactly the same thing with a hot woman noshing on your doo-dads.

Still, awesome video - I'd try and describe my jealousy with words, but i'd just end up bleeding from the mouth. Seriously amazing, i wish we got more opportunity to do stuff like that in the UK.

Thanks for the comments. The entire National Event was amazing to say the least, it was very well organized and everyone had fun. Alot of barriers in the airsoft world were borken in this event. Especially the chopper gunner opportunity, I can't wait to do it again next year!

How was the actual game though? Was much of the site used or was it mainly centred around Colleville, Cean, Airfield, etc.?

The game was awesome, the organization was beyond what I had expected. The game play was very smooth and the way it tried to stay true to MILSIM was awesome. Role of medics, civs, armor, ammo supply and command structure.

Most of the fighting was done for Colleville. The AO is huge, but the area we played in was only a small portion of it. There were a number of Special Forces who were dropped in behind enemy lines with the Helo.

OK Invasion is one of the most impressive MILSIM events on the planet. Helicopters and armored vehicles over a wide acreage area with multiple structures and every year they're improving.

There are others that have used helicopters in other parts of the world, but this is the only game here in the USA that I know of that uses them.

Pretty impressive when consider it's a private field operating without any direct mil support. Wonder if they could get the Texas Cold War Museum to come with their Mi-24 HIND next year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSWPISYnfvA

OK Invasion is one of the most impressive MILSIM events on the planet. Helicopters and armored vehicles over a wide acreage area with multiple structures and every year they're improving.

There are others that have used helicopters in other parts of the world, but this is the only game here in the USA that I know of that uses them.

Pretty impressive when consider it's a private field operating without any direct mil support. Wonder if they could get the Texas Cold War Museum to come with their Mi-24 HIND next year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSWPISYnfvA

Wow a HIND, now that would be sweet.

Awesome. I've been wondering how the down draft would effect the flight of a BB for a while and apparently much, much less than I thought. I noticed you were shooting almost straight down a lot of the time and I guess that probably helped, still, proves it works which really opens up the idea for any big events that want to employ chopper gunners! Now someone just needs to fit a Huey with some P3 mini-guns...

Awesome, just plain awesome...

Look at the size of that field, damn

Wish I lived in the States

So I guess it's STRICTLY FORBIDDEN to fire at the chopper :)

There is nothing to stop you going there next year.

No firing was allowed AT the chopper, since a single BB making the pilot lose focus could have dire consequences. Plus, you don't need one fowling up the rotors or motor.

This is absolute rubbish. I can understand the issues with shooting at it from a safety standpoint, but at the same time, this aircraft is flying around giving the enemy air support that you can't get rid of, that's rather frustrating. Especially at a milsim event as in real life they do take fire from small arms for just that reason.

Archived