Mechanix Glove advice

happy.al

Hello,

I'm about to buy some new gloves and wanted to ask a little advice before I bought them.

I’ve pretty much made up my mind to buy some Mechanix gloves, and wanted some advice on which one. I’m thinking either the Original or the M-Pact version. I’ll be using these for IPSC style shooting and what I’m looking for more than anything is a nice light glove, with excellent grip and also give me a good feel. Tactical looks aren’t important.

What does anyone suggest? Also where is teh best place to buy them, I'm looking on Amazon, but is there is a better place (UK).

I have M-Pacts in tan, great glove that has done well well for over a year. They are soft and comfortable, but I wouldn't say that they are the most grippy for your IPSC needs to be honest.

Have a look at Petzl gloves for a tight fit and good grip. Alternatively Line of Fire tactical gloves will meet your grip needs but may be a bit heavy.

I'm now using Blackhawk Nomex SOLAGs, if you can get a pair to fit tightly I've found them to have good grip and be pretty robust.

You don't use gloves for (airsoft) IPSC.

If you have a problem gripping your pistol, look into modifying your gripping technique and pistol.

You might not perhaps he wants to or as he's in the Isle of Man perhaps he's talkin RS IPSC, lucky sod!

I did actually check before i posted, and it's not just me. It's very very rare to see an IPSC shooter, real or airsoft, with any kind of glove on.

And when they do, it's a very thin type of glove, similar to golf gloves.

Even the thin, original mechanix is too heavy in that comparrison.

You're better off using skateboard grip tape on the pistol.

Perhaps he's looking for gloves to wear on an outdoor range?

In any case I love the original Mechanix gloves that just pull on with no fuss. I get a few sets at a time at the local tool store when on sale. I keep some tucked in the truck, the workshop, and around the house.

I'm not sure about that rubber gubbin on the new ones. I'll have to check that out next time I needs a pair.

Speaking of golf gloves, take a look at the palmless receiver gloves they use in US football. The fingers are semi-rubberized so they grip and the palm is open so you can feel the grip of your pistol against your palm so it almost feels like you aren't wearing a glove.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11492968&010=SKU-10032256&003=3933188&camp=CSE:GoogleBase:11492968&camp=CSE:GoogleBase:11492968

I want to try a pair but at $45 USD plus shipping I'd rather get a holster at the moment so I don't have to use a radio pouch...

Look into the gloves available at mountain biking shops. I must have owned at least 30 pairs of gloves by now and the best all around I have found are from mountain biking shops. They offer light weight, range of movement, dexterity and feel aswell as toughness and added protection in all of the right places aswell as excellent grip.

+1 to china copies, I use mine every game and they are just great, comfortable, light, give me an extra grip... and for about 10 euros I cant fault them anyway

And about using gloves in airsoft or RS shooting, well, I use them to protect my hands and because they sweat a lot, which is very uncomfortable when holding a gun.

I did actually check before i posted, and it's not just me. It's very very rare to see an IPSC shooter, real or airsoft, with any kind of glove on.

And when they do, it's a very thin type of glove, similar to golf gloves.

Even the thin, original mechanix is too heavy in that comparrison.

You're better off using skateboard grip tape on the pistol.

Thanks guys for th replys, they are all very helpful.

I have come to the same conclusion as above, I was training at the weekend, I tried with and without gloves and I am much faster without gloves.

What I will do is to use gloves to keep my hands warm and them remove them when I am on the stadge.

I'll be adding some skateboard tape to the grips too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived