bird flu/avian flu

Hvy gear

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand why some people are saying meh, I dont care if it's your time it's your time. Hell, I agree, thats my policy....

But you have to take into consideration the people who dont want to die, the people who have fear of death, the next generation (ie children).

It's really our collective duty to protect them and our familys, if a precaution can be taken, take it! If somethign can be prevented, Prevent it!

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

I play Civ 3.

----------

On parallel topic:

There's this guy I know that's lived through the SARS epidemic in Hong Kong. He works at a rubbish dump/recycling centre, drinks warm Chinese beer and eats chicken wings with his hands whilst at work.

If there's a miracle cure for SARS.... or Avian Flu... [well there isn't] then this guy would be it.

Quick!! Hunt him down, cut him to pieces and use him as medicine!!!! :D

What abour rhino?

He'd be able to escape an avian flu outbreak by rolling down hills away from it.

If he was at the bottom of a hill, however, it'd get stuck in Teh Tache, leaving him unaffected.

Hey, I should be more worried than most, since my family keeps chickens for the eggs. So am I worried? Worried about an excuse to buy an MCU-2 respirator off eBay? HELL NO!

Yeah i guess that im fairly worried about this. Seeing as its the nature of fatal pandemics to kill many people (strange that)....

But oh well. If i die i will be in bed. This bed has a DPM duvet cover. All is good in the world. I shall, however be leaving behind many smaller sizes of DPM that have sprouted up around my bedroom. I leave this in the care of gearboi to look after.

well.

i read in the paper that a London Uni lab (i think), has found a vaccine that will protect against almost all strains of the virus.

basically they need to know what strain it mutates into, then they can produce vaccine for it, and have enough within 3 weeks.

it is self administered aswell, as it does not use injections, needles or anything, but some weird high pressure gas gun thingy or something, i dunno my tea break stopped when i got to that bit. <_<

the only problem is that to get it to people quick enough, it wont be able to go through all of the testing etc usually required of medicines.

There are bird flu vaccinations, but they need to find out what strain it is, then they can vaccinate against it. IT also takes several months to create a vaccine against H5N1 - the most potent form, which we only have 1 million vaccines for which will go to front line services - i,e, NHS/army.

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7012

A good article this one :)

Well if you break your leg i'm sure you would rather have the hospital set it, rather than your mates :P

Some people will survive, and DIY accidents will still happen, just because Changing Rooms has gone doesn't mean people have given up trying to make their house look bad and crippling themselves in the process :unsure::rolleyes:

Archived