Navy SEAL Pictures/Discussion Pt.1

hippiehater44

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

85423504-M.jpg

85465534-M.jpg

Navy SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team. Shane Patton. RIP.

85422341-M.jpg

Not sure about these guys. But, since I'm low on pics...enjoy it.

85422340-M.jpg

Joint Special Operations Task Force (SOTF) personnel fast-rope down to the ground from a US Navy (USN) MH-60S Knighthawk helicopter while simulating taking down a moving target.

85422339-M.jpg

Joint Special Operations Task Force (SOTF) team members stop and seize a moving vehicle target during training.

US Forces!!! Get down you mutha...!!! :D

Am I the only one who finds it funny that they take the time to paint their face and then wear jeans?

Having read a ton about the Teams in Vietnam, you have to take a few things into account:

1st: Almost all of their operations took place at Night, so dark pants worked well for camoflage.

2nd: The issued equipment at the time was old style OD jungle fatigues which wouldn't hold up to the wear and tear of the kind of 12 hour Ambush or Parakeet (Prisoner Snatch) Ops in and out of the water in the Delta.

3rd: The Teams are renound for their use of "expedient" equipment because the conventional Navy Supply system has always had problems getting them the gear they need in theater.

4th: In Vietnam SEAL teams almost never worked in conjunction with other US forces, so IFF wasn't an issue. Basically they worked in Free Fire Zones where they were the only Americans operating... everyone else was VC

Basically, if you see Stoner M63s, Fu Manshu Mustaches, Blue Jeans, Swedish K Sub Machine Guns, Coral Boots or Silenced Pistols, more often than not they're SEALs :D

Yeah, but you don't just 'join the SEAL's' do you? :) They would have been in the Marines or Army or whatnot before that, so they would already know how to use an M9 very well. Anyways... anyone got any more pics?

well actually no. NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED to join the SEALs.

SEALs Recruitment Requirements Page

Having read a ton about the Teams in Vietnam, you have to take a few things into account:

1st: Almost all of their operations took place at Night, so dark pants worked well for camoflage.

2nd: The issued equipment at the time was old style OD jungle fatigues which wouldn't hold up to the wear and tear of the kind of 12 hour Ambush or Parakeet (Prisoner Snatch) Ops in and out of the water in the Delta.

3rd: The Teams are renound for their use of "expedient" equipment because the conventional Navy Supply system has always had problems getting them the gear they need in theater.

4th: In Vietnam SEAL teams almost never worked in conjunction with other US forces, so IFF wasn't an issue. Basically they worked in Free Fire Zones where they were the only Americans operating... everyone else was VC

Basically, if you see Stoner M63s, Fu Manshu Mustaches, Blue Jeans, Swedish K Sub Machine Guns, Coral Boots or Silenced Pistols, more often than not they're SEALs :D

Demo D!ck Marcinko FTW. ;)

anyone got any Delta force pics?  I didn't want to start a new thread so i thought i'd ask here.  Personally i find the D-boys more interesting than seals.

You're probably asking in the wrong place. Perhaps you'd have better luck here?

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=20895&hl=

:D

http://sparrowunit.smugmug.com/photos/49835173-M.jpg

Any recognize those two laying down on the right?

Aren't they the apparent SAS/SBS pictured here?

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/All.../SEAL_watching2

Read somewhere that stated that they were the KSK, I was a little unsure but when I saw that "sbs" picture the camo matches up, and the weapon the guy at the front is carrying looks very similar to the painted G36's they carry.

Edit: If you look realy closely, you can see an Eotech, so yea, I think they are ksk.

Cheers.

it's basically impossible to find any that you haven't seen before, your going to have to go to a book store or shop online for any books on DELTA force or SPECIAL FORCES that contain pictures. Here is a link to some pictures that I found a while back.

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/Delta

i've seen all those before. I was afraid that was the case but i thought it couldn't help asking as the array of SEAL pictures was mightily impressive!

I suppose the stealthy d-boys really are too stealthy for their own good, much like our own SAS buggers.

Darkchild

Haha i find it kind of ammusing that whenever you see pictures of special forces in the field they always seem to have the scrottyest kit they could possible have(okay, mell maybe its just the apparent SAS pictures). If you turned up to an airsoft skirmish in a black t shirt and trackys with webbing over it and a shemagh all the geardos would probably critisise you for not being "milsim" :P

you've made a very good point there, which is exactly the reason i don't go for any particular look. Any special forces unit can look just like any other in the right circumstances.

(and it would be a bit silly for a soldier to imitate another soldier anyway, no matter how good the other soldier is)

Darkchild

Pardon my ignorance, but how can you tell that guy is EOD and not from the Teams?

The only time I ever saw the EOD guys, they were wearing protecs, and od flight suits, or the old fashioned "Working Greens" (in offices or working in their compound on base).

Archived