MP7 Magazine dilema

Crandall

That's the Zeiss Z-Point, the official combat sight for the MP7A1. It's very nice sight, very high-tech with a lot of nice features like automatic brightness adjustment.

http://www.zeiss.de/C12567A80033F8E4/Conte...1256A7300451C05

Eheheh, my parents work at zeiss :D

I may be able to get one of these much cheaper :D

The aimpoint looks horrible on it! :no:

Standard configuration over here :P

2005-03_111762_C_N_011-05-51%20COPY_1_0003.jpg

I prefer the German Bundewehr configuration, flip-ups and Z-Point ;)

Eheheh, my parents work at zeiss :D

I may be able to get one of these much cheaper :D

The aimpoint looks horrible on it!  :no:

So what? :D

I think most of us here in Germany can get it for about 250 Euro, new with 2 years warrenty. You just need to know the right sources ;) MSRP is 449 Euro.

gah!! MP5 or MP7... they're both super sexy, so smooth...

And the Bundeswehr is using the MP7?? If they go to stick mags I'll stick with the MP5 because I prefer having more mag options... but if it's really reasonably priced... I'll have to say to hell with it and pick one up :)

I swear unimatrix is working for H&K... I swear it... ;)

Is it just me or do British cops look like taxi drivers? :huh:

gah!! MP5 or MP7... they're both super sexy, so smooth...

And the Bundeswehr is using the MP7??

Jipp they do :). The MP7 was officially adopted as the MP7A1 in 2003 and introduced with the IdZ system (as the weapon of the IdZ squad leader) last year. A first lot of 2700 units was bought and delivered, more to come. In the long run the MP7A1 will probably replace all P8 service pistols in the German military when they reach the end of their service life.

A lot of the delivered guns are in service in Afganistan or Kosovo, mainly with the Feldjäger (German Military Police).

A few pictures

Note LLM-module, G36 sling, muzzle protection and Z-Point cover installed:

http://www.einsatz.bundeswehr.de/C1256F200...e_6-640x480.jpg

Feldjäger close protection team securing the area at one of ex-chancellor Schröders visits in Afghanistan:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51440494...9C30E9B9B114CE8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51440507...9C30E9B9B114CE8

I swear unimatrix is working for H&K... I swear it...  ;)

Hehe :D

Hehe, stay in England ;)

At least you can have all the Airsoft guns and accessories you like (hope you are able to smash the VRC bill), in Germany Airsofts are treated like real guns by the weapons law, so it's a lot harder (or impossible) and more expensive to get what you want :(

How about Austria?

With the announcement of TM's newest AEP's, people will be looking for what pouchs to put the magazines in. I myself am looking into buying one, but I want (need) pouchs for the magazines. I think there too big for pistol and MP5 pouchs (Not height wise, but by thickness, and lateral length) But not big enough to necessitate the need for M4 sized pouchs, so what is there to use? Anyone have any ideas?

dont know if its already been said in this thread

but if its an aep it will have tiny wee little stick mags

You can get an airsoft copy of the zeiss sight at WGC:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...Reddot%20Scopes

Yeah, but the Star copy isn't a really good sight. Actually it's far to expensive for it's poor performance.

How about Austria?

The Austrian gun law isn't as good as the American, but it's ways better than the German. :)

I am pretty sure that it will be an AEG though. do you know how hard it would be to get a stick mag that fed in thru that curve. same with the VZ61.

Really?

On what basis?

The MP7, M10, TMP and Skorpion are all too small to fit a Marui Uzi gearbox and a battery as well.

You figure that Marui has been working on a revolutionary new gearbox and/or battery design?

Or is it more likely they're gonna bung the AEP battery and gearbox in them?

Does anyone know how big an MP7 mag is in comparison to an MP5 mag?

The 20 round magazine is about as long as the 15 round MP5 mag. The 4.6mm round is longer (38mm overall/30mm case) than a 9x19 so the magazin will be deeper (~ 42mm), but it has a smaller width (~ 20mm)

Is it just me or do British cops look like taxi drivers?  :huh:

In the UK most taxi drivers look like this.

If your assumption is based on the picture razor posted.. then answer: no. :P

I did think ah maybe American taxi driver look like... but no, they don't lol.

I'm guessing the MP7 will use full mags, as i can't see the skorpion being fed from the grip and having a dummy mag.

(Just to clear things up this post is in no way racist... & i'll just laugh if someone thinks otherwise)

They look like the old time taxi drivers here in the states...

Ah fair doos.

Never seen em.

In fact.. ithink i know what you mean.

This guy seems to ring a bell though?

http://jtw.jw-music.net/home.jpg (one on the left in the window)

With the announcement of TM's newest AEP's, people will be looking for what pouchs to put the magazines in. I myself am looking into buying one, but I want (need) pouchs for the magazines. I think there too big for pistol and MP5 pouchs (Not height wise, but by thickness, and lateral length) But not big enough to necessitate the need for M4 sized pouchs, so what is there to use? Anyone have any ideas?

LOL you have a bout 2 years before these hit the streets!

Really?

On what basis?

The MP7, M10, TMP and Skorpion are all too small to fit a Marui Uzi gearbox and a battery as well.

You figure that Marui has been working on a revolutionary new gearbox and/or battery design?

Or is it more likely they're gonna bung the AEP battery and gearbox in them?

I think it will be a redesigned (horizontal motor) AEP, Sid is right about that, the MP7 is to small to get a standard Gearbox inside. And we all know Marui, why should the develop something new if they can use already existing parts?

well IMHO. i figure they are useing there AEP technology to make a much smaller gearbox design. one that uses standard mags like a AEG. but with a much smaller gearbox like a AEP. basiclly shrinking a AEG.. but that is just what my thoughts are.

Archived