"Conspiracy Theory" - Cybergun + WE = True ?

NonEx

Actually, scratch that. This just in from KY:

"The shipment for Silver Desert Eagle is still on pending, it will not take long to be release.

However, please do understand licence from Cybergun had not yet arrived to us. We will manage to process all pre-order shipment as soon as licence arrive!"

https://www.facebook.com/kyairsoftgun/posts/1445661132179115

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right. I got some conversation going with KY Airsoft on FB Messenger :D

I will do some copy/paste and some paraphrasing...

Me

What is the problem with Cybergun licensing of WEagle?

KY

The problem is indeed quite complicated.
It relates to some matters happened between our mother company and Cybergun.

I then asked if WE is their mother company. Which they asked me, why I asked that. I figured because of the apparently right bonds between WE products, releases and spare parts it wouldn't surprise me if KY was a partner or subsidiary of WE.

They did not confirm nor deny it.

I then commented on how Cybergun is not very liked, worries by airsofters (mostly my own concerns I expressed in the OP of this thread, but in general as well). I referenced the WE P90 release vs. Cybergun to which they replied: 

KY

I believe this time is different
For P90 WE had made a prototype and never manufacture the big stock
But in DE far
DE case

All DE had been manufactured with marking and basically just awaiting for licence from Cybergun

I afraid, we can not provide much information related this question...
You just need to know it's all about $$$

CYXpTry.png

I do not really know what to make of that woman facepalming and the "male" symbol. Kind of like, troubled "marriage" / partnership ?

I ended with this, and no response as of yet: 

Me

I guess Cybergun wants a bigger % of the money of sales for licensing the WE Desert trademarks and now they cannot agree on money

EDIT: They just responded to the above ^^^

cm3P9pl.png

My expanded working theory: 

WE working on a Desert Eagle with no markings, as per their usual MO (no markings).

Cybergun becomes aware of the "WEagle". Swoop in and say "Hey there WE, we own the license for this model. If you want to release and distribute this we want in on the action and in return you get to use our fancy licensed markings."

WE, without much choice considering Cyberguns previously flexed legal muscle go "Uhmm... oki... :| "

And then, WE produce the pistols, ready for dist. and release. And Cybergun come in and go "You know what, if you want to release that with our trades, I think we would like a bigger cut of the sales..."

And now, they are arguing over who gets how much of what.

No? :o

EDIT: Ooooh. Wait a minute. Based on that latest response... Cybergun have not fully secured their IMI Desert Eagle licensing for dist. of WE airsoft pistols and now there is a legal battle between Cybergun and the previous license holder for the markings? :o

They let WE go ahead and produce and put markings on their product without having secured their end of the deal. And now they have a product they can't release...

I asked if it was the same with the WE Thompson.

They say, no. Because it is a WWII model there is no license requirement for it. Not sure of the details but kinda makes sense.

I then said, maybe Thompson will be released before WEagle?

They say, No, not likely. They just don't want to do two big releases at once.

Then, I did this :D

nk5S51H.png

The age isn't a problem with the Thompson, it's that Thompson as a name and logo is copyrighted and CG has the rights. With regards to the IMI/IWI license, you mean to tell me all this waiting is due to Cybergun wanting money over something which they may not even have the rights to in the first place?!?

WE should just ditch the already made ones with trademarks and sell them under some bogus 3rd party while churning out new blank ones. If a person really wants trades on theirs, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Well, the bright side is that if they ever feel that they've been *fruitcage*ed in the *albatross* by CG, they can just go ahead and release it anyway. No Asian retailer is going to risk taking a huge hit in inventory/$$$ if they can worm around it. IP isn't that big of a deal on this side of the world unless the IP holder can reasonably protect itself via legal means (which is rare)

I'm pretty sure licensing of trademarks is usually split up by continents / major markets so it may very well be that they have the licensing in some markets, but not all of them or something like that :o

Due to the differences in legalities when handling trademarks and copyrights etc.

Fuuk knows :P 

I decided to ask Cybergun straight up on FB Messenger and I don't really know what... :| 

Chris
So. What is the problem with WE Desert Eagle licensing, status and plan to resolve it and release ETA? 
By going into business (forcing your partnership onto WE) and then not delivering on your end is not a very good move... 
Your reputation on the airsoft market isn't exactly the best.
4:21PM

Cybergun
Hello Chris and thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately I do not really understand what you mean by that. Could you please develop your thoughts a little more ? There is no problem with the WE Desert Eagle that we are aware of. In fact we know that it has been released on schedule in Asia

Chris
What?  
WE and KY Airsoft are posting updates almost daily saying it can't be released due to waiting for licensing from you...
Which shops in Asia has it been released to already?

Cybergun
You can see pictures of the product here
:)
Gun Street ?? Wargame Airsoft added a new photo.
Gun Street ?? Wargame Airsoft
WE is in charge of distribution in Asia so unfortunately I cannot give you a more precise answer. Please contact them directly if you wish to know where you can buy one.

Chris
Pictures yes. I understand it has been distributed to retailers but pending actual retail release due to licensing issues?

Cybergun
There are absolutely no licensing issues as we are working hand in hand with them to produce the best and most realistic products possible. All that I can tell you is that it will be released VERY soon

Chris
So it's not released?
Where can I buy it in Europe?

Cybergun
It is meant for the Asian market first. If European customers are interested we will bring some to Europe
There is no real delay for the product. It is merely unfortunate that WE announced it a bit too soon

Cybergun
Chris, if I have answered all your questions, can I please ask you to give a second thought to the review you gave us ? A one star review has a very strong and damaging impact on us

Chris
Well I am still not a big fan of you as a company, your market strategies and the Desert Eagle release and I also don't really trust what you are telling me

Cybergun
I completely understand your mistrust due to the bad reputation of the former Cybergun team
just so you know, three years ago the whole management changed. The new team has been hard at work putting the new Cybergun on the path of excellence (yes the road is long). We developed several products from scratch like the FNX 45, FNS 9, G17 Inokatsu, Sig SP2022 and others
Our focus is driven by the military and law enforcement market for which we develop great products. This process helps us imagine new exciting technologies that will arrive in our 2018 products
We know that we have a lot of work to repair the damages that have been done by the previous management, but we strongly encourage you to look at the new Cybergun with an open mind and clearly distinct us from the previous era
Hopefully futur releases and announcements will help regain a bit of your trust

Ha ha. 

We developed several products from scratch like the FNX 45, FNS 9, G17 Inokatsu, Sig SP2022 and others

Yeah.  Way to go to earn trust.  Or do we think this is some drone that has no idea and is just spouting whatever they've been told.

So it's 100% fact that HK dealers are sitting on piles and piles of WEagles? I find it hard to believe none have slipped out into the wild yet?  Perhaps pass on your correspondence with cyberscum to KY or whoever you have been speaking to about this release so they can use that as confirmation it's OK to start selling them heh.

So it's 100% fact that HK dealers are sitting on piles and piles of WEagles? I find it hard to believe none have slipped out into the wild yet?  Perhaps pass on your correspondence with cyberscum to KY or whoever you have been speaking to about this release so they can use that as confirmation it's OK to start selling them heh.

From what I understand it, yes it has been distributed to shops :o 

I sent the conversation on to KY just now :D

Interesting to see what they have to say.

Archived