Marushin AEP UZI

hawaiianjuggernaut

I would pay serious cash for SHS/Lonex AEP drop in gearboxes for UZIs, MP7s and the likes.

They'll probably never do it though, the market would be too small as not enough people actually have Mp7/UZI AEGs and thus the need for aftermarket parts is much smaller than for V2/V3 gearbox platforms. 

I remember the days when SMK (Cybergun's UK distributer) had the Marushin UZIs listed in their catalouge around 2003, unusually they offered them as fully assembled and as a kit to build yourself which wasn't much as a kit because from the photos they showed you only had to fit the furniture! I always wanted one back then but I never saw a single UK shop with them listed for sale :(

I'd love for someone (China) to produce a nice full metal Uzi with a non-V5 gearbox. There's just something about the workman like quality of the Uzi. Its beauty is in how inelegant it looks.

I wish KWC would do a full size GBB UZI, they've already got the Mini UZI which they could use the magazines, hopup unit, lower and some other bits from so it wouldn't be a massive stretch for them to do and they could offer it in semi-auto .177 airgun versions like they do with the mini to increase the market size for it.

Shoehorn an upgraded AEP gearbox into an UZI shell, fairly easy to do as scratchbuilds go, but the problem is finding a nice UZI shell :(

Have to say that the Maruzen pistol UZIs are fabulous. Would love a full size UZI built from a Maruzen design.

I have given serious thought to getting a KWC co2 Uzi and trying to fit it into the Marushin body. Huge project though. Ah so many wonderful airsoft projects to try! Think about it full size c02 powered Uzi. Must resist urge to start yet another project! AAAArgh

• 2 months later...

I have given serious thought to getting a KWC co2 Uzi and trying to fit it into the Marushin body.

Wouldn't it be easier, cheaper and much, much better to buy a full-size receiver flat, bend it up and fit it to the KWC? The Uzi is not a complex gun.

[EDIT]I take it back, it's apparently quite difficult to bend the receiver up as the steel is quite thick and some of the bends, particularly in the rear, need a mandrel. If you have the tools, I think it's still cheaper and much cooler.[/EDIT]

Archived