Skyrim

TacticalKid

I played ME2 that way and ended up realizing that some of the classes really suck (Pure Soldier w/ assault weapons for example), and some are so OP they needed better balancing (the hybrid tech/biotic class).

There are things I've never enjoyed, like archery in all of the edler scrolls games, and Magic in Morrow wind, but I found that in Skyrim it was very easy to create an OP class without even thinking about it, double enchantments on everything, making two schools of magic cost 0 mana to cast, upping weapon damage by over 100% without even speccing into that weapon type, while also upgrading my Sneak by 38% and muffling my movement sound permanently, I basically could just pick health for every level increase without worry of not having enough mana to cast higher end spells, and on top of that I could cast them till EVERYTHING EVERWHERE was dead and still have a full mana bar.

The steed stone, to me, was so stupid OP that it never made any sense to take any other blessing. I mean 100% heavy armor weight reduction, removal of heavy armor movement and sound checks for sneak, increasing storage capacity by 100lbs. I never took a stamina upgrade and was hauling 400lbs of stuff and heavy armor weighed nothing.... basically running around in the game getting checks as if I'm naked, with an armor rating over 700..... LOL

Co-level enchanting and smithing and you're in the best armor in the game with the best weapons, without even having to quest, and then go sell those enchanted items (I enchanted Banish) and I topped well over $100k in my pocket. Kinda took a lot of the draw out of the game for me, as I remember in Morrow Wind spending hours trying to get to the best weapons in the game, or quest for them. In Skyrim, I had done almost 0 quests and had no reason to get quest items outside of Azura's star.... which I didn't need once my enchanting was at 100. All I got from quests was items to sell at vendors who didn't have the cash to buy them at full price (even with the speech perks), and some petty cash, then I turned around and used that cash to buy training and houses..... So really in order for me to go through a quest line I really wanted the story to draw me in, and some of the story lines were less than interesting... go here steal this x20 for thieves guid, go here kill this guy x10 for dark brotherhood, I mena I would have rather done 1 really awesome quest than 20 "oh god, AGAIN?" ones.... I felt like I was playing AC1.

^I used to be an archer-hater just like you; then I took an arrow in the knee...

Well; I have been using bow + one-hand swords for the majority of game(as far as I have played) with zero investment into shields(that is what I believe companions are for) and it is best to just think of the bow as underpowered bolt-action airsoft gun... But it does enough damage from a safe range to justify this crappy range/speed(otherwise low level is going to have some fun killing giants/mammoth).

That steed stone...sounds like it needs a nerf.

That to me, is like waiting to sleep with the town bike. Everyone else besides you has been sleeping with her for months and is just about bored of her.

Then its your turn!

Either way, Im sure your experience will be as great as everyone elses :P

Adult mods for Skyrim is not out yet; unlike in Oblivion... :D
  • 2 weeks later...

Patch #4 (Update 4) was supposed to release the memory block but it made my game more slow and more buggy (now start to see sound glitches and couple times dragons flying erraticly. They sure have not done a good work with patches, Patch #2 broke many peoples games and they had to restart :(

Looks quite good on a GTX 580 as well, but even then the game go down to 30fps at times(often in small caves, dunno why).

I'm not kidding, It's very poorly optimized.

That said, while just roaming the world I can run CPU(8 threads) and GPGPU folding clients and not experience lag. Sometimes not even during combat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks quite good on a GTX 580 as well, but even then the game go down to 30fps at times(often in small caves, dunno why).

I'm not kidding, It's very poorly optimized.

That said, while just roaming the world I can run CPU(8 threads) and GPGPU folding clients and not experience lag. Sometimes not even during combat.

have you downloaded the 1.4 patch? the game was poorly optimised CPU wise, it's fixed now. my i7 GTX460 SLI rig was hitting low 20s at times (mainly in towns, the stairs at dragonsreach down to whiterun in particular come to mind), yet usually my FPS was bouncing off the 60fps Vsync limit. it's a nice stable 50-60 fps now :)

• 8 months later...

Archived