Tokyo Mauri M3 Shorty Review

THis is just a review I wrote and felt I should share it since not many people know anything about airsoft shotguns.

Tokyo Mauri M3 Shorty

shotguntable.jpg

Power: 270-300 fps(No chrono)

Mag cap: 30 BBs but 10 shots

Searching and Buying:

For those of you who don't know me I am a big Resident Evil fan and thus love shotguns. I wanted a nice airsoft one. And most of them used magazines or pour slots. That's not very fun or realistic so I wanted soemthing better. In my searching I found a nice TM M3 shotgun. I like things that are compact and powerful so the Super 90 wasn't my bag but the shorty version is. So I ordered it through an importer. I don't know the exact cost becuase I was given a total price for a package of things not just the shotgun.

First Impressions:

This morning I was awoken to my brother telling me he was going to keep and use my shotgun. It was early and I was up late watching horror movies but I jumped out of bed and took the box from him. The thing was COVERED in tape. I cut it open and found that it was in the sale box just turned inside out. Inside lay my gun. Ignoring the rest of the contents I took it out and gave it a nice pump. Clack-clack. Nice sound when the gun is pumped. Alot of people say the Mauri shotguns are hard to pump. These people must have never lifted something heavier then a TV remote. The pump isnt simple it just takes a little effort. Almost the same force required to pump my dad's Moseberg 500. The box also included:

-Loading rod(different from the AEG kind)

-4 Shells(I ordered 3 spare)

-Cleaning Rod

-Manuals

-Hex wrench

The Gun:

It has some metal. The shell door, the trigger and the sling mounts are metal. The rest is very sturdy ABS plastic. The ejection port has a little knob on it but it doesn't do anything at all really. The sights are easy to use. Line up a square between two other squares. The rear sight is adjustable using the included hex wrench.

fps1.jpg

fps.jpg

Performance:

damage.jpg

As you can see the shotgun tore this can open. And one of them went through and made a sizable dent on the other side. I dont have a link to the soda can test but the manual says the gun gets around high 200s or 300. The BBs go far. Farther then my stock G36C. The top barreled one always seems to go a little farther then the others. The gun easily tears through leaves. The spread however is not so great. Its quite easy to pump it rapidly and achieve a high volume of fire.

Upgrades:

If you want upgrades you are pretty much out of luck. The only thing I have read of people doing is installing a tightbore barrel on the top. However there are three and that sounds like soemthing I have no wishes to get mixed up with. THere are no spring upgrades either.

Accessories:

There are not very many accessories either. G&P recently released a collapaseable stock like the Beneili M4 has. And Airsoft Extreme sells a barrel mount for the use of a laser. A heat shield is also a common addition. And various shell holders can be mounted to the gun.

Skirmishability:

I dont know how well this would work in an AEG skirmish since I just got it. But this is probably the best springer you could ever buy so it should handle its self among springers. People such as Inferno have used shotguns aganist AEGs with good results. It just calls for different tactics.

Other:

loadingashell.jpg

The shells load in one at a time. There is a small switch to open the door. Its a pain in the **** to pull the shells out. So its easiest if you open the door while the shell door is facing the ground so the shell will just pop out.

The rumors that say these guns are hard to pump are very false. Its easy to pump even without a stock.

Conclusion:

I love my new shotgun. Its very solid and sounds like the end of the world for the people on the recieveing end when you pump it. This gun may not have full-auto or 1,000 round drums(although there IS a way to mod a AK-47 high cap to work with it) but this is a nice gun that should be able to operate well in a skirmish if the owner knows how to aim and place shots. I only have 4 shells but 12 or 15 sounds like a much more ideal number.

I will leave you with a picture of the family:

group.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...