Man shot dead!.

sniper_boi

Anybody else heard the rumour that it was SRR who did the dirty work and not the Police?...

For someone who claims to be a 'military enthusiast', I'm woefully ignorant of the buzz about these things :)

I doubt it was the SRR mate. Although it'd be nice to *know* they were out there too... I could tell you about a blue on blue I nearly had last night.... But best left unsaid lol

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that colours things a bit... lets the fuzz off the hook, though it does draw into question current policy about allowing mr "here's a gun, there's the enemy, go have some fun but for gods sake try not to get yourself killed" soldier man to be on active duty with the met.

I'm sure they'll be stiffly worded letters to the editor before too long, mark my words...

:)

I M O the fault does not necessarily lie with the officer(s) who pulled the trigger but with the policy makers and the people drawing up the strategy.

If you ask me the Police have developed a 'Gun Culture' of their own and regardless of what the officers 'thought' was about to happen they should not as a matter of policy pull the trigger and ask questions later, nor should they be put into that position either.

Realistically, what are the chances of an armed police officer being in exactly the right place at exactly the right time? You can sucessfully shoot suicide bombers at checkpoints and gate houses, the same tatics will never be as sucessful on public transport. Come on Policemen, think about it, please!

I blame the senior ranks who draw up the policy, who decide the training syllabus and conduct the briefings.

"Give a man a big hammer, and soon every problem becomes a nail"

In the Times today they said that basicly the police have blamed the army for the shooting and the army blamed the police.

On the day there were two surveillance teams, one police, one army. Both reporting to Gold Command at the Yard. Both teams were under the direct control of the police and while the soldiers were armed they were only armed to protect themselves they had been brifed to let the police make any arrests should it come down to it....

Basicly the police have complained that the army used the wrong ethnic marker when describing the Brazilian and blamed the squaddie for taking a slash and not getting video of the guy leaving.

The army have had a go at the plod because they think that the guy should never have got to the station and he should have been tugged before he got on the bus...

The issue is further complicated by the fact that neither the police or army had comms with control because their radios didn't work on the tube....

Archived