MAC11 ejecting BBs

Samm

As most of you that played with me at AG will have noticed, my M11A1 ejects about half of the BBs in the magazine out of the ejection port.

I got it a few months ago, bought the metal bolt with it and upgraded it pretty much straight away, so I can't really remember what it fired like with the plastic bolt.

It also jams, but that's not really a problem on it's own, it's just caused by the BBs bouncing around the bolt and getting caught in the ejection port and stopping the gun from cycling.

I've talked to John from Fire Support in whom I would trust my life to because he is very reliable, but he said he had no idea.

I also phoned Zero One where I got it from but they said they can't really explain it over the phone (:whistling:)and I'd have to send it out to them, but they said it's fixable as they've encountered the problem before.

They said it would be covered by the warranty if the problem isn't linked to my fitting of the bolt, so to avoid the possibility of Z1 giving me a run for my money...

Anyone got any ideas?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I should mention that it's a KSC, not sure if that makes any difference.

The guns been like this pretty much from the box, and I'd bought a new mag with it aswell, they're not bent.

The magazine lip doesn't seem to hold the BBs in very well, giving me the impression that bending them might actually help :rofl:

But seriously, the spring does seem rather strong, because when the magazines are in my pouches, or if they get knocked in anyway as to knock a BB out or disturb them, it can fire off a few just by itself.

So it seems to me that the gas nozzle in the gun is doing the same thing, and the BBs are bouncing off the inner walls of the bolt :huh:

What temperature did you use it in? Room temp? Cold? Warm? Its gonna depend on the small things. Had this problem going in full auto on my M93R, but it was cold, so the bbs would'nt even load, the gun would look like its working perfect, but ALL the BBS came out the side.

Well, when faced with an opponent, you could take out your mag, aim it in the general direction of your attacker, and shake it to deliver a stream of BB`s in his direction, :^)

No, not good? drats!

Two things come to mind.

Keerap BB`s. I`ve found out that poor quality BB`s can vary in size a great deal, and the smaller they are off of the norm, the harder it is for them to stay in your mag. I`ve got some coming that are supposed to be +/- .01 off of 5.96. I`ve had keerap BB`s, and they came flucuate about .05 by my micrometer.

Makes a big difference I think in a autoloader, the BB`s size is critical. Don't spend hundreds on a gas autoloader and feed it garbage BB`s. If in doubt, find a micrometer and measure them.

Second, are you lubing your mag follower or the BB`s?

I`ve found that lubbed BB`s will fly out of the mag at a moments notice, and stopped doing that (lubing them) as soon as I started. I`ve concluded that BB`s in a gas autoloader should be DRY. May be different in a AEG, where the cycling is so different, but in a gas gun, IMNSHO, they should be DRY.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Randall

I'll try the better BBs......but this doesn't seem to be themag. I'm looking at it now and it seems to be that one BB will stop in the barrel and then the other BBs can't get out so they bounch back into the chamber and bolt....thus jamming it.

Sorry to hijack the thread Samm.

That is just mine though.

Samm, whats yours doing in respect to my problem...?

~P

Oddly this occurred with my first mac11 (as any who saw me at AG may / may not have noticed, I'm stupid enough to own two, complete with those naff laser sights), and the solution, as idiotic as it is, came about simply enough for me by simply oiling my mac well (but not excessively, as Gretik managed - the thing shouldn't ooze oil, but merely be lubricated).

As stupid as it sounds, lubricating the bolt a little more seemed to cause the problem to simply vanish for me, so perhaps in my case it was related to the manner in which the bolt was cycling rather than a feed lip issue. Both of my M11s seem to love a regular lubing, and appear to cycle much smoother. I can only assume the open bolt nature means the lubricative properties of the silicone oil dissipates faster.

However, I appreciate that may achieve nothing in your case - and I think I possibly had this discussion with you at AG05. If I already have then my apologies. :)

My M11 was a slippery as fish when I was done with it. It worked fine and cycled smooth, but unless you strapped it to your hand with ratchet clamps, it would slip from your palm at will. I recommend a fish-tank full of silicone oil and a pair of marigolds B)

(No sniggering at the back...)

My M11 was a slippery as fish when I was done with it. It worked fine and cycled smooth, but unless you strapped it to your hand with ratchet clamps, it would slip from your palm at will. I recommend a fish-tank full of silicone oil and a pair of marigolds B)

(No sniggering at the back...)

I think you'd recommend a fish-tank full of lube and a pair of rubber gloves for most things. You degenerate. :P

Arf! :P

I have the feeling Samm will be patronised to death with our lube advice, but worth a shot eh? And whilst I'm here... If anyone can get me a KWA/KSC M11 HOP rubber and mag seal, I will do your washing up for a month. Seriously, PM me if you can at all help. Even if you order the parts yourself from a shop and then sell them on to me at a mark-up, I will consider it.

/off-topic

Ahh yes, the lubricating story :rofl:

I think it's properly lubricated, but the problem that seems to come to mind is that I'm not lubing a specific part properly?

More worry in that you don't have the metal bolt do you Marlowe? What about you Doc? I think that also may be where the problem lies :no:

Um...Yes, I do. First thing I did to the mac I bought off havoc. The new one doesn't have one, but that's because I bought it boxed with a mag for just £30 and have so far simply just thrown a plastic mag in that one. I had the issue upon initially firing the mag bolt m11, but as I said, the lube down the top and side of the bolt fixed it. It was nothing to do with the feed lip of the magazine in my case, but Plasticmag's suggestion does appear to be a logical one. Sorry I can't help more. :)

Archived