KJW CZ P09

kenxin

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The finish is holding well on my slide.

I've got two issues with mine though. Firstly is the double action is *suitcase*. You really have to yank the trigger for it to fire in DA, otherwise it locks up and doesn't release the shot unless you let go of the trigger. Secondly, once you start getting through a mag, the blowback weakens considerably. On a fresh charge it's fine, but when your only about 6 shots in, the blowback starts slowing considerably. My WE G17 running the same gas can empty a mag with barely any slowdown in the cycle speed, even firing as fast as I can, where as the P-09 just starts slowing down a lot once it gets through a few shots, even with letting it settle after the shot.

I love the externals on the P-09, but I can't help but feel disappointed in its performance. It sends BB's far with decent accuracy, but it just seems a bit "meh" compared to the Glock.

I've been through this whole thread several times trying the different fixes and such, but I just can't get it to cycle as reliably as the Glock does, even though the slide weight seems roughly the same and every thing is running nice and smooth action wise.

Maybe I'm just a picky *bramston pickle* with my pistols though. :P

Ok, a revelation on the double action issue. From what I can see, the trigger bar pushes back on a part in the frame to bring the hammer down. The part should then push past the trigger bar to drop the hammer and fire the pistol. The trigger bar is not slipping off of the part it pushes back on meaning the hammer is stuck back when the trigger is held. If you really pull the trigger fast, it has enough momentum to slip past the trigger bar. I don't know what the part is called though, but if you look what the trigger bar pushes agianst when you pull the trigger, you can see it not releasing when the trigger is pulled back slowly.

Sorry if I haven't explained this well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My trigger failed after 200 shots. It really hates DA it seems. It wouldn't reset and it would jam the slide back.. there is a lever on the side of the mag release button that would not get clicked down (it would pop up all the way above frame level!) and bind into the slide. Managed to manually lock it down at random but it was hit and miss.

few shots after that started happening, I would get light strikes and it wouldn't even cycle. the hammer unit is anything but user serviceable but after taking it apart I couldn't notice anything wrong with it... I suspect something gets bent out of alignment... also the hammer unit was bone dry deep down, despite me dumping oil on top. none made it down...

oh well, time to go buy another one.  I only use the CO2, not that it matters. recoil spring is garbage. as I go to pick a new one tomorrow ill see if something they have there will work.

I have the detonator slide/barrel AND the threaded barrel from them (standalone). slide is well made but very light. Barrel is junk..... 0 weight. Cant wait on RAtech. At the same time, I have massive doubts this platform is feasible to develop on.

This gun reminds me of the original plastic KWA/KSC pieces of *suitcase* years ago.. None of them would work, aftermarket slides/frames wouldn't fit, etc etc. Seems no manuf can make a CZ work proper the first time around. KSC figured it out with the NS2 models, but it poisoned the gun for many buyers.. KJW seems to be doing the same.

Upon further disassembly, the hammer, striker are confirmed steel. The connecting rods and actuating pieces are pot metal. Hard to say if something gets buckled. Tolerances are extremely tight.

Giving it one last go tomorrow with the new one in SA only.. I love throwing money away. Funny how none of my 1911 platforms have hiccupped after 10+ years of literal abuse. just CZs..... any and all of them have been *fruitcage* trash over the years. Guess bad design to port to airsoft.

Alright new gun so far so good. This one has the striker on the mag problem (rather bad at that). I tried to file the striker like glockwork did but that was too awkward. Instead I just milled a bit off the mags in the offending corner ( a notch if you will). takes 2 seconds on the mill  in the soft metal.. You can also do it with a dremel but it isn't as pretty.

Recoil spring. Guarder 1911 150% works wonderful. Keep in mind that this will essentially turn your gun into CO2 only. But you should be using co2 with it anyway... Anyway, the new recoil spring removes lots of the rattles, provides very consistent slide pressure and the feel is getting close to the tension of a real cz. I am a bit surprised the gun even cycles now. Getting the hammer and recoil springs pushed in takes a scary force (for an airsoft) to do by hand. Much wow. So amaze.

But if you need a spring, 1911 ones should work. Standard marui sizes. Not sure about custom para guns and what not if they use the same size. 

Gas consumption after spring and mag notch milling just about doubled. For best results 1 mag = 1 CO2. Before you could squeeze 2 mags if warm enough. Now I wouldn't recommend it.

120% might be the limit for gas operation @ warm weather. (warm being 80+). I don't have those nor am I buying it as I have 0 care for gas at this point; im migrating to CO2 in anything that will take it.

Inner barrel.  stock is 99mm give or take. You can use Guarder 6.02mm x 104.5mm  for the FN57  just fine. Works best with the longer detonator threaded barrel but will fit stock barrel.

Hopup VSR style rubbers will work with some modification, namely trimming  the notch to be shorter to fit the slots of the KJ hopup. KJ uses 2 protrusions but the barrel centers just fine with the single stub rubber. Although im not sure why you would change that... stock one is fine for the fps of the gun.

Alright hope this helps people who want to improve the operation of this gun. Im still concerned about reliability of the hammer/trigger mech... Not using DA on this unit, will see if it lasts

• 2 weeks later...

meh my 2nd one still shoots to the right and has random vertical spikes. its just a short range gun.  meanwhile I ran 2000 rounds (all co2) through gun n2 in SA only and so far nothing broke. So yes, DA is bugged and will destroy your hammer box/trigger mech/whatever fails.

RA tech released their steel barrel and slide. 316$. lol hell no. that's more than what a full steel stark glock costs.  gotta love the cz rip off.

on the detonator slide (and im sure ra tech too), the screw that holds in the ejector, make sure you glue it or threadlock it. it will work itself out and begin to  eat into your internal metal rails. I caught this early but with enough rounds, you will eat away the right rear side of the rails (pot metal so good)

meh my 2nd one still shoots to the right and has random vertical spikes. its just a short range gun. meanwhile I ran 2000 rounds (all co2) through gun n2 in SA only and so far nothing broke. So yes, DA is bugged and will destroy your hammer box/trigger mech/whatever fails.

RA tech released their steel barrel and slide. 316$. lol hell no. that's more than what a full steel stark glock costs. gotta love the cz rip off.

on the detonator slide (and im sure ra tech too), the screw that holds in the ejector, make sure you glue it or threadlock it. it will work itself out and begin to eat into your internal metal rails. I caught this early but with enough rounds, you will eat away the right rear side of the rails (pot metal so good)

Got a picture?

Ended up picking one for a good deal lol.

Come on now, Glock is just a box with rounded edges, CZ's slide is a lot more organic with way more details than a Glock, wouldn't be fair to compare the prices, even RA-Tech's own Glock Slide + Barrel set is like $100 cheaper than the CZ. 

Its not my duty to cover up their manufacturing overhead if they cant do it in line with their competition. They aren't using tempered steel, but mild steel which is really very easy to machine. I have a decent number of their products. They are far from perfect. Their XDM barrel (also steel) pops up (cause it sits loose!) and jams into the slide breech preventing it from moving..... this sort of gimmick with half their stuff; granted their CZ75 barrel is excellent (and fair priced). Also im mainly annoyed they didn't make the rear sight RS compatible. The cutout works on the KJ but the location of retaining screw is not up to RS specs, requiring ghetto drilling into the RS sight to make a 2nd hole. So basically you have a 300$+ upper that cant even take RS parts... they could have fixed that. but nope.jpg. 

If they correct the rear sight and release more steel bits to complete the gun, then it will be more tempting. But as it stands now, detonator for 160 (list is 180ish) for the set with steel ejector and spring firing pin is quite nice. Yes their barrel is thin and very light but works well enough and the slide is of excellent quality with great coating. After 100 holster cycles, no wear that I can see.

Got a picture?

Ended up picking one for a good deal lol.

after 2k rounds on 10 mags (and I need more!) of .25 NON bio bbs. Stripped and oiled twice. first time during install into new gun, 2nd time after ~1000 rounds. Looks like it can go another 1500 without strip to reoil the chamber and what not. Last photo shows the bite of the ejector set screw into the rail. Deeper than the photo shows.. 

I use proshot zero friction synthetic lubricant for the rough parts, bachmann light viscosity model loco grease for the chamber and german name I cant spell/pronounce surgical instrument lubricant for the nozzle and rubber parts. Silicone does not come in contact with my guns since 2005. That stuff evaporates and gunks up every 4-5 mags. I also don't oil propane mags. Yet to lose a seal on anything.... So many myths in airsoft :P

dtsP0pW.jpg

zeKME3c.jpg

yYwSgvC.jpg

I also ordered the A+ hopup rubber, to see if that will fix the weird bb trajectory. Doubt it but it was cheap enough to try it. Should be here in a week or so now. Again if you aren't CO2ing this gun, you are missing on one of the most amazing shooters to come in recent times.  the gas version should be banned by law! ^_^ _ :D)

as for whats coming next week...

XZovbZN.jpg

that's a 60 pack atop 38 remaining from a 50 pack for a total of 98.  At current warm weather im getting 2 mags to a 12gram. So, ~200 magazines x24 = 4800 shots. Can she take it? Lets find out!

Did you try changing the stock rubber for another stock rubber?

Have you succesfully modded RS sights on it?

Any ideas on how to go about getting a Safariland 6004 light holster for it?

Eg: https://dsgarms.com/content/images/thumbs/0013900_safariland-6004-sls-ubl-stx-tac-holster-right-hand-dual-mag-release-glock-17-wlight.png

I've heard P-07 should fit in it...

Its not my duty to cover up their manufacturing overhead if they cant do it in line with their competition. 

They currently have no competition for the CZ P09, just as they currently have no competition for XDM / HK45 / TT33 steel slides.. and judging by how their steel kits are usually sold out, I don't think it requires your help to cover up their overhead. As you've pointed out, they are far from perfect, and that's very true with most RA-Tech stuff, their QC isn't great, and tolerance are sometimes pretty awful (Stainless hi-capa slide not matching their own stainless frame? hello?), but very often they are the only people who produce the steel kits for certain model of pistols. I got the Stark Arms full steel G17 and sold my RA-Tech based KSC precisely because of that, but until someone else comes up with a CZ P09 steel slide, we can't compare like for like. 

Hope this lasts me a while, decided to move away from GG and go straight to CO2, found a decent deal in Canada for it brand new.

Bought 100 cylinders at 0.60 CDN each, so about $67 with tax.

Wonder if I should do anything with it? I know Wingmann did some mods, but was thinking of leaving it be for now. Ordered a Forbus holster with falcon rubber/inner 6.03 from WGCShop.

2015-05-18%2018.00.png

Did you try changing the stock rubber for another stock rubber?

Have you succesfully modded RS sights on it?

Any ideas on how to go about getting a Safariland 6004 light holster for it?

Eg: https://dsgarms.com/content/images/thumbs/0013900_safariland-6004-sls-ubl-stx-tac-holster-right-hand-dual-mag-release-glock-17-wlight.png

I've heard P-07 should fit in it...

Yes, no difference. That's why I bought the A+ one from ehobbyasia. still en route.

No I haven't drilled RS sights yet. Ive looked and thought about it, but haven't taken to the drill press yet.  I have the suppressor set from ATAC (sp?) but due to holster issues haven't attempted to actually mount it for good.

@BioRage: Try it as it is and check for inconsistent shots, felt recoil and hop. If all shots feel the same and go to the same point you might not need to do anything.

Also, I sold it with an A+ rubber just installed, but I didn't proof test it. I wasn't impressed with the default rubber, though.

Thanks for the reply Wing, will have to try it out on the field and see what I like.

Seems the CO2 on rapid fire = don't likey, haha.. guess that's the limitation on CO2 Magazines.

In some of the video I saw, I noticed mine came with two little washers on the recoil spring area (Like where you remove the spring guide), where as I didn't notice it on some people's disassembly video.

washers -> "|| -- spring -- houpunit "

BioRage, on 19 May 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:BioRage, on 19 May 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:BioRage, on 19 May 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

Thanks for the reply Wing, will have to try it out on the field and see what I like.

Seems the CO2 on rapid fire = don't likey, haha.. guess that's the limitation on CO2 Magazines.

In some of the video I saw, I noticed mine came with two little washers on the recoil spring area (Like where you remove the spring guide), where as I didn't notice it on some people's disassembly video.

washers -> "|| -- spring -- houpunit "

you really need a new recoil spring to use CO2 enjoyably. the gun comes in green gas stock configuration.  and its rather anemic. I threw that sorry excuse of a spring out the first week. imo its even too weak for gas BUT the stock slide is bulky and heavy, as its cast zinc alloy.  100$ gun needs 200$ in extras. maybe even 400$ if you go RAtech but I cant speak for that as I don't have that set (yet, as im still angry at them)

Archived