tattoos

wasnotgod

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not my cup of tea either. I find them kinda unattractive on girls.

Same. On girls it realy depends on where/what/how big it is. Like a little insigina is kinda ok but huge things are not my cup of tea.

Oh and about the under 18 thing, my cousion who is 15 got one done. I think her parents payed for it. IMHO its huge and repulsive.

:Dr_Evil:

• 3 months later...

Heya, i just got my avatar tattooed on my arm, and i was curious as to what tattoos other airsofters had, and i found this thread, so sorry if i revive a dead thread :D

Anyway, here's my arm a few hours after being inked

Incidentally, about what people think? My mum thinks its a bit big, and when my dad found out i was gettin one, he wasn't happy about me spending the money to get it done (I'm a student). Then when he saw it, all he said was "Disfigured for life". There's my dad for you... Plus i don't have a gf atm, so if and when i start seeing a girl, they'll just have to accept it :)

post-14272-1139421846_thumb.jpg

I've got an Eagle, Globe and Anchor on my left shoulderblade surrounded by the music notes of the Marine's Hymn, the Inverness running horses and horseshoe on my right shoulderblade, and a big tribal piece filled with Celtic knotwork up my spine.

Ahh, the good old days... :)

Well, it was either revive this thread or start a new one and have some one yell "n00b!!" and send me a link to this thread...

So anyone else got tattoos they want to share with the rest of us?

Where does the design originate from?

I still don't have pics, but I would like to share this.

Tattoos are controlled damage, a way of wearing your mental scars.You remind yourself of ways you've changed, and the permanent ink means you can never change back. Lessons you've learned, things you've survived.

Pretty much sums up my approach, anyway....

OK i typed that before i saw Ghost Rider's reply, so here's what i know about the design.

It was originally seen in a cult film released in 1980 (i think) called Star Wars: Episode IV: The Empire Strikes Back. It's on the shoulder armour of the bounty hunter, Boba Fett.

OK, time for the fiction.

I'm not sure what the animal is that the skull comes from, but i know that it has been taken to represent the race of Mandalorians - anyone thats played the KOTOR games will know what i'm on about. Mandalorian armour is much like the Jedi lightsaber, each is individual to the bearer; however, all Mandalorian armour bore the skull somewhere on it. It died out to an extent with the extermination of the Mandalorian race, but saw a revival with Boba Fett, and his subsequent leadership of the Mandalorians.

Anywho, thats my interpretation of the history of the design, if anyone else knows different, feel free to correct me.

And apologies for the length of the post, i guess all you wanted to hear was that it's a Star Wars design :D but i find giving the whole truth is often the best policy

I was gonna post to mock you for tatooing a huge label on yourself which says "I am a SW geek of the highest order" but it looks like you beat me to it.

Still, I suppose the significance will only be recognised by another geek. Like me.

In the mean time, you might want to make up a cool explanation for it. Tell chicks it's the logo of a death-metal band or summat. ;)

I was gonna post to mock you for tatooing a huge label on yourself which says "I am a SW geek of the highest order" but it looks like you beat me to it.

Dude, i have a userbar which says "Lightsaber user", tell me that didn't give it away...

And yes, G_R highlighted a point which i can use - its not that well known, so i can make up stories about it to my hearts content. My current one is that it commemorates an elephant i killed in Kenya with my penknife. I felt my heroic deed needed some kind of celebration, considering i saved a truck-load of my fellow students, and the guard's H&K G3 rifle jammed, and i had my trusty Swiss Army knife handy...

And im not really into death metal, so i guess that one wouldn't work, but i am open to any other suggestions that may work.

8 So far, another 3 already designed and lined up - just need to find the dough to pay for them.

2 Tribal, 5 Celtic and 1 Pagan (Green Man )

Arms (nowt below the elbows) back, chest. Plenty more room yet...........

The next 3 are being done as a commemoration for my Dad. He liked my tatts and used them in his Photography work.

No pain - no gain.

Seeing as the other one got shut down ;) I had no idea this existed, oh well.

Here they are again :D Haven't had one for about 4 years now, starting to get a serious inky itch ...

000_1643.jpg

000_1636.jpg

000_1640.jpg

000_1633.jpg

and

Grrrr!! Rargh!!! Etc. 000_1642.jpg

Yes, I really should have spent the last 3 years doing ab crunchs instead of beer lifts, I know.

Well, if they get something done underage then there's a good chance that you'll be able to laugh very hard when they grow to hate the design they picked out.

More often than not. My parents paid for my first one actually as my 16th birthday present. It was the first thing I ever drew that I felt, at the time, was actually complete. Its terrible quality and lacks many things, yet is the most favourite thing that I have ever done - it single-handedly started the 2nd half of my life, in its own way.

. Plus i don't have a gf atm, so if and when i start seeing a girl, they'll just have to accept it :)

I've never had a lady mind them at all, in fact, but when I'm in the game I only date goth chicks and hippy chicks anyway, so its par for the course :D

When you're in the game, hehe...

I've just got it done, literally this Tuesday, its scabbing over atm :D plus i just broke up with my last gf bout 3 weeks, 4 weeks ago? So not much experience with how girls react to it. But like i said before, they'll just have to accept it.

And they look pretty sweet, evilhippy, i want to get some tribal tattoos done some time in the future, i just gotta decide what i'm getting.

Thanks man, there's something special about getting your own designs done (although the loss of detail and the screwed-up flow of the piece is incredibly frustrating sometimes - witness the weirdness of my gut :lol: )

DONT PICK IT!!! Dude, seriously don't pick it at all, be strong ;) . Its gonna get itchy (more itchy) in the next week, and if your a slow healer (or a heavy drinker) it may take as long as a month to completely heal.

From memory the bugger of a time is about halfway through your healing `cycle`, so around about now and for the next days/week it might get annoying. It will look loads better if you don't, not even scratch it or rub it or anything, any disruption to the scab can force it to start healing the skin again but a bit lower down i.e. taking more ink out into the scab.

Where you stretching the skin when you had it done at all? My shoulder was not stretched at all, but for my stomach I was laying out backwards at full stretch - effectively increasing the area being tattoo'ed by about 20% (ouchy even more) but you can see the difference in colour fidelity straight away, I'm so glad I suffered those long hours (10? 11?) to get a better fill on my stomach :)

No, i dont think i stretched the skin. The guy who did it, Kelly's Tattoos in Chester, by the way, he's great and a good artist, i recommend him to anyone thinking of getting one done in Chester, he told me not to look over as he was doing it, as it would move and stretch the skin, possibly ruining the design.

I'm generally a fast healer, so it shouldn't be too bad. It still burns occasionally when i stretch my arm, but otherwise its ok. And when i have a shower, i've been a good boy and patted it dry, not rubbed :D Plus i've had blisters on my hand before, and you're not supposed to scratch them when they're healing, so i guess i'm prepared.

I've been thinking of buying some sleeveless tops so i can show it off, but then again, i look a bit stupid in sleeveless tops, so hey.

And if i could draw, i would definately come up with my own design, but then again i'm not an artist, so i guess i'll leave it to the professionals (and semi-professionals :P)

Archived