Why do ppl hate KJ works?

<< B.l.i.n.G >>

Do you like the KJ works Full metal Beretta?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the KJ works Full metal Beretta?

• Yes
    • Hell Yes
    • No
    • Wow you must be joking mate

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope. I'm referring to the spring retaining the conical bit inside the blue part. It's pinned into the removable piston pressed into the back end of the blue nozzle body.

That looks like an upgrade Guarder nozzle for WA 1911/0.45. KJW appears to have  duplicated WA design with the exception of the blowback reed and the firing pin latch. Is that the Guarder upgrade part for WA guns?

Ohh okay, that was my second guess, thanks a lot, I'll try it out! It'd be great if I can cure that god-awful gas venting. :)

Yes, that's the guarder upgrade for WA guns. Why, do you think it's not a good idea to use it?

Antagon, how much for the metal Mk1 hop-up? =P

Update: It works. Finally! Thanks a lot Max, it seems to have solved the P14 gas venting problem entirely. I've run several magazines with green gas and one with red through it, rapid-fired and all, not a single gas venting occured, even when running low on gas. Great. :)

I've not seen a KJW Beretta, but all the sites that list weight show oddly light weights for a full metal gun.

Can anyone shed any light on the reason?

Cheers.

I myself cannot testify to this, but according to my freind (whose dad owns a real steel berreta and has handled it) the KJW feels about the same as a real steel Berreta without ammo.

I've not seen a KJW Beretta, but all the sites that list weight show oddly light weights for a full metal gun.

Can anyone shed any light on the reason?

Cheers.

Must be the heaviest feeling GBB I own, or have ever owned.

I'll try to weigh it compared to a Vreaker 12 Gilded and a KWA Glock 19 (metal slide).

MadMax, have I told you lately that your my hero? Here I was gearing up to drop $45 on a WA mag so I could actually use my KJW 1911, but your instructions worked perfectly. I stretched the small spring behind the piston out (a little to much I think, it was kinda hanging there...) and the gun is now working flawlessly. I didn't even wait for the mag to warm up and I got off every round, rapid fire. I got at least 30 rounds outta that mag. How the hell did you figure that out?

MadMax, have I told you lately that your my hero?  Here I was gearing up to drop $45 on a WA mag so I could actually use my KJW 1911, but your instructions worked perfectly.  I stretched the small spring behind the piston out (a little to much I think, it was kinda hanging there...) and the gun is now working flawlessly.  I didn't even wait for the mag to warm up and I got off every round, rapid fire.  I got at least 30 rounds outta that mag.  How the hell did you figure that out?

Hey, I'm always glad to help out.

I hope you don't mind the reading. I assume that people would like me to explain what led me to my repair.

I had a few clues that pointed to the actual cause:

1. jamming statistically happens on any shot (first or say 20th)

2. slide doesn't even budge when it jams

All GBBs have certain features in common:

-they all have some means to shunt gas flow to the breech and then to the blowback internals

-the mode of the shunt feature is dependant on the presence of a bb in the breech or barrel

In the KJW Para Ord, this feature is that conical valve reed thingy. Initially it's spring pulls it against the forward opening in the piston sealing it off so gas is shunted into the breech and down the barrel. A sideport in the end of the piston (there's a side notch in the face that the reed seats against, allows pressure to equalize on both sides of the reed.

When the bb leaves the barrel (i.e. stops plugging it) the barrel and breech pressure drop rapidly. Because the sideport is small, there's a short time where pressure behind the reed is higher than pressure in front of it. The pressure differential causes the reed to push forward so more gas blasting out of the mag starts flowing behind the reed (pressure increases behind the reed). The increased pressure pushes the reed fully forward until it seats into the passage leading to the breech diverting all gas flow down the centre of the piston and cycling the blowback.

Partway through the slide recoil, a surface in the slide toggles a feature which lets the mag valve close (it gets locked open when the hammer socks it).

Symptom 1 told me that magazine pressure was not the key issue. It happened with warmish mags and cold ones. More or less anywhere in the series of shots in a mag.

Symptom 2 told me that the valve was not even beginning to cycle. No gas was being sent down the blowback pneumatics. Jammed piston seals or leaks were probably not the cause as I would still see some slide movement.

Ergo, the spring holding the reed isn't reliably letting the reed even begin to change state.

Out of curiosity I removed the reed retention spring, but left the reed in the *albatross*'y, just to see if the gun reliably recoiled. Lo and behold, it did. Couldn't shoot bbs more than a metre or two as the reed was immediately popping forward before the bb left the barrel. It was pretty funny shooting like that. All the racket and strong recoil of a propane powered metal gun, but less power than spitting bbs out 3" loading tube.

After seeing that I convinced the owner to let me prang the spring a bit.

does anyone know if the HFC CO2 M9 mags will work with the kjw M9 series guns ?

If they do, is the FPS legal for target shooting (obviously would be too controversial for skirmishing) ?

Got a FMV Elite 1a, and it's my favourite piece in my collection, much more accurate than the KWA Glock that I own and much more fun to shoot than an AEG.

*listens and learns* Very educational! You should submit it to Arnie for the Articles section, every KJ P14/1911 owner needs to know this.  :)  Then I can submit an article on making your own hop-up...  <_<

I would, except that I don't have a KJW ParaOrd to take pics of. There aren't many in Canada. Such an article needs good pictures and a good explanation of how to stretch out the spring without damaging it.

I think the easiest way to reduce it's preload is to remove it from the piston assembly. Tape a ruler down to your work table with some clear tape. Put small hex keys through both loops and hold one end of the spring against the end of the ruler. Stretch the spring once to say 20mm and let it relax. Stretch it again to 21mm and let it relax. Repeat in 1mm increments until you can just see a little light between the winds in the spring. In a relaxed state, the spring preload has been removed.

Yes, the HFC CO2 mags will work in a KJW m9s.

The HFC is a copy of the TM M9, and so is the KJW m9, so reason states they will be compatible.

Bear in mind though, that the gun won't have been designed with C02 in mind. If you check Airsoft Scotland, they found that the C02 mag will break the HFC gun that comes with a standard mag. Apparently, the hammer spring on the standard version is weaker than on the C02 version. Just something to keep in mind. :)

NOTE: Unlike the CO2 Beretta, this gas version cannot use both types of magazine. It can't fire the CO2 mags due to a weaker hammer spring. We found this out at our peril, but that's another story..................
So not sure what the problem is, but it doesn't sound good. Might be worth e-mailing them before buying C02 mags though.

...But might drive you over skirmish power limits...

Obviously, you couldn't use a CO2 gun in warm UK weather on a skirmish.

Just pointing out that there's probably a REASON they fitted a weaker spring, rather than just swapping mags.

Cheers.

Cheers guys,

Was aware that KJW and HFC were TM copies but wasn't sure if it would take the pressures of CO2 (after everyone slagging of KJW's choice of metals).

Just read the thing on Airsoft Scotland, need to do a bit more research on the gun's internals before messing with spring replacement.

..But might drive you over skirmish power limits...

Obviously, you couldn't use a CO2 gun in warm UK weather on a skirmish.

Am aware of this, more interested in target (tin can) shooting performance as I don't get to do much skirmishing up here; no-one to play with in the highlands :(

(would probly take my Glock to a skirmish as my sidearm anyway - ifyou need a pistol you need it in a hurry, shorter gun = quicker draw)

Archived