Higher quality option for the Heat vest coming soon

Horsem4n

im catching up on the NRA videos and Dom Raso breaks down the major FA shootout in the movie Heat. for the video, he had his friends at Dynamis Alliance (and by friends, i mean the people he works with) recreate the custom concealable AR mag vests from the movie for use on the episode. probably because he didn't know CRW still offer them, but these are bound to be better quality.

https://www.dynamisalliance.com/gear/entry/dynamis-low-vis-go-carrier

no price yet, but coming soon. 

up until this point all we have had is the CRW option, but i have been weary of its quality.

http://www.crw-airsoft.com/heat-tactical-vest-by-tgc-1999-p.asp

just for those who care.

I'm weary [feeling or showing tiredness] of seeing the word wary [feeling or showing caution] misspelled.   :D

Why no love for the armored car heist loadout?  Unless you're actually robbing a bank, the jumpsuit/hockey mask combo is much more iconic than a suit and balaclava.  

Nice video. The vest does look to be better made, but at the cost of being a less accurately depicted replica. To me it's more like what the vests could have been instead of what was really used. With that the one by CRW is still spot on and the limitations are down to its flimsy (being thin) design being made for concealment above all else and how well a fit it has to the individual without being custom tailored.

Might have something to do with the actors having been trained, and the shootout choreographed, by a certain ex SAS type...

That is what training gets you though. This and Collateral had about a minimum of six months spent on training to get that effect. Too bad other films that feature so called training are wasting time really (did anyone else notice the effort put in on Sucker Punch over the tits and dragons?).

However if the vest can be made effective without being too far off the real thing then that is good enough for me personally. A prop from a film is never really going to work as an out and out real world idea.

'FireKnife'

i loved sucker punch. the girls didn't use any stunt doubles and thats something.

But did you notice that every one of them actually shouldered and used their weapons effectively? Odd but for such a film they put a lot of effort into those shooting scenes (in fact I think IMFDB and other places have pics of them in training and the effort they went to). Saying that regarding 'ex-SAS' or 'ex-SEALs' training there are some films out there that boast this and the shooting scenes are still gash.

Just do what Michael Mann did in the Vice days, get someone like Jim Zubiena to actually play the role rather than teach someone to play it. That way it just looks like the very awesome ten second scene from 'The Hit List'.

'FireKnife'

There's a couple of directors from the kubrick school of total realism. Michael Mann and Bay being two who really want the gun handling stuff to work and look and feel real. I appreciate it in films I like seeing stuff that looks like the characters can do what they are meant to do. It's why Reacher annoyed me cruise couldn't shoot as well as Jack wasn't as imposing and they had to change the film to reflect his limitations.

The two film load outs I love are both custom vests this one from heat and the transformers vest. I like that you see guys who like us like real forces customise their kit make it work for them even though the uniformed forces are faceless bad guys or just grunts they are all ever so slightly different in gun in mag setup in vest layout. I like those small nods to the humanity of the character.

Wait did you just mention Bay as anything more than a sexist, racist moron with a lot of money?

Go sit in the corner and think about what you have done.

The guy is basically the film equivalent of Call of Dooty, he just goes with the latest fad, adds some tits, chugs in loads of special effects and done. In fact it deserves this video:

'FireKnife'

Erm, are you watching the same films as me :P?

They are awful and very, very typical to the point that it looks like he bought all the Magpul DVDs, stuck the actors in a room and then that was it.

Mann (along with other directors) actually spends a lot of time and effort on making everything perfect. Hence even this vest in Heat. Carries what you need, easy to wear (for early 90's standards) and fits under a suit-ish.

'FireKnife'

I still want the CRW one .. I keep meaning to buy it but then forget, and then I'm equally surprised they still have some left when it was made years back.

The Dynamis Alliance one does look pretty sturdy and nice though ... lol

Fireknife the Bay films at least have actors looking comfortable with stance and holding and there aren't many taking the safety of a glock type gaffs.

Mann on the other hand crafts realistic amazing firefights. I also adore Woo's films for the pistol play even though it's really unrealistic it is very very engrossing.

Back to the point I really want this vest to not be flimsy or wrecked easily and not retardedly expensive

I've been meaning to pick up the CRW one for a laugh but I can see this one being a lot more expensive so not really worth it for the few possible times it might get used.  We'll see though I suppose.

I've seen a review using a real AR with loaded mags and said it secured pretty well. The problem I can foresee though is that the pouches are sewn directly to the mesh material which in time/use will likely fray and get ripped out hence my suggestion to sewing straps underneath to take the weight instead.

Archived