MAC11 ejecting BBs

Samm

Oh sorry ^_^ I can remember you saying something about not having one at AG, but I guess that was just in the one gun.

I'll go and have a look at it later and give it a good spray.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was eventful.

Just went to have a poke around my Mac11 with some silicone spray, did the sides and the top of the bolt generously like you said Marlowe.

So I cocked the bolt, and straight away my previous idea pretty much reared its head. The feed lips are way too fragile with holding the BBs in, when I put the magazine in a slight knock on the magwell wall was enough to send half the magazine flying upwards.

So I reloaded, and again even just the mag-catch clicking sent a handful of BBs out the top...

It's definitely the feed lips/magazines. One shot on single shot, the movement of the bolt causes several BBs to spray sideways. After about 4 shots the magazine was empty.

I can see how what you said PlasticMag could be the problem, but even from new, and with a brand new spare mag this problem has been occuring.

What does it want me to do then? Bend the feed lips inwards? I'm scared to do so :huh:

As I think has been mentioned previously, using different BBs might just solve this for you. You just need to find some with slightly better, more consistent tolerances that run slightly larger than what you're using now.

A question for all M11 owners: What type of BBs are you using in your M11s currently? Do you encounter the brass ejecting problem?

Well I'm using Excel .2g, this might link so R22's thread on them being too small :\

Maybe I should try some Goldfire's.

Back when I was researching the M11 before I bought it, I can remember coming across a few pages linking to this problem (perhaps, but it was so long ago I can't remember) and the only thing I can find on the web now is something at Airsoft Canada:

Check one of the BBs that gets stuck, does the tip of the magazine leave grooves on it? the Magtips may be too sharp and might need to be smoothed with some sandpaper or something. and another thing, even if its a new gun, dissasemble it completly and clean it very well and then lube it well.

Now this sounds familiar to what I heard a while ago, but I can't be sure. I'll have a look at the BBs and see if there are any marks later.

Problem solved! :D

I used the various .25 BBs I had that came with guns, and it works fine ;)

Hehe, see, I cracked it eventually!

(Although I did only switch over to .25s because no matter how much I adjusted the hop up and attempted to compensate for the recoil, I kept spraying 25 odd .2 bbs into people's faces whilst aiming at their chests...Bloody things..:S

Sorry for not reading the whole thread but my WA pistol acts the same way before I got the old version mags. BB's comes out of ejection port. I found the problem to be a jam in the barrel+lips not holding bb's well. It's more the latter.

If an extra bb jumps out of the lip, the nozzle can't reach the first one and fence can't fire it out. When the nozzle shoots air, instead of shooting anything, it shoots it on the second bb, with the first bb blocking the exit, it flies out of ejection.

Solution? Improve the mag.

• 10 months later...

I've noticed a few people around the forum having similar problems to this so I thought I'd bump the thread into view.

If you're having BBs coming out of the ejection port issue, try using .25g BBs or an brand that you know are slightly larger.

I've found that HFC .2g ones were slightly larger than Excel ones and they solved the problem.

I use White Devils exclusively in mine as they are the ones recommended by Wolf, who I bought it from.

I noticed some slip straight into the mag from the feed bottle with no problems, some require a fair push.

What BBs do others use in their M11s and what results have you had?

By slipping into the magazine you mean from the front, not the top, yes?

Same for me, when using the loader some will pour in but about 1 in 5 will need to be pushed in. Takes longer to load but I guess this is a defining point if you want your gun to work :)

Hi Samm,

I have been given the link to your question about the Ingram M11A1. It may have been a while ago, so sorry about this, but I have only just been told about it.

I also have the gun and recently suffered exactly to same fault. I say fault, because as it turned out I cured it without actually doing anything to the gun at all.

By changing to .12g bb's (I call them rounds - they don't come much rounder!) from the .20 ones I had been using and lubing the inside of the action it began only shooting a few out of the ejection port.

So a further change to 134a gas and bingo! No rounds flying everywhere.

So if you haven't managed to solve the trouble try that.

If you found another way that allows you to stay with green gas and .20 rounds, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Gunlady

Durrr... Copypaste incoming:

"I managed to squeeze the top of the mag (on HFC one) with slipjoint pliers and it still works. Needs a little strength though.

And let go of the bb pusher catch slowly and gently. It's the fastest way to waste a good mag."

I did it when the feeding lips were still BARELY holding the bbs (they'd fall out if you shook the mag a little) - try gripping the sides of the feeding part with slipjoint pliers or a vise, and squeeze them a little. Check if BBs still fall out. In my case, I have a bag of random .20g BBs and no problems with feeding when using them. Damn, even cheap white .12g's don't fall out.

• 1 month later...

Archived