SB 798 amended.... De Leon is trying to trick us...

memberTGC

I seriously don't get it. This guy has a major problem with airsoft and I don't understand why. Is what we do so horrible that he needs to try and destroy it no matter what? And yes, I know that it won't destroy our sport, but it's gotta hurt these retailers there in California. This is utterly ridiculous, for f***'s sake there are soooooo many other things to be worrying about.

havent even took a REAL goverment class and know this is mostly for looksand votes.

You never will, unless for some reason you get a masters in political science.

What I'm sensing with this is that they are probing for a reaction from the federal government. Something like.....

How will congress respond to us banning FAKE firearms? If they don't even blink, can we start making plans to completely ban real firearms in the state?

This is agenda pushing politicking to a tee. It's sad to say that despite having some of the worst gun laws in the nation, California still has the worst amounts of gun related crime per capita, and they still think banning the legal ones will solve their problem.

Criminals, by definition, don't abide by the law so they will attempt to carry out their nefarious deeds regardless of any firearm restrictions. It's a shame airsofters would have to suffer in the process also. The UK went through a similar agenda a few years back under the "Violent Crimes Reduction" policies. There hasn't been much talk following in regards to exactly how many violent crimes have been prevented due to these new legislations.

Criminals, by definition, don't abide by the law so they will attempt to carry out their nefarious deeds regardless of any firearm restrictions. It's a shame airsofters would have to suffer in the process also. The UK went through a similar agenda a few years back under the "Violent Crimes Reduction" policies. There hasn't been much talk following in regards to exactly how many violent crimes have been prevented due to these new legislations.

I'd be prepared to put money on that the figure is Sweet *fruitcage* all!

As I follow this kind of thing closely in the UK, it has been a long orchestrated plan for the top police chiefs in the UK to ban ANYTHING gun-like from our shores, the laws are worse than a joke.

In the UK, any firearm is illegal without a certificate, shotgun or firearms. They can't ban shotguns because rich people like them. A firearms certificate is a nightmare for any civilian to get hold of. Every gun is meticulously controlled you think? Well anything except shotguns, they're unregistered at factory, and during delivery, you have a few days after it's delivered to call up and register it. Otherwise it doesn't exist in any government database.

So if a truck carrying shotguns was hijacked, all the guns would be unregistered, untraceable firearms.

Now, completely back ON topic :P

Do not underestimate one persons blind hatred of airsoft.

Gil Marshal Andrews, until he didn't get re-elected, spent every waking moment creating lobbying groups to an airsoft here, spreading dis-information, voting and promoting and pushing for banning all airsoft in the UK.

And in response to the effect of the VCRA, they don't know, they never planned to.

There is no statistic for differentiating air-rifle and airsoft crime. They are one and the same.

There is no statistic for differentiating air-rifle and airsoft crime. They are one and the same.

Not quite, air rifles come under their own heading and all airsoft guns come under the "replicas" heading.

Not quite, air rifles come under their own heading and all airsoft guns come under the "replicas" heading.

AFAIK, with all the statistics I've looked at. All air-rifle, RIF, IF and PB come under "Airgun" crime. I know for certain there is no differentiation between RIFs and IFs as well.

AFAIK, with all the statistics I've looked at. All air-rifle, RIF, IF and PB come under "Airgun" crime. I know for certain there is no differentiation between RIFs and IFs as well.

I've read official stats that separate "handgun" "shotgun" "other firearm" "air rifle" and "imitation" into separate sections. It was a while since I read one but I was always surprised at how air-guns have massive amounts of gun-crime compared to the imitation category. Though we do have a legal separation of IF and RIF, I've not read any of the official stats since those terms where coined.

I've read official stats that separate "handgun" "shotgun" "other firearm" "air rifle" and "imitation" into separate sections. It was a while since I read one but I was always surprised at how air-guns have massive amounts of gun-crime compared to the imitation category. Though we do have a legal separation of IF and RIF, I've not read any of the official stats since those terms where coined.

It's the biggest farce of the VCRA (concerning airsoft) There was NEVER any intention of it reducing crime, there has been no measurement of how it has affected crime at all. RIFs and IFs aren't differentiated. Which of course was the whole point of making them IF's.. not simply an underhand blow to try and ban airsoft naturally... that's also why they're lumped with air-rfiles and paintball guns, into "Airgun" crime, the number of injuries sustained from Air-guns is also attributed to RIFs and IFs in this category.

But I think we've left SB 798 a loooooooooooooooooong way behind

oops :unsure:

It's the biggest farce of the VCRA (concerning airsoft) There was NEVER any intention of it reducing crime

gun controle is never about guns, its al about the controle

and since we are already offtopic i was wondering

if the vcra only controles new guns than whats the point because there is no way to controle to who used guns are sold to

so if you are a criminal and you want a rif you can just buy them from whoever is a airsoft player

that what most irritating about law like that there is no way to inforce them so they only apply to honest people

I think that guy really hates airsoft players :D but yes... airsoft players really hate him too ;)

we should get a hit squad on him.

3. Im not going to abide by this law.

Critical thinking and proper action is important now.

The immature comments quoted are counterproductive and will help the Senator's staff, the press and supporters succeed in their efforts to ensure "public and police safety".

Airsoft's credibility as a viable sport and an important revenue source, while effectively addressing safety concerns is what needs to be authoritatively voiced.

Any statement denoting hostility, violence and unlawfulness will not help our cause.

The Paintball industry stepped up to the plate to protect its interests.

As business owners, and informed responsible voting citizens, the Airsoft industry and players need to do the same.

Off-hand remarks are better left in private conversations... not here.

Consider deleting or changing your posts before they are reviewed by supporters of the bill, much-less quoted and used in the LA Times, SF Chronicle or other media to build a better case against us.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/05/09/bb-gun-bill-advances-in-legislature/

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-proposed-legislation-would-change-look-of-fake-firearms-20110511,0,3676028.story

gun controle is never about guns, its al about the controle

and since we are already offtopic i was wondering

if the vcra only controles new guns than whats the point because there is no way to controle to who used guns are sold to

so if you are a criminal and you want a rif you can just buy them from whoever is a airsoft player

that what most irritating about law like that there is no way to inforce them so they only apply to honest people

The VCRA controls new guns and old guns sold after it came out. So if I went and bought a g36 then didnt like it and sold it as the seller im responable to the law to make sure its sold to a person with a defence against the vcra ie a airsofter or a person using the RIF as a prop in a movie or stage production of which they must show a defence to buy that RIF. Before the VCRA guns were not two tone and any body could buy and sell to anybody which still applies but the RIF must be a IF ie over 50% bright coloured.

Hope that clears that up for you so if you do happen to sell your RIF to some one who you shouldnt have ur breaking the law.

No surprise, democrats want to wrap everything in cotton.

As for Kevin de León he hates America and her freedom. Unfortunately, this kind of thing is quite common among the reconquista types in California politics ( Nunez, Gutierrez and Kevin de Leon ) but not known to many California voters.

Vote republican (Ron Paul) and dont let them turn this country into a third world paternalistic hell hole those cockroaches came from.

The reason I said that is because it is our DUTY, not just a right to not obey unjust laws, and this is one of them. I have no intention if changing or removing my post.

To clarify, you are 13 years old correct?

A player old enough to vote, have a car loan or mortgage can understand what's going on behind the bill.

As a concerned citizen, player and/or business owner, they can determine an effective course of action.

Hopefully the airsoft retailers and distributors are "financially" stepping up to the plate as paintball did, hiring a lobbyist and/or working with the NRA and other rights groups.

Archived