RA-Tech presentation Kimber 1911

kojak

This isn't "real" news, but I was curious about the markings on this upcoming RA-Tech custom 1911: http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51_1038&products_id=19369

RAT-GP-KIMBER-AG-1.jpgRAT-GP-KIMBER-AG-1_02.jpgRAT-GP-KIMBER-AG-1_03.jpg

Turns out they copied them from a West Virginia Sheriff's retirement gift:  http://cdmengraving.com/firearmspage.html

JCSDKimber1911-left01-web.jpgJCSDKimber1911-right01a-web.jpgJCSDKimber1911-top-web.jpg

I guess there wasn't a good image of the presentation date, so for some reason they chose 1971.  Time travel!  I wonder how many airsofters are chomping at the bit to own this legendary piece of American history.  

Silly Ra-Tech.  They should have gone full/partial scroll work and had more people interested.  I don't want a replica of a commemorative pistol with some random person's info on it.

Are the controls not just generic parts anyway?

However as for the rest of the gun well I will easily echo the pointless comments. A typical engraved gun would have been great but a user specific one? Fail.

'FireKnife'

So if he was presented with this in 1971 how could they know he was then gonna serve in The Marine Corp 1970 - 1973, the West Virgini State Police from 1978 to 2000 and the Jackson County Sheriffs 2008 - 2012?

You'f think the random date they used could have been later than the other dates all over the gun.  Idiots!

Is it just me, or does that Kimber logo look like it was drawn with crayon?

Yeah it does, looks like someone had traced a low res picture with straight line tools on the CAD software..

Capture.png

Doesn't look quite the same... I'm a fan of RA-Tech, I really am, mainly because they supply so many steel parts and slides when there are no alternatives, and I've mostly had good experience, but when they go high end, their attention to detail doesn't quite match the attention to detail of those who would pay the price they ask for... Wish they would stop faffing around and make full steel "combat" 1911s.. 

And you call yourself a 1911 fan *shakes head*

As in the parts on the RA model are just generic. I am not quite sure how you confused that ;).

Either way this is still a stupid choice for a marketing option but as RC says it is probably because we are not the typical clientel.

'FireKnife'

Idiots.

Who are the real idiots in this though, RA Tech for making them or Airsoft Global for buying (or at least planning to) them? RA Tech will probably shift all of them onto retailers and get paid for them, it'll be the retailers who've then got to find customers and given the money to sense ratio of this forum I don't expect to see one in the pictures thread here, not even I'm interested in making products that niche.

Well considering they sold (they meaning RA-Tech) every single Kimber Royal II and Stainless II they've made... I don't think they're idiots at all. (I own the Royal II) But this one is just oddball to the maximum, that said, in Asia, there might be people who are perfectly happy with this, as it is afterall, full Stainless steel, kicks really hard, and looks fancy with loads of engraving with years and English words on it that seem important, like how I see Western people on the street of London wearing T-shirts with Chinese characters that make absolutely no sense. 

As in the parts on the RA model are just generic. I am not quite sure how you confused that ;).

Well icolator already stated they were wrong.  It looked like you were questioning whether they were supposed to have specific parts and not generic parts.  Not quite sure what else you were adding to the discussion otherwise.

I admit my point could have been worded a tad better but I was going to add 'which at this cost point is frankly ridiculous'.

That and wondering once again why these things sell, even collectors must wonder if they couldn't get it with better parts.

'FireKnife'

• 3 weeks later...

Archived