Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.1

hippiehater44

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are the SPECWAR Group.

Current Desert Navy Seal setups looks really nice and high speed.

Here are some more wannabes (pls. don't ask about their gear, I wouldn't know all about the whistle and bells attached to their body, particularly not about the black life preserver on the left :D:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/kwp/c6dcd7d1.jpg

but...but...then what good are you on these boards, KWP?

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

Just relax Titleist, take it real easy and try to enjoy the pic like the others ;).

{...}

Was this the Polytech meet?

Yes, it was in February. I joined as a bloody civilian :D.

They are the SPECWAR Group.

They are featured in Toy Soldier's website gallery.

http://www.toysoldier.com.hk/gallery_show_01.html

Haha, but SPECWAR were the bodyguards of KWP on that day :D, or was it vice versa?

You think you know who and what SPECWAR really is? I doubt so ;).

492de4f5.jpg

Wow, that made a change! Bonus points if you can say when ;)

Now i believe this was reffering to the ACU's being worn by SEALs... I havent seen anyone respond to this and even though it is a late response i think i knwo the answer... SEALs wear ACU's when they are specifically assigned to join with an Army Detachment...

Now i believe this was reffering to the ACU's being worn by SEALs... I havent seen anyone respond to this and even though it is a late response i think i knwo the answer... SEALs wear ACU's when they are specifically assigned to join with an Army Detachment...

Makes sense... that way the team guys don't run around wearing a sign saying "we're SEALs, a high end tactical asset,and we're operating in your neighborhood, pay special attention to us" ;) TBH I think that is SOP for Navy units assigned to work in conjunction with the Army these days. I want to say I remember seeing a pic of a bunch of Navy Medical types marching in formation wearing ACUs (I think it was from the Navy Times or something).

Not sure I understand what you are getting at guillom.

My point was that, for guys in the teams, it might make sense to blend in if they were working around larger units. The second part about the medical type folk was unrelated (my guess is that it was a bunch of Navy Nurses or Docs (there were lot's of LTs in the pic) assigned to work with a larger Army medical unit)

Titleist:

Sorry to jump in, I thought I could help :D

THB I always used the thickest set of those tan leather workgloves I could get my hands on. They are kind of disposible after a while, and every glove I've ever used has issues with heat build up if you don't propperly regulate your speed (too slow, they burn up gradually, too fast and they burn up fast when you break... just be careful and start with short hops and you'll be fine)

BTW if you are just buying all the rappelling gear for looks, let me know, cause otherwise I'm gonna feel like an idiot ;)

OK sorry for the OT

It's about 50/50, I do happen to do some climbing when the time allows, but this is mostly for looks, mainly to have clipped to my riggers belt for my PJ impression.

I'm getting the feeling you guys suggest the USGI leather gloves?

nahh I'm suggesting those really thick yellowish leather work gloves you can buy at the DIY or Hardware store... they tend to go for <$10 and you need new ones every three or four outings ;) that said they are fine in the garden after

A Navy SEAL gave it to me. LOL just kidding.

Advantages:

1. Real scope mount, it's price is even cheaper compared to its competitors

2. You can use it in a real gun

3. It's very rare

4. It's 100% accurate to what the US Navy SEALs use

5. It's brand new

6. If someone spends 350-450 on optics, why skimp on the mount

7. So I can easily join the 1K club hehe

8. It's very nostalgic to me.

9. It's more of the thrill of searching, contacting people, sending paymeny, and opening the package.

I actually didn't pay that price. That's my selling price.

Archived