Airsofter Temper Tantrum

aznriptide859

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something seemed off about those guys as soon as I first saw them on youtube.  Announcing you got yourselves banned from a certain set of games for doing stoopid *suitcase* like jumping between rooves during a game when the rules specifically forbade it?  Genius.

• 1 month later...

The geardo thing is interesting from a linguistics pov, its very goffmanesque a term that has its origins in a pejorative label becomes taken up by a group as their word. Or possibly as a term chosen by s group used as a pejorative label by outsiders who may be using it to describe the group as a whole or labelling the worst of that group and applying it as a derrogatory stereotype

I have heard both uses both geardo as a self deprecating term for guys with serious high end gear collections and as an insult for that particular group of players who wear high end gear and carry the arrogance and attitude. I've been told 'you don't rate talking too' because I didnt conform to that groups image of a 'proper airsofter'

As for the grabbing thing, yeah darklite was in the wrong for popping a shot off but the other guy was much much worse for grabbing him. Someone pops you in frustration post hit, tell a marshal or have a polite quiet word in the safe zone, as soon as you lay hands on them you lose the high ground as you have changed it from a rules breach discussion to assault and at that point you are opening yourself up to a smack, grabbing someone by the shirt collar is very physically threatening and turns it from a disagreement into a fight.

You aren't allowed to drag someone out of his/her car by their shirt for cutting you up. You aren't allowed to drag your boss around by his collar for underpaying you, this is the same issue. Someone breaks a rule, use the system to report it and deal with it tthroughthe system.

• 2 weeks later...

You aren't allowed to drag someone out of his/her car by their shirt for cutting you up. You aren't allowed to drag your boss around by his collar for underpaying you, this is the same issue. Someone breaks a rule, use the system to report it and deal with it tthroughthe system.

Very satisfying when you do though . Its not a perfect world and sometimes people take it to far .

Yup one of their ex-members was on a podcast a while back stating that very thing, he said that if they want to salvage any kind of reputation or perform any kind of damage control they basically have to eject Ronin as fast as possible.

Either way I am glad that this GMR lot are not people that I have to play against but I feel sorry for those that do and just want a nice peaceful and fun game without this kind of playing attitude.

I am sure they started out as a nice bunch that had the good members leave and the bad members stay but then I recall the days when Zero In was just a humble forum attached to a site and not the five star restaurant menu of wrong that it is now. :P

'FireKnife'

T3CH where can i find said podcast?

One last GMR bash: Have you seen the way they "run", its more of a light jog in my eyes

Here you go.

http://thisweekinairsoft.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/twia38.mp3

Then GMR posted a podcast that basically went 'it wasn't our fault'

http://thegreenmountainrangers.podomatic.com/entry/2013-06-02T14_19_06-07_00

Which was met by resounding cries of 'B*LLSH*T!!!' From everyone who listened to it, including me. The podcast they released makes them sound like GIGANTIC ASSH*LES.  They are banned from Lion Claws an OP IRENE for life as well as many others. The situations now so bad they are rumoured to be having to go to CANADA to be able to attend big events. 'Art of war' was mentioned for any Canucks on here.

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=154931 Airsoft canada thread about these charming guys morons.

Archived