Skyrim

TacticalKid

I've enjoyed it so far. I've done most of the major side quest lines with only the Bards college and Imperial/Stormcloak quest lines left. I also haven't done the very last thieves guild quest as I don't want to loose the Skeleton Key quite yet, and I've done almost none of the main quest line.

I highly recommend leveling enchanting and smithing all the way, it's easy enough to do without glitching the game, and will net you extremely powerful armor and weapons, however don't be an idiot like I was, just go heavy armor all the way, I leveled smithing on the light armor side any now don't have access to Deadric armor, there is no need for light armor in the game with the Stead Stone blessing. All you need to do is farm iron ingots, leather strips, and petty soul gems (or any soul gem for that matter), make tons of Iron Daggers, and then go enchant them with "Banish" (it's the most expensive enchantment) and then go sell them for 700-2000 gold a pop.

I'm a lvl 48 Breton "Battle Mage" (that's a Heavy armor, one handed weapon wielding, destruction, healing mage) my armor rating is like 650, it costs me no mana to cast desro or healing spells, and my armor gives me a +75% bonus to one handed weapon damage. My sword does 75 base damage (legendary glass) and I've got +48 fire damage and +48 lighting damage enchantments on it that are never ending, and all of that is built into the game, not a glitch. There is still that combination of challenge, while still having enough awesome abilities to back me up if I get up *suitcases* creek, for example accidentally running into two Ancient Dragons at the same time....

The steed stone blessing gives you the armor rating of heavy armor but the sound and mobility checks of being unarmored, plus it increases your ability to carry items by 100 and removes the weight of heavy armor. I can be sneaky and take a beating.

I love this game. I think I literally played Oblivion for neigh on 2 years Non stop, and still turned it on every now and then since. Generally after watching some form of Fantasy movie. As far as I am concerned, Skyrim is far better than Oblivion was. It helps that I am pretty much obsessed with Norse mythology (Real Norse) and Skyrim is full of that sort of stuff.

Has anyone not noticed how much cooler everything is too? i mean, besides leather armour, all the armours, clothing, weapons, fancy hat's, all looked utter *suitcase* and unnatural in Oblivion. Heck, I love the look of my mix of Steel armours so much on my character, I dont even bother upgrading to the new stuff I am coming accross. (Orkish, Ebony).

Semi Spolierish alert here, but, I would reccommend anyone to do the main quest as soon as possible. You unlock all the best shouts easiest by doing this. Call Dragon, Call of Valour, Stormcall ect. On a related note, does anyone know where to find the next two words of power for Stormcall? I am having trouble finding them.

end battle was "meh" could have been done in many more interesting ways.

All I have left are Misc. quests and the Blades quests but I can't seem to find the Blades guys at their haven....

Oh yeah enchanting and smithing made the game easy as hell, double enchantments on items and crafting top tier gear at level 20, also really unimpressed with the destruction tree, I'm at 100 destruction and spells take way to long to cast, or are weak, I'm better off charging in sword a waving, or sneak attacking foes.

Anywho I finished at level 55, I could grind out more talents but it's all stuff I haven't used like 2 handed, archery, block, light armor, ect....

I was hoping (which I got) for a tarted up Oblivion. Heck, I would have been happy with more Oblivion DLC. Anything is better than the Fallout series anyway. That in no way is a replacement for Oblivion.

Anyhow, Im loving Stormcall now, Just obliterated a whole town with it haha, it was pretty brutal.

Yeah, to me beating it would require completing every single quest, clearing every single location and finding every unique item in the game. If you have any kind of life outside of gaming, I'd say it's nigh on impossible to "beat".

I'm 70 hours in, level 48, haven't started main quest yet.

Darkchild

Yeah, to me beating it would require completing every single quest, clearing every single location and finding every unique item in the game. If you have any kind of life outside of gaming, I'd say it's nigh on impossible to "beat".

I'm 70 hours in, level 48, haven't started main quest yet.

Darkchild

Now that I look back, I don't think I've ever actually finished the main quest in both Morrowind and Oblivion.

And I still play both, occasionally.

I thought Oblivion was pretty meh. Loved Morrowind and love Skyrim. I sneak around in light armor and shoot people with arrows until I get close enough to hack them up with my war axe. On my second character because on the first one I made a poor wife choice and wanted a better one.

In these style games I go the route that is the most fun, and that route seldom leads to having the strongest stats. YMMV.

I guess my problem is I'm always wanting to try out new classes or other stats. I'll start an assassin/dark elf, play for a week or two, then creat a nord/smash-and-bash, another few weeks, then high elf/pure magic, and so forth, often cylcing back through old classes.

Must be the ADHD :wacko:

Archived