bird flu/avian flu

Hvy gear

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it is self administered aswell, as it does not use injections, needles or anything, but some weird high pressure gas gun thingy or something

*gases up G19*

:unsure:

it wont be able to go through all of the testing etc usually required of medicines.

I don't really trust vaccines as it is, but ones that havn't been through a lot of testing, no way will i trust it ;)

Apparently there is no Vaccine as such, There is the Anti Viral Drug however (Tamiflu i think). The Government has 14 Million Doses of this drug stockpiled but it is only going to be used when someone actually catches the lethal strain of Bird Flu. It can be used to prevent it by taking it regularly but this would significantly decrease the number of Doses available in this Country and of course Only the More important people will get to use Tamiflu.

Its Predicted that around 700,000 to 1 million people could die from bird Flu in this country and this is mainly Old people and Young children.

For a good time, check out the CDC & WHO websites!

I'm on there all the time.  It's a never-ending source of facination of the educational sort.

:D

I hope I'm not the only person with Virology Diagnostic Protocols on their Amazon.com wishlist...

My mum reads medical papers and goes to med-school for retraining.... oh right.... that's because she's a nurse...

:unsure:

erm... yeah... You are the only human that goes on there. ;)

it is self administered aswell, as it does not use injections, needles or anything, but some weird high pressure gas gun thingy or something

oh yeh... what calibre is it? if it's 6mm i reckon they should issue us airsofters with it to go help vaccinate everyone :D proof it DOES NOT KILL/CRIPPLE PEOPLE and this time, 'saves the nation'

thing is...

it's not like they can right click on the mutation icon and tell which mutant sub-strain of the H5N1 it is, right away... and it's not like they can start making the vaccine in every single affected country the second they come up with the right... "stuff"?

And then there's the logistical problem. But I'm sure you can imagine how hard it can get in certain places.

If the virus can spread in places like Russia and Kazahkstan, it'll have no problem spreading in fertile western Europe and England.

None of the known mutations still cannot pass from person to person - and we can all feel safe from chickens, sure. But what's truly worth noting is that... we don't know when the next mutation will happen and which sub-strain it will become. So it's like playing tetris with the next block forecast window turned off.

You'll have a very limited time to react. I'd rather it be plenty.

Of course, most of us internetters live in civilised places. And will probably be able to survive this without ever caring a thing about it. So nevermind eh ;) .

It feels just like common flu you know?

---------------

in other news...

What am best Airsoft Electric Vaccine??? Am star sa80 taked vaccine rounds? can it fire semi??? hmm?? hmmm?? HM????

I know what I'm doing about it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WOODLAND-ARMY-JACKET...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOX-OF-FIFTEEN-FILTE...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/British-army-NBC-glo...1QQcmdZViewItem

Gwahahah!

(Link to the filters doesn't like coming from Arnie's... curious)

Archived