1911 Flashlight Options - NON RIS

bankz5152

Hey guys,

Almost finished building my custom 1911 though after playing a couple gams noticed I could do with a flashlight, however it has no RIS and the aftermakret RIS adaptors are awful.

I looked at the VFC V1911 Tactical Illuminator though from the information I managed to get out of the interweb it doesnt seem all that bright.

Are there any other options? Possibly a cheap one with a changeable bulb?

Would like one that has a minimum of 100 lumes, would much prefer 120 - 130 lumens.

Josh.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so. The Surefire MR07 rail that BaBaBooey mentioned is a possibility. It mounts like the 310/610r but it's just a rail so you can mount your choice of light. It's around $70.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/sumora.html

9658-DSCN0831.jpg

bankz5152, also note that the VFC light will fit on a rounder 1911 dust cover, not the one that the MEU has (which is more square-ish).

If you want to get the VFC light to fit on a MEU-like dust cover you'll need to grab one of those slightly curvy files and work the file inside the light. It's made of a very thick aluminium so as long as you have patience and enough elbow grease you'll be able to get it to fit well on a MEU dust cover.

Or use a dremel :P I don't have access to one so 1.5 hrs of filing was needed for my light XD

Cheers dude, ive seen it done before. Its the Guarder FBI frame in silver, hopefully it will fit :)

Ill look into the bulb aswell, was half my question in the thread.

Thanks guys, got a VFC V1911 light on the way!

I've got one of the VFC lights and it's fine for room to room CQB stuff.

If you decide to make a kydex holster for a 1911 with the VFC light let me know and I'll take one.

Ooo, yeah. I may be interested in one too.

A bit late for you bankz seeing as you've already ordered one but I did a mini comparison that will give you an idea of power. Top one is a G&P R500, middle is Element Scout, bottom is VFC310r. Distance of about 3.5m.

GP500.jpg

ElementScout.jpg

VFC610r.jpg

To be honest, the light is rather disappointing. However anyone who buys it and tells you it was for practicality is lying. It looks bad *albatross*, and that's exactly what it is there for!

It's compatible with aftermarket CREE LED bulbs too, so you can increase the ###### out of its brightness :D

Mine arrived its not amazing, nothing like my Sig Light.

I had to re-jigger the hole reflector/lens peice to actually get some focused light. Sticking in a 3.7v battery uped the brightness aswell.

Though will do the trick for the moment anyhow.

When looking at the bulb it looks pretty wired in, would have to do a lot of dissasembly and soldering :(

Archived