WE Scar H

kaufmau

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope its more reliable than most scars I've seen on the FB pages.

In case you haven't figured it out, airsofters couldn't have possibly broken it by being hamfisted/tinkering with something without the know how. It's got to be a manufacturing fault/poor design.

I've had to do emergency repairs for players on site enough to see how badly guns are maintained/repaired. Considering the increased amount of maintenance GBBRs need, it's a wonder any of them have a good review.

Yes and no. I know the fcg is pretty much the same from scarl to hk416(oldest to newest versions) but the upper is the biggest headache for many.

Im the biggest advocate when it comes keeping them mostly stock but the scar and even my pdw shakes itself apart. That's my worry.

I haven't had that issue with my pdw, yet. But my 2 screws that hold the front assembly in place one is in bad shape. Had to tighten down the guide rail screws and my stock hinge dogbone screws come loose all the time. I refuse to loctight them in case cause I don't want to have them drilled out like the *suitcase* screws on madbull rails.

Its a gen 3 ob I bought in evikes bone yard 4 months ago with a broken lower where the stock latches to when folded out.

I don't use any fcg or bcg parts as my ra tech npas took a major *suitcase* on me and made performance really bad.

So a screw would work it's way out of your upper receiver (just to clarify)? That is interesting, as a lot of complaints has/have been about the bolt, cracking the rear plate, between the receiver and the stock (some people added cushioning to try and address the issue. Like chopped up credit cards and adding them to the cushion).

Again, we seem to be getting wires crossed (regarding what replica we are talking about), really not interested in the pdw but I am interested in the complaints about the WE scar.

So, a screw would work it's way out of the upper receiver of a WE scar?

Yeah, the hex screws that hold the hop-up unit (on the scar) are very unusual. But again, this could be down to user error (forcing the screw back in and damaging the thread) as it is differcult to reassemble the barrel on the WE scar. Very tricky.

Looking forward to a review of the Scar H and to see if there was a mechanical reason for the delay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw the video, got very excited.

Also I believe one of the WE Europe guys is over at the factory right now? Unless it was an old photo they've put on FB.

Sad the guns still not the finished item in the video, colour wise, but function is looking great, magazines look really well done.

I'm very excited.

Any translation of the vocals?

Archived