Star M249 MkII and Para Released...

staticzero

Same as me then, i look forward to finding out if it is possible :)

If the Star MkII stock is at all like the CA, then it should be possible to rewire it to the stock. In the case of the Para, I'm hoping I can make something work in the handguard. I don't have any experience with SAWs though, so I'm going to have to research it a bit. I'm sure it's been covered somewhere.

Damn, I want the para, but no cash... hmmm...

Show your appreciation for the work of the mods! Now accepting donations!

No really, going to save up for one. :)

Hmm. Not a bad idea... Except, donate to me, your faithful reviewer! :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the battery is located inside of the drum mag. So you will need the drum mag to fire you gun. You do not need to press another button to wind the magazine, the magazine will wind by itself while you are firing the gun. It shoots roughly 280 to 300 fps. hm... that is all. We are just about sold out.

Expect a ton of pics from static ;)  :D

And soon, it would seem...

Scheduled Delivery: Nov 3, 2005

It's a good thing too since I'll have no time to work on it over the weekend. I should be able to give it a solid look before then though (assuming it arrives on time). Depending on the timing, I'm thinking I'll be able to get an initial impression and some pictures up thursday night or friday morning, and some performance data and other more in-depth stuff up friday night. I'm looking forward to it. :)

And soon, it would seem...

Scheduled Delivery: Nov 3, 2005

It's a good thing too since I'll have no time to work on it over the weekend. I should be able to give it a solid look before then though (assuming it arrives on time). Depending on the timing, I'm thinking I'll be able to get an initial impression and some pictures up thursday night or friday morning, and some performance data and other more in-depth stuff up friday night. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Thank you Static. I 'm very interest about the plastic gearbox . I think that it can be the future for the E.G , with a lot of vantages . I hope that STAR makes a good quality product.

I'm waiting for your first impressions. :rolleyes:

p.s. if you want to see a very good machine gun, look at this website (my softairclub :P ) www.maddogs.it in the weapons section , M60 :D:D

ive been browsing around different forums trying to find more info on this gun, and i see alot of bad mouthing about the "plastic" gearbox. people are making it sound like its the same cheap plastic they make springers with. this is POLYCARBONATE, the same stuff they make most goggle lenses with, and even stronger ballistic goggles for the military. people hear plastic and instantly assume its weak, and cheap.

Star was not cutting corners and being cheap making a polycarbonate gearbox shell, that stuff is much more expensive (and stronger) than the cheap pot metal most companies are using right now.

Being the big man with the big gun is all about support. When an 85 lb kid running with a MKII is around avery corner it cheapens the role IMO. I've got an Asahi M60E3 and M249, both weigh around 20 lbs each, puts out 4xx fps and accurate to 100 yards. At 6' 4" 260, when I carry one of these into battle it puts fear into the opposition. Seeing a 4' nothing fidget with a plastic 249 is likley to bring about laughter. And last I saw $600 is still not cheap. That is a lot of dough for an AEG with the build quality of a TM M16.

That said, at least Star is addressing the need for a decent, affordable mechbox for the 249. The idea of three different-use boxes is unique too. The guns should either be $200 less or have more metal in the construction.

Being the big man with the big gun is all about support.  When an 85 lb kid running with a MKII is around avery corner it cheapens the role IMO.  I've got an Asahi M60E3 and M249, both weigh around 20 lbs each, puts out 4xx fps and accurate to 100 yards.

most of the people who are complaing about the StarM249 are doing it cos they have shelled out the cash on a Top or CA and hate the idea of some one having a support gun and not spending $hit loads for it.

Yeah, thats proved the point quite well waffen093.gif

Archived