S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Impressions.

Samm

Really depends on the make/model and where you got it from.

I'm fairly sure they stopped using asbestos in Word War 2, but you're probably best off contacting a collector or something who knows for definite.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems I got it wrong, double cheacked my own sources as well, and it's the hose type maks that were worn by the army.

Was the gp-5 used by the military at all? I was going to make my stalker loadout neo-soviet in style, with plenty of hammers and sickles etc, kind of "maybe we can use c-conciousness to restore the soviet union" sort of thing

I'll try ang get those screenshots up tonight,

thanks for the info neo,

matt

You can tell they took some heavy inspiration from that for Half Life 2 yeah.

Mikoyan why does the gas mask have to be military issue? :P surely civillian would be more easily aquireable for a stalker.

Very nice loadout.

May I suggest this:

-AK

-Russian Gas Mask

-Gloves

Why would they help the loadout at all? I think the individuality stands out a lot more and comes off better than keeping to some ridiculously strict guidelines.

I'm more of a fan of STALKER pre-release, the original ideas were much more interesting as were the stories from the literary competition on the STALKER homepage and I think it's great that this thread and other people's ideas on loadouts reflect this as well.

The released STALKER game turned out to be very much the "vanilla" version :(

Keep it up guys these are awesome!

I was just curious about the masks orgin thats all, also I used to use it occasionaly in a russian loadout when I did backyard skirmishes. thats why I was so shocked when the lenses expeloded. :o

As for the "unknown" mask next to the combine, thats the one my sources say is the soviet issue from back in the day.

cheers, sorry i confused everyone,

matt

I recommend the mod "Oblivion Lost".

It reintroduces cut out character models, monsters, vehicles, and abilities like artifact activation.

Although the AI are easier to fight, it's an overall improvement on a grand scale.

I've been playing Faiakies Mod 2.4 and it keep crashing at Lab x-18. I might try this one out.

Ok. here's how I got Oblivion Lost to work:

First, I install "Smart Mod Manager" for Stalker. This is a nifty program that will install and, um, manage the mods you download. Highly recommended.

Next, download Oblivion Lost 1.2. This will allow you to start the game and you can see the nifty menu, but the game crashes when you try to start the game.

Next, make sure your game is patched to the latest version of Stalker (1.005 I think?).

Finally, download the Oblivion Lost 1.21 patch.

Make sure "STALKER Oblivion Lost 1.2" is enabled and that "Oblivion lost Mod" is disabled. I know it sounds strange, but the former is the patched version of the mod and the latter is just the patch.

Once you've done this, the game should work. Just give it some time when creating your new game.

EDIT:

There's also a file you need to manually import to your game folder so that Skull gives you the mission at the Military Warehouse. It's on the forum you download Oblivion Lost from, but takes awhile to find.

fair enough, just be careful what you bring back - especially scrap metal, I hear the locals keep looting the vehicle graveyards. If you take pics, could you post copies here?

cheers,

matt

edit: just looked at the pics in your sig, could you re-post some of the relevant ones here?

fair enough, just be careful what you bring back - especially scrap metal, I hear the locals keep looting the vehicle graveyards. If you take pics, could you post copies here?

cheers,

matt

I won't be taking anything from the Zone. I will be raiding that market in Kiev for funky surplus kit though. :)

Pictures from my last visit, albeit pretty ###### ones, can be seen Here.

I won't be taking anything from the Zone. I will be raiding that market in Kiev for funky surplus kit though. :)

Pictures from my last visit, albeit pretty ###### ones, can be seen Here.

I guessed that, was just pulling your leg :P

I'm debating whether or not I invest in some ukrainian combats just 4 weeks before I join the RAF :D

I've replaced the gasmask, gp-5 again as it was peanuts compared to the others.

Those pictures arn't bad at all, just not many of them, and quite interesting

-matt

Azubi are you going out there as a tourist or some other reason? Just curious as I don't know any real information on visits to The Zone that's all.

Cool photos anyway man. Argh, Chernobyl Cat!

catchernlv0.jpg

Ok. here's how I got Oblivion Lost to work:

First, I install "Smart Mod Manager" for Stalker. This is a nifty program that will install and, um, manage the mods you download. Highly recommended.

I just found this, too. I'm giving it a fresh install and I'm going to try Oblivion Lost and ABC Inferno...

Azubi, are their tours people can go on?

You have to go via an organised 'tour', although where you go can be negotiated with your minders. We had a writer from LonelyPlanet there doing some videoing so we got the 'tourist' tour with all the food and visiting of old people which I personally didn't care about. Next time around 'should' be different with a better trip planned.

There is a Checkpoint at 30km where our details were checked by the guards, a 10km checkpoint and also a checkpoint into Pripyat itself which was the main reason I went.

They don't like unofficial visitors as they see them as pikeys out to steal stuff, there are wild animals running around too such as boars and dogs/wolves. There are also pockets of radiation. I wouldn't recommend trying to sneak in although it would be more fun.

The suprising thing is that there are many people who work in the Zone itself. There were loads of people swarming about.

Samm, that kitten was with about 5 others and it's mother. All the kittens were bog-eyed and whilst I was there, two dogs came up and approached one of the kittens. This kitten lashes out and both dogs, legged it in fear.

DSCF4465Small.jpg

Archived