• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

more like pay 4 Grand for the newest version, like the one Pat Rogers has:

http://demigodllc.com/photo/EAG-Carbine-20...01_4990_img.jpg

Are you sure that's a Gen2 Crye Armor Chassis?

that is £1150, yeh that is very pricey indeeed.

i could get my custom drum kit for that.

(waits for an authorised replica to be released)

preferably for $500 or less.

The Crye Chassis is a pretty complicated system to make accurately. A lot more complicated than a CIRAS. I'd be really surprised if one came out for that little but we can keep our fingers crossed.

Edited by uscmCorps

I mean single orders of 20 units or more

You mean that they only process orders when they have more than 20 units on order from various separate orders collectively, or that they will only accept single orders of 20 or more units!?!!

If it's the latter, that kind of makes sense as I'd imagine it would be more efficient to make 20 vests at once than each one, one by one.  That's kind of the way Eagle Industries does stuff too.  Their minimum order is around 25 pieces if you want something done that is out of stock or made in a specific camo pattern.  Problem with Eagle is that right now they're getting hammered with DOD contracts so a lot of their stuff is on severe back order with no estimate delivery in sight because they keep pushing back orders another 10-12 weeks.  :(

So if you see something in stock... buy it!  (p.s. I cleared out Triad Tactical's stock of Eagle Ind. M4 Multicam Pouches, heh heh... So the rest of ya gotta wait 6+ months if ya want them!)  :D

True.

however

they look sexual!

so i will be waiting for an authorised copy.

"Authorised copy"!?!!! You're kidding right!?!! That will NEVER happen. EVER. As for an unauthorised copy coming out of HK... that is a possibility.

Ragnar, as for the interest in the Crye Chassis... I think the main interest 99% of the airsofters have in it is the appearance of the rig, not it's ballistic capabilities. While the plates are probably very valuable, I doubt the rig itself would be terribly cheap either. It's not a simple vest by any means. Now if I was able to get a real Chassis and some fake plates to fill it... that would be a different matter.

You guys talking about the Crye Chassis do realize that you need military or LEO ID's to buy them. Also, the waiting list for this item at Crye is getting longer and longer. There are SWAT teams that cant even get these vests.

Yup, not only that, but it HAS to be a department purchase they wont sell to individual officers. PLUS, they have a minimum order requirement.

Edited by MinisterofDeath
You guys talking about the Crye Chassis do realize that you need military or LEO ID's to buy them. Also, the waiting list for this item at Crye is getting longer and longer. There are SWAT teams that cant even get these vests.

Same goes for the MBSS set but it's not like it's all that hard* to get one from the supplier.

*If you know the right people.

Edited by poorieuser

WOW, who said anything about $2300? They are expensive but not that expensive, at least that isnt what i was quoted. I also wasnt told that i would have to buy 20 or more.

Where do you guys get these numbers from? lol.

*If you know the right people.

Exactly ;)

Edited by msx361
WOW, who said anything about $2300? They are expensive but not that expensive, at least that isnt what i was quoted. I also wasnt told that i would have to buy 20 or more.

Where do you guys get these numbers from? lol.

From CP's site:

cparmorprices01lb8.jpg

cparmorprices02yl4.jpg

I was off by $200. But the above are starting prices... so they can only go up.