KWA LM4 PTR GBB

I'd say go for it, especially in the US. I've had first hand experience of all the major GBBR platforms (Except the KJW), and the KWA hands down wins in my opinion. It's very reasonably priced for what it is, has steel parts in all the necessary places, a grin-inducing kick, a very well thought out design and easy to work on magazines, if you need to work on them at all.

I had a G&P WOC for a year, and whilst it was fantastic, I can't help but feel I got slightly lucky. Even then, the magwell required a bit of electrical tape to keep the magazines sitting properly and feeding correctly; It was also more prone to venting gas despite the much lighter bolt and required work to the hop unit. Whilst the externals were a little nicer, and with work the range and accuracy was very similar, the KWA has the performance out of the box, and still looks damn good.

The only gripes I can find with the KWA so far are the three piece upper receiver (not a big deal really, just a minor annoyance), and the trademarks, which are pretty much a non-issue.

Plus, the KWA already has a pretty big modding community - which resolves minor issues like the KWA hopup not being for everyone and the inability to release the bolt by charging without modifying it.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPx35ElNS0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">   I'll keep you guys

After a very long wait, I finally got my hands on KWA's new LM4 PTR. What follows are my initial impressions after owning it for 1 day, and using it in a few rounds of CQB. But first some pictures:  

Posted Images

Get LM4 ones with polymer uppers, those are better than first generation KSC full metal ones.

It is a personal opinion but I think the Pmag has got a design flaw and cheap quality screws.

How is Mag availability currently? Might just stock up on mags instead.

LandWarrior have them in stock at the moment for £43.99 - Not sure how many, but they're the ones emperor mentions, and mine are all solid. Get a KWA/KSC valve key while you're at it, as sometimes the striker valve requires tightening OOTB (one of mine did, 30 second fix).

I'd wait for the Mega Arms version 'n all though, unless you're likely to want 2 of them. I'm ordering me the MA version the very second I humanly can, but I'll still be keeping the original, and I'll probably pick up a PTS version when funds allow at a later date... 

Tried to use my LM4 yesterday, and unfortunately it doesn't work in 2-3 Centigrade... It'll work for a minute or two after removing a mag from the comparative warmth of my chest rig and cycle alright, but after being out for about 3-4 minutes, the gun will fire the BB but not blow the bolt back, and the magazine continues to hiss slightly until you rack the charging handle, which then allows the bolt to cycle.. I think from now on I'm probably going to stick to indoor sites in December/January; It works alright around 7-8C ambient temperature, but much lower than that and it refuses to function.

*edit* Should mention that was using standard generic Green Gas. 

Edited by hwagan

Ahh I expected better of the KWA! It was a maximum of 4 Celsius on Saturday and my buddy's WE SCAR was working fine all day (until he broke it by overloading the mags...) - he even used full aut fairly often. How does the KWA compare to the WOCs?

Really I'd imagine it's the steel bolt; It's a lot of weight to shift. It's odd though, I'm not sure if I've got an underlying issue with the valve in the nozzle or something... I don't think so though, as it performs flawlessly at normal temperatures.

Compared to the WOCs, it's a lot less work out of the box, the hop system is a lot better and the kick blows the WOC out of the water. Mags are miles ahead as well, although personally I never had a problem with the G&P Pmags but others have done. I've used the WOC successfully in similar temperatures to Sunday, although that required keeping the mags warm in the map pocket of a chest rig. The same trick worked with the KWA, but only for a few minutes before the mags got cold when outside the rig. 

What I'd really like to see is something similar to the lightweight steel bolt for the KSC - It's got cutouts to reduce the overall mass, while still being steel. If one was available for the KWA I'd be on it like a shot.

Surely you could make the cutouts yourself with a dremel, some files and a bit of sandpaper?

Not neatly, and not to a standard I'd be happy with. I'm sure it's entirely possible, but I lack bits for my dremel, I'm not particularly skilled at using it and I mess up enough with aluminium, let alone steel.

Darklite beat me too it - KSC bolt is too long for the KWA receiver.

There's also the fact that I don't want to hack up my current bolt, as it kicks like a mule. Ideally I'd have the lightweight one for winter use and the standard steel one for warmer temperatures.

Edited by hwagan

Emperor86 did a comparison in here somewhere, and from looking at the pictures it looks like the KSC bolt is only longer at the rear. The nozzles are all compatible as well, so I'd imagine it's simply a case of the KSC being longer at the back, where it shouldn't really matter. At least I'm hoping so anyway!

KWA does sell the bolt carrier for about $45-50, so you could buy one and cut it up. You could even just drill it, I've seen a real steel BCG that had a load of holes, it looked like Swiss cheese.

Ahh I expected better of the KWA! It was a maximum of 4 Celsius on Saturday and my buddy's WE SCAR was working fine all day (until he broke it by overloading the mags...) - he even used full aut fairly often. How does the KWA compare to the WOCs?

Closed bolt or open? Also GG or Co2? Edited by akiraspeedstar

KWA does sell the bolt carrier for about $45-50, so you could buy one and cut it up. You could even just drill it, I've seen a real steel BCG that had a load of holes, it looked like Swiss cheese.

Closed bolt or open? Also GG or Co2?

Is it just a case of e-mailing KWA direct? I can't seem to find any LM4 parts on the pro-store website.