All metal Hi-Capa

Screwschom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im thinking of using ONLY .23's for all my guns. Has anyone else used .23's before? I also find .25's too heavy for my taste. Ill make my final decision on a pistol when the finnaly release the TM M93R AEP.

But it's individual from gun to gun which weight of BB is optimal. My Tanaka M629 worked best with .43g (even in semi-cold weather), and my stock Hi-Capa does a great job at long range with .20g.

But anything that shoots is better than the USP imo

So what is wrong with the KWA USP? Does yours have a metal slide?

Also, hissing sid, how safe is it to order one from red wolf, and how much does it cost to ship to Britian?

(I have never ordered abroad before) :mellow:

Also, hissing sid, how safe is it to order one from red wolf, and how much does it cost to ship to Britian?

Well...

I'm not the right person to talk to about Redwolf. Most people seem to think they are a good reliable company.

WGC is now selling the Armotech HiCapa for $105US. That's the one I bought. It'll probably cost about $30 to ship over here and there's then the chance you'll pay £15 tax on top of that.

TBH, I wouldn't bother ordering one from HK alone. I just ordered it as part of a bigger order.

I'm ordering some more stuff in July so, if you want, I suppose I could order you one.

• 3 weeks later...
Very nice Screwschom.  You have my full attention :D

First off, I'd love to know your impressions of firing this, but I have a couple of other questions you may be able to help me out with too.

Firstly, who are WE?  They haven't popped up on my radar yet and Redwolf aren't providing details.  What is their full name and do they have a reputation yet?

Secondly, is this model compatible with the Marui Hi-Capa spare magazines?  If not, I don't suppose you know if they are easily available do you?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is one VERY nice looking GBB :D

Cheers ;)

The WE can take TM mags. I've tried it, they work. :D

Cheers Historyteller. Luckily, I had my WE Hi-Capa delivered yesterday.

It does indeed take Hi-Capa mags (they are totally interchangable, althought the firing valves look different).

My thoughts on this gun are in Snowman's mini-review thread here...

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...20entry311124

(Full thread link)

Cheers Historyteller.  Luckily, I had my WE Hi-Capa delivered yesterday. 

It does indeed take Hi-Capa mags (they are totally interchangable, althought the firing valves look different). 

My thoughts on this gun are in Snowman's mini-review thread here... 

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...20entry311124 

(Full thread link

I agree with your review. I noticed the sluggishness with green as well ... red makes it a little better, but I'm waiting for Shadow Spec to get some upgrade parts in, we'll see what works. :)

However, the reason it's not crisp with green gas is ....... it's designed to also handle C02. With the C02 mag in, it shoots around 360fps and moves very well. Personally, I have no interest in C02 pistols (even here in the US).

However, the reason it's not crisp with green gas is ....... it's designed to also handle C02. With the C02 mag in, it shoots around 360fps and moves very well. Personally, I have no interest in C02 pistols (even here in the US).

And yet Snowman says that in a back-to-back test the FHC HiCapa recoils harder and just as fast as a Marui gun?! :P

Odd, eh.

I read R22's review and dug out them again.

The TM is FASTER (amongst the fastest I've seen, which is only to be expected with such a light slide), but I wouldn't call the metal gun sluggish. R22's comment confused me slightly, though (I've posted on that thread to keep it tidy)

That's the problem with subjective comparisons... :)

Cheers

My WE had the Armotech trades on the grip as well. It would be a shame to characterize them as being aesthetically pleasing. They're so toyish it hurts...

They peel off easily, though. It's a real downer that the integrated rails won't accommodate neither my real "steel" Glock tac-light or my G&P M3-clone! Maybe WE plan to launch a tac-light of their own that will only fit their Hi-Capa clone...

i just came back from wolf, they have them in stock and selling at £125. they are WE, and they have that laser logo thing at the bottom of the grip said WE-airsoft or somethign like that, and the slide is completely plain, no transfer, no laser burnt wording, nothing at all, just a plain smooth slide.

We have them in stock at my Jungletoy now, they actualy have a disclamer inthe box that they will not work as well with green gas. I found that ironic. Chrono'd in at 200fps with green, going to try red tomorrow if I remember my gas.

its because it doesnt have a slot for the screws to go through

Might just be because it's a bit too wide.

Most stuff like lasers and lights fits onto a pistol rail but I've found that a vertical foregrip which fits onto an aluminium RIS won't fit onto the plastic rails of any of my glocks OR onto the rail of my M190.

its because it doesnt have a slot for the screws to go through

"screws"? Sorry, But I'm totally lost. Are you thinking of the TM Hi-Capa and the way you fit the rail to it? The problem with my WE seems to be that the machined (or cast - I dunno how they're made) grooves are not deep enough, making the rail too wide. (Bingo, Sid)

Now that I've handled, fixed, and shot a WE Capa, here are my notes:

- very heavy. Slide is overly heavy IMO.

- finish and general quality is good, but still Taiwan-grade (of course).

- the accessory rail is indeed of the wrong dimensions (too wide) and lacks a crossbar notch.

- specimen failed to work properly with standard mag, nor did it work with a standard TM mag. Installing a Guarder high output valve in the WE mag solved the problem entirely. Also installed Guarder hammer spring and PDI piston head with favorable results.

- specimen failed to lockback slide on empty mag, caused by faulty slide release lever. With a TM lever there was no problem. WE lever was fixed with a layer of super glue on the inner surface that catches the tab on the BB follower in the magazine (specificly, the problem was that the slide release lever did not have enough reach to catch the BB follower tab).

- personal preference, WE or TM? Take a wild guess.

I did a little recon with some manufacturers I have contacts with and found out that the WE HiCappa is the ONLY pistol that WE makes at the moment. The guy who owns them used to make some rather nice silencers he sold threw KM until the ATF found out they where functional. He's also the owner of Airsoft Elite. They do plan on making some more styles of ultra heavy weight GBB's soon.

A warning to those that are using the WE version, run it with RED GAS or CO2 only! Green doesn't always have the power to throw the slide all the way back once the mag starts to cool down. Not to mention it's only shooting <250fps on green. Also, the plastic bits on the mag are rather fragile, don't drop it! (store model was dropped the day after we got it shattering the base and snaping the feed lips.)

Archived