Marushin USM1 CDX

renegadecow

-there's a vid of her shooting a real steel .50BMG Barret wearing a maid outfit so yeah, anything will feel like meh after that

Where!

Also to be honest Marushin have never really done anything that is really worth the price to skirmish with out of the box, especially once i add in the cost of getting one in the UK.

'FireKnife'

Looks good at face value and glad that the old classics have not been forgotten about, but I'll be more interested when someone sticks one of these in a para-stock. A skirmishable Para M1 Carbine will make my pants rotate with glee!

Looks good at face value and glad that the old classics have not been forgotten about, but I'll be more interested when someone sticks one of these in a para-stock. A skirmishable Para M1 Carbine will make my pants rotate with glee!

The Marushin M2 will drop into a real steel para stock with only minor adjustments (there are guides on the US WW2 forums) so I'd expect this to do the same. They do look cool but a stock M1 gets you far more loadout-ability: any US WW2 theatre, UK special forces (the SAS especially coveted them), Korea, 'Nam and pretty much every revolution / civil war until the AK became the weapon of choice in the '70s.

Very interested to see the first review of this gun.

Thanks for the info Harborne, I do recall this being done quite a few moons ago but sourcing the parts required now is not so easy. I still regret the day I passed up the opportunity to purchase an original para stock.

I hear you in regards to the wider appeal of the full stock version, obviously that's the same reasoning that manufacturers will follow. I just would like the Para for my Airborne setup in place of a Thompson, something a little bit more unique.

I could care less about the FPS limit - if it performs reliably on CO2 I'm sold. Shame it isn't a folding stock variant, I've always liked those better.

I am pretty sure a realsteel folding stock (replica) is easy to get in U.S.

I see it in Cheaperthandirt catalogue all the time.

Speaking of internals, it's hard to believe no one has created reinforced internals for Marushin guns. I mean, I think there's enough demand, right? I've been itching to try their guns, but as has been said countless times, it's the pot metal internals that scare me.

TAF/Dinosaur makes a steel M1/M2 bolt and M1 Garand parts. RA-Tech makes reinforced extractors for their ejecting GBB line. Creation has CNC aluminum kits for the GBB M712 and Sig P210.

While some after market parts exist, not all models are covered mainly because of the brands lack of popularity for non-collectors. I mean, when was the last time you saw somebody skirmish with a Marushin?

edit:

besides me.

Yeah, it's a shame about the failing points. I can't imagine why they don't just use more resilient parts, afterall they are not cheap to purchase so surely the parts used should be of a higher quality. The M1 Garand has been a long sought item for me but as it's not really skirmish ready, it's hard to justify one as a dust collector. Shame, they look awesome too!

KIC kicbbgun still offer stock and reinforced parts for Marushin GBB's (Garand and Carbine), had my Marushin Garand for 2yrs now .... upgraded it with reinforced part (especially the notorious part no. 45) but never have the chance to skirmish it, but did skirmished with my 6mm M1 carbine GBB only once.

What I'm hoping for is... if the CDX CO2 mag is compatible w/ the recently released 6mm M1 carbine w/ banana type mag.

1. Release the Garand in 6mm with good quality internals and a reasonable FPS

2. ???

3. Profit!

Seriously, they amount of cash they could've been making all this time selling those things to the WWII community and just people in general that love it for its' awesomeness...

Mental.

I am quite suprised RA-Tech haven't jumped out here and made better quality internals for these, seeing as they seem to do a good effort with the issues in the WE GBBR lines.

I mean, when was the last time you saw somebody skirmish with a Marushin?

In total i have seen 2, one being a M1892 before the clone came out and then someone using the GBB Full Auto M712 and that was about it in nearly 5yrs. I just see them as mostly glorified wall hangers that look good but just aren't cut out for the rough handling of the average skirmish.

'FireKnife'

Archived