ACM Copy MTP at EBB

TheFull9

Go acronyms!

So, yeah:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/weekend-worrior-british-camo-uniform-p-4520.html

To give this stuff its' due, compared to all the MTP I've got/worn it does actually look fairly close. That said, if you're in the UK, then (last time I looked at eBay) taking in to account the price of these and customs charges, I'm pretty sure you could get a set of real stuff for slightly less, or worst case a few quid more.

whoooo more bloody Multicam :P

On a lighter and less pedantic note, I like MTP save for the cut of the shirts, I also love CP MC. I might have to invest in some of this at some point. However, I always thought buying MTP in the UK has some sort of law against it?

I'm not exactly a RAF copper (thank *fruitcage*) so I'd be the first to admit I'm not exactly in the know when it comes to laws put in place by the MoD, I can however assure everyone that loads of issue MTP is getting sold on eBay all the time, and nothing's come of it. So if indeed there is still a ban on civvies buying it, which I don't think there is, then nobody cares anymore anyway.

If you're in the service and they catch you selling off your issued stuff, then you're in the *suitcase*, but in all seriousness the military doesn't actually have the cash that's getting spent on fighting 2 significant conflicts right now. Honestly, no one gives a monkeys about hunting down an airsofter who's bought some MTP trousers on the bay.

I would like the think the MoD has better things to waste its money on.

Yes, all that money it wasted on MTP in the first place :P

But to be honest in a year or two, like most British kit, it will turn up in surplus and if it can be sold in said shops without it being stuffed under the counter and a cheeky note on the cash desk then i am sure we can wear it at games and such.

However not being part of the Multicam fad and preferring camo that is really woodland specific i think i will give this a miss. However i am sure it will sell well, like most clone MC stuff does too. ;)

'FireKnife'

It's priced at £50.32 on ebairsoft & i'm not sure the XL size would fit me.I'm not entirely sure the MOD would be bothered about Chinese MTP as they were probably expecting it to be copied.As it stands at the moment i have a grab bag,Short backed Bergan & Patrol pack & a few other things in legal MTP being sold by the likes of britkit quite legally. I know of retailers selling knock off issue gear & know for a fact that the SIB aren't interested at all.They would like to catch the people taking new stuff from stores but aren't interested in the average squaddy selling their surplus gear on for Beer tokens.

I have enough Multicam & Camogrom clothing that i don't need to buy the Chinese stuff.

There's a hat as well http://www.ebairsoft.com/weekend-worrior-p-4399.html £10.80

It was only a matter of time. They've had a US style bonnie in the same material up for a few weeks already. Let's see how long it takes for a helmet cover to appear and then of course chest rigs, webbing etc. I'll be interested to read what people reckon of it especially taking into account eclectic Chinese sizing.

Shush, don't be giving them any more ideas.

I'd find it hard to pick a size to order, their scale seems quite obscure. It's also rather pointless just giving a height measurement, surely one must take into account the "girth" also? It's still no use if you find a jacket that's long enough but either doesn't meet in the middle or wraps around you twice.

It wouldn't surprise me if the girth measurements are massive. With ACM gear you're going to get all sorts of variations between manufacturers, but the couple of sets I do have (that are in camo patterns I'm only slightly interested in) come up absolutely huge, and I can tell from looking at them that they're not all from the same factory. I've always bought medium stuff, which is the shops here always fits me fine when it comes to civvie clothes, but the chinese uniforms all seem to ~38" waists as a medium, which is ridiculous.

That said, I do of course hope they've done it a bit better with these, because the more MTP spreads around the better.

Archived